Leicester vs Saracens

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

JP14
Super User
Super User

Re: Leicester vs Saracens

Post by JP14 »

Thought the defence looked physical apart from a very lazy defensive error from Heyes let Earl through, my opinion was that Saracens got away with murder at the maul and didn’t role away on some of their turnovers, but I will be knowingly shut down on this view because posters know of my absolute distaste of the current maul laws.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
wellstiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wellstiger »

Keep Ford Snr- Stanco and ditch the rest. Hope the club is sold and board demolished
Shocking lack of inventiveness in attack- kicking deplorable.
Defence and scrum best part of our game.

I.m now sad and worried for the future of our once great club as all the rhetoric was about change?????? :smt013 :smt013
markharbtiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by markharbtiger »

It seems by not watching/listening to the game I have saved myself from yet another afternoon of disappointment and frustration. Not even a LPB from a home game :smt022
Yes it’s early in the season and we’re missing a load of players, but so was the opposition...
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

TTRITH wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 1:46 pm
fortysix wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 7:19 am According to the Press, the next two weeks are make or break for Leicester Tigers, the Board and the Coach. Lose them, and it seems the poo will really start to fly.
2 weeks time. After the RWC. Approximately when Borthwick is due to turn up? And theres a reshuffle anyway?

Thats Jazy Lournolism.
After the six nations by which time we will be fighting to stay in the premiership .....
again :smt010
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
Carver510

Post by Carver510 »

Just got back from Welford Road, my first Tigers game in a long time.

Well, what an odd day. Despite 18,000 odd fans in attendance, the atmosphere for the first 50 mins was just quiet. The 40-50 Sarries fans in the corner made far more noise then any of us. It wasn't until Thompson scored the intercept that the crowd sprung into life a bit. I can't blame anyone tbh - yes, the defence was pretty good but there was just no spark or zip from anywhere, we had nothing to cheer for. Is this how it is now?

When Harrison came on, we had a bit more life injected. Kalamafoni impressed when he came on. Guy Thompson is a great player too, he's passionate and it shows. But...meh. I really do worry. I don't think you can blame internationals being away. Saracens didn't have a first string side out, yet it still felt like we were watching Saracens.
BigDan50
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by BigDan50 »

Tigers infatuation with Murphy must be wearing thin by now, if it’s not we are in a very sad place, as I’ve posted before he has been skills coach, head coach with us and nothing has improved, he is just not up to the job, in fact I think he is an embarrassment to Tigers, other clubs must be laughing at us for keeping him employed.
Today’s game proved that we have no structure or game plan, as Murphy is in charge he must take responsibility for our decline and do the decent thing and resign. Not holding my breath that this will happen as the useless board we have haven’t the balls to take any action against him.
As an aside what a kicking masterclass from Wigglesworth today.
RichieB
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by RichieB »

Just got home from the match - it was truly woeful. Only the scrum was a positive. I could have been watching a third tier team. Dreadful kicking (Hardwick guilty of hideous kicks to touch on a few occasions), no attacking ideas from the backs, yet another try given away in midfield scored under the posts (third already this season). Worryingly, some of the crowd leaving well before final whistle. Could there be boos for Tigers before too long? I hope not - never heard it before, but I feel it is getting close.
fortysix
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by fortysix »

On BT Sport today, the camera panned in at half time to the 2 dressing rooms
Sarries were all ears to their Coach. they looked enthused...
Panning to the home dressing room, it showed players sitting isolated, and then a very telling shot of Murphy flitting across, with not a word said.
Am sorry, he was a great player, but our coaching and skills have totally disintegrated since he has been involved
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

fortysix wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:37 pm On BT Sport today, the camera panned in at half time to the 2 dressing rooms
Sarries were all ears to their Coach. they looked enthused...
Panning to the home dressing room, it showed players sitting isolated, and then a very telling shot of Murphy flitting across, with not a word said.
Am sorry, he was a great player, but our coaching and skills have totally disintegrated since he has been involved
Better get used to it at the last supporters forum Mr Cohen basically said despite what happens this season Murphy is here to stay.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Yes I thought the kicking out of hand to touch was below par.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Its staggering to reflect upon the fact that Pat Howard is spending a week per month over here mentoring Murphy as well as seeing all our match and training ground videos to provide feedback and coaching input.
tigerssteve

Post by tigerssteve »

JGT57 wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 5:23 pm Golden opportunity here for Borthwick to make a name for himself.
He's got a name. It's Borthwick!
POSTIGER
Super User
Super User

Post by POSTIGER »

GM's percentage win rate is less than 22%
I saw Marika Vunibaka play
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

Got back and there weren’t many supporters at the game, didn’t see any Sarries fans at all to be honest. Can’t blame the atmosphere as there was nothing to cheer or get behind.

Awful game of rugby, so lethargic and uninspired in attack. No line breaks, no attacking patterns and no imagination from the backs. Only try was from an interception. Defence was generally okay, bar the conceded tries. Kicking killed us, missed touches, too long with no chase.

Don’t like to bash White, think he’s a good player with loads of potential for us in the future. But today he wasn’t good, box kicks too long or charged down, slow to the rucks and misplaced passes. Playing with two opensides isn’t working for us, stifles us in attack as we’re down a ball carrier. Thompson isn’t an 8, great at the breakdown but dropped passes today. Viljoen however looked a very handy player with good physicality.

From the academy thought Hardwick looked good with a range of passing. Heyes also impressed ball in hand and scrum time. Spencer and Eastmond before they went off added something positive to the team. Feel Wells and Worth are championship standard players. Can’t wait for Martin, Jordan and Steward to make the step up. Reid is a good player but obviously not a 10. I did rate Thompstone but maybe we should be playing younger wingers with more pace out wide.

Next week I’d like to see:

Gigena Youngs Heyes
Lavanini Green
Liebenberg Thompson
Kalamafoni
White Hardwick
Reid Taute
Holmes Veainu Viljoen

Bateman TPN Leatigaga Spencer Coghlan Simmons Eastmond Olowofela

Don’t think you can blame one element of the club. Coaching obviously isn’t good enough and Murphy needs to go. But the players also need to take responsibility, they’re paid professionals at the end of the day.
Dr H Flashman MBE
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dr H Flashman MBE »

I am a fully subscribed one eyed Tigers fan. Nothing Tigers do is wrong and we are the greatest ever. My concern is a world class lock with a huge aggressive streak and an injury prone full back are not going to drag us back up. That comment about the changing room was spot on. It looked vacant and listless.
I am aware of our returning internationals will assist but sarries were missing a load of players too and looked like a team.
Our place in the league is correct. Bottom.
I love the Tigers DNA part of our history, some would say it’s legendary, however there is a time when a small gene pool becomes incest.
I love Tigers and will always back them but there needs to be some harsh words not platitudes.
There is never any points for 2nd place...