Leicester vs Saracens

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

CitizenSmiff
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Leicester vs Saracens

Post by CitizenSmiff »

One does wonder just how bad it will get before Murphy gets his P45. We need a fresh start and it just feels like wasting time until we get one.
JGT57

Post by JGT57 »

JGT57 wrote: ↑
Golden opportunity here for Borthwick to make a name for himself.

He's got a name. It's Borthwick!

If he comes he can be Mr Borthwick (inspirer if men and even better coach!)

I shall donate a new broom.
BigDan50
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by BigDan50 »

If you listen to Mark McCalls, Rob Baxter’s, Dai Young’s and quite a lot of the other head coaches comments during a game you hear concise, intelligent and informative information about what’s happening in the match, listen to Murphy and all you her is recycled coach quotes not at all related with what is happening throughout the match.
He is just not up to the job, he lacks the talent or intelligence to be a head coach.
It won’t be long before Mike Ford is head coach.
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

sapajo wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:55 pm
fortysix wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:37 pm On BT Sport today, the camera panned in at half time to the 2 dressing rooms
Sarries were all ears to their Coach. they looked enthused...
Panning to the home dressing room, it showed players sitting isolated, and then a very telling shot of Murphy flitting across, with not a word said.
Am sorry, he was a great player, but our coaching and skills have totally disintegrated since he has been involved
Better get used to it at the last supporters forum Mr Cohen basically said despite what happens this season Murphy is here to stay.
Well if this continues by the end of the season the only people watching will be those on the team benches and a few ground staff.
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
Traveller
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Traveller »

BigDan50 wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:31 pm Tigers infatuation with Murphy must be wearing thin by now, if it’s not we are in a very sad place, as I’ve posted before he has been skills coach, head coach with us and nothing has improved, he is just not up to the job, in fact I think he is an embarrassment to Tigers, other clubs must be laughing at us for keeping him employed.
Today’s game proved that we have no structure or game plan, as Murphy is in charge he must take responsibility for our decline and do the decent thing and resign. Not holding my breath that this will happen as the useless board we have haven’t the balls to take any action against him.
As an aside what a kicking masterclass from Wigglesworth today.
My heart sinks, every time I see Murph's Leicester Mercury piece each week. It is beyond parody. This weeks headline?

Tigers Turn The Corner.

So says, Leicester Tigers DOR. "It's like I've been saying all along. It's about turning those little things into corners. At Worcester last week the 24-16 result didn't reflect the corners we've turned. But who'd have thought in one week, Phil has worked his magic and ensured we conceded even more points and at home. Mike's contribution has been immense. We spoke all week about taking one cliche at a time, and bonus points. I told Mike we got perilously close to a bonus point last week. But he left no stone turned up, or corner, and controlled the things he can control, one match at a time, in a learning way and ensured we didn't get one this week.
It's those sort of corners that we are turning,, which has got us where we are today. Played 2, Lost 2, no bonus points. There is a big corner to go yet.

How many other coaching teams in the premiership are producing the lame sort of consistency week in week out. Last year so many Tigers fans came up to me and said "Murph's it just can't happen again". But I was always confident that the team I've put together, could turn those corners, into the sort of consistency we' saw on Saturday and throughout last season.

In spite of changes in players, or 'bodies', Phil and Mike and me, provide the stability that provides stability. It's flattering when fans ask me if I've considered applying for the England job, or the Welsh or Italian or Russian or Georgian, or Bhutanese or Vietnam jobs, or the Upper Hatherley 3rds or HMV. But I feel something special is happening here, like it was at Saracens a while ago, but in a very different sort of way where the corners been turned.

Mr Murphy is sponsored by cliche.com
Traveller
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Traveller »

BigDan50 wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:31 pm Tigers infatuation with Murphy must be wearing thin by now, if it’s not we are in a very sad place, as I’ve posted before he has been skills coach, head coach with us and nothing has improved, he is just not up to the job, in fact I think he is an embarrassment to Tigers, other clubs must be laughing at us for keeping him employed.
Today’s game proved that we have no structure or game plan, as Murphy is in charge he must take responsibility for our decline and do the decent thing and resign. Not holding my breath that this will happen as the useless board we have haven’t the balls to take any action against him.
As an aside what a kicking masterclass from Wigglesworth today.
My heart sinks, every time I see Murph's Leicester Mercury piece each week. It is beyond parody. This weeks headline?

Tigers Turn The Corner.

