LEICESTER TIGERS 2019/20 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD PART 2

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2019/20 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD PART 2

Post by kpj tiger »

I'd imagine its nonsense, Billy won't come cheap and our backrow is pretty stacked anyway
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

I really don't want any player tainted by this in a Tigers shirt.

Surely there business ventures will allow them to retire from rugby.....
To win is not as important as playing with style!
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:37 pm I really don't want any player tainted by this in a Tigers shirt.

Surely there business ventures will allow them to retire from rugby.....
That's a little harsh, it wasn't the players idea and even though they may have taken advantage of it I don't blame them, Rugby is a short career and i'd want to make as much as I can out of it
MCC1964
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MCC1964 »

Well, he’s broken his forearm.......AGAIN. so who knows what that might mean. He’s going to be out of action after the six nations at least.
Traveller
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Traveller »

MCC1964 wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:05 pm Well, he’s broken his forearm.......AGAIN. so who knows what that might mean. He’s going to be out of action after the six nations at least.
I don't want it to be the case, and I have absolutely no expertise on this sort of thing, but I went to a fascinating seminar at one of the prem clubs led by their Head of S&C and it was really interesting seeing how they track the impact of injuries and the likelihood of reaccurance, or secondary injury due to adaptation i.e. knee injury because of ankle problems, hip and back problems because of knee injuries. If it is four broken arms in five / six years I would have thought that is going to be really problematic for him going forward. Maybe not. Maybe you come back even stronger after such injuries. Any experts out there?
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

MCC1964 wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:05 pm Well, he’s broken his forearm.......AGAIN. so who knows what that might mean. He’s going to be out of action after the six nations at least.
The way he went down seemed fairly innocuous did playing on a surface with no give contribute to the injury ?
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

I would imagine that if we can't find a few more thousands to offer May what he wants, there's no chance we have space in the cap to sign Billy.

For the first time in many years, we are actually looking pretty good in the back row anyway! 2nd row and hooker are perhaps better places to invest.
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

If as GM says, we are very close to the cap this year, you can only read into that that we don't have much room other than the players leaving salaries to spend. TPN is rumoured to be going but who else is on the leaving rumour mill - TY possibly retiring and who else?????
Hehehehehehehehe
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

I don't expect many changes in the squad.
MCC1964
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MCC1964 »

Mark62 wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:28 am
The way he went down seemed fairly innocuous did playing on a surface with no give contribute to the injury ?
You have to wonder.
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

RagingBull wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:53 am I don't expect many changes in the squad.
Which is positive, I would hope for another hooker another lock and number 8, if Kalamafoni moves on, and depending on what happens with Lenny, May and Thompstone direct replacements for them
DeadlyDunc
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by DeadlyDunc »

MCC1964 wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:04 am
You have to wonder.
Just to put some facts into the wondering..

There is more "give" in an artificial pitch than natural - particularly when compared to modern hybrid pitches like the one at WR. Its a requirement of World Rugby that all compliant Rugby artificial grass pitches (AGPs) provide a 1.3m critical fall height when tested by an independent test house which would, by any common measure, be greater than a professional natural turf pitch.
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

DeadlyDunc wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:12 am
MCC1964 wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:04 am

You have to wonder.
Just to put some facts into the wondering..

There is more "give" in an artificial pitch than natural - particularly when compared to modern hybrid pitches like the one at WR. Its a requirement of World Rugby that all compliant Rugby artificial grass pitches (AGPs) provide a 1.3m critical fall height when tested by an independent test house which would, by any common measure, be greater than a professional natural turf pitch.
Thanks for the clarification Dunc that’s really informative
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

Tiglon wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:32 am I would imagine that if we can't find a few more thousands to offer May what he wants, there's no chance we have space in the cap to sign Billy.

For the first time in many years, we are actually looking pretty good in the back row anyway! 2nd row and hooker are perhaps better places to invest.
Agreed. Hooker (if TPN goes which hopefully he does) and another quality 2nd row should be the priority. If May goes then hopefully Lam will be inbound as a direct replacement.

Will be interesting to see what happens with BY.. as mentioned above if he does go then clearly we need a replacement; I think that this is definitely an area to target as it’s such a crucial position. Perhaps we might look for a Faf DK or Reinach type signing; someone that is World Class but won’t be called up to the 6N every year!

It’s great having so many England Internationals in the Squad but with 4-5 players likely to be away with England again next 6N it could help with our stability.
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

I would imagine Jack Singleton will want out at Sarries would be a good player to target for next season