So says, Leicester Tigers DOR. "It's like I've been saying all along. It's about turning those little things into corners. At Worcester last week the 24-16 result didn't reflect the corners we've turned. But who'd have thought in one week, Phil has worked his magic and ensured we conceded even more points and at home. Mike's contribution has been immense. We spoke all week about taking one cliche at a time, and bonus points. I told Mike we got perilously close to a bonus point last week. But he left no stone turned up, or corner, and controlled the things he can control, one match at a time, in a learning way and ensured we didn't get one this week.
It's those sort of corners that we are turning,, which has got us where we are today. Played 2, Lost 2, no bonus points. There is a big corner to go yet.

How many other coaching teams in the premiership are producing the lame sort of consistency week in week out. Last year so many Tigers fans came up to me and said "Murph's it just can't happen again". But I was always confident that the team I've put together, could turn those corners, into the sort of consistency we' saw on Saturday and throughout last season.

In spite of changes in players, or 'bodies', Phil and Mike and me, provide the stability that provides stability. It's flattering when fans ask me if I've considered applying for the England job, or the Welsh or Italian or Russian or Georgian, or Bhutanese or Vietnam jobs, or the Upper Hatherley 3rds or HMV. But I feel something special is happening here, like it was at Saracens a while ago, but in a very different sort of way where the corners been turned.

Mr Murphy is sponsored by cliche.com
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

fortysix wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 10:53 pm Apparantly the only bit of good news for Tigers fans this weekend -or next-- will be finding out that we cant get relegated as Sarries will be docked 30+ points, to be announced as soon as the RWC concludes...
I would not count on that after today's performance.
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

MikeR wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 8:44 am Wigglesworth won't be a weakness - a fine kicking scrum half and fit as a fiddle - he won't let them down .
We had no answer to his kicks today.
CitizenSmiff
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by CitizenSmiff »

LE18 wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 8:19 pm
fortysix wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 10:53 pm Apparantly the only bit of good news for Tigers fans this weekend -or next-- will be finding out that we cant get relegated as Sarries will be docked 30+ points, to be announced as soon as the RWC concludes...
I would not count on that after today's performance.
They beat us by 37 points last season so even a deduction might not do it.
fortysix
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by fortysix »

So I have been told at least 8 times in the last half hour
So the 64000 $ question is---------- where can we get those vital 8 points from, during the season. ?
I am informed that the best bets are two 4 pointers against Worcester and Irish at home, but this is not guaranteed..
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

fortysix wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:37 pm On BT Sport today, the camera panned in at half time to the 2 dressing rooms
Panning to the home dressing room, it showed players sitting isolated, and then a very telling shot of Murphy flitting across, with not a word said.
Am sorry, he was a great player, but our coaching and skills have totally disintegrated since he has been involved
Isn't Murphy still banned?
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

LE18 wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:05 pm
Isn't Murphy still banned?
No
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
TigerBoy1880
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by TigerBoy1880 »

G.K wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 7:33 pm
sapajo wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:55 pm
Better get used to it at the last supporters forum Mr Cohen basically said despite what happens this season Murphy is here to stay.
Well if this continues by the end of the season the only people watching will be those on the team benches and a few ground staff.
Plus me. I’ll still be there
TigerBoy1880
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by TigerBoy1880 »

Let’s not rely on our internationals (hopefully World Cup winners) helping is out too much when they return.

They can play approximately 7 Premiership games.

https://twitter.com/btsportrugby/status ... 71457?s=21
Greenwhiteandred
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Greenwhiteandred »

Well I was there today with my 83 year old dad and as normal at the start of a season I was bigging up our new players and Murphs et al having a full pre-season. When we walked out afterwards I apologised to my old man that we had tickets for next week. That was dire - yes some marginal improvements to last season - handling , whilst average, was better than last year and defence was also marginally better than the rubbish we saw last year but the new players made no significant impact - Reid , Hanro and EW were not very good - agree that Worth and Wells look Championship standard. What was blatantly obvious was that lined up against a huge starting Sarries pack and were not able to break the gain line until the last 15-20 mins but continued to “run” straight at them when Plan A was wrong and with no apparent Plan B or C. That has to be down to the coaching. I wanted Murphs to succeed but the sooner we can bring in a proper coach the better and hopefully if it’s Borthwick as HC do we really need GM as a DOR. Would prefer a complete new broom please but knowing our board that’s not going to happen. Been to much jobs for the old boys at our great club which is why we are in the mess we are in now. Even if England win the WC and we get potentially 6 World Cup winners back - with the current coaching set up its going to be another poor season.