Leicester vs Saracens

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

CitizenSmiff
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Leicester vs Saracens

Post by CitizenSmiff »

Not a bad lineup is it 😬. Wonder how many of them will stick when their mortgages suddenly become 5x more expensive.
fortysix
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by fortysix »

Apparantly the only bit of good news for Tigers fans this weekend -or next-- will be finding out that we cant get relegated as Sarries will be docked 30+ points, to be announced as soon as the RWC concludes...
CitizenSmiff
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by CitizenSmiff »

I think most of us are after a World Cup final, a decent showing from our lads AND a massive points deduction for Accountancy RUFC.
BigDan50
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by BigDan50 »

The last three post on this subject are so vindictive, jealous and nasty against a team who haven't yet been proved guilty, we have some very sad posters on this board who have no idea of the rugby world outside of Leicester Tigers, I'm quite prepared for the nasty comments that will follow my post.
CitizenSmiff
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by CitizenSmiff »

I do of course apologise profusely if I have offended anybody, but surely there has to be some sort of threshold for the light ribbing of the opposition? Folk around here call Saint Stains and Wasps Pests without any particular furore.
drc_007
Super User
Super User

Post by drc_007 »

Saracens team looks quite useful, if Tigers kick like they did again Worcester they will get eviscerated.
MikeR
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by MikeR »

For all their absentees they do look a settled team - if we get anything out of this I shall be relieved .
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Our kicking has been an issue for as long as I can remember.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

JP14 wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 9:39 am Our kicking has been an issue for as long as I can remember.
Ah how I would love to see the Goody & Moody kick chase combo again.
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Ian Cant »

I thought there was no relegation this year with 1 team being added to the league.
Patience will be needed with a Tigers this season but I also believe Geordan must sort out when and when not to kick. Last week we could have won had we played anything like we did v Saints. The interception try v Saints was unlucky as had we not turned the ball over there was a huge overlap to most likely score and put the game beyond Saints. Geordan then made changes again at a defensive line out from which Saints scored due to us having players trying to get into position as the lineout took place.
This is the basic coaching errors that need sorting.
No doubt I’ll be shouting myself hoarse tomorrow hoping us fans can make a difference.
markharbtiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by markharbtiger »

JP14 wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 9:39 am Our kicking has been an issue for as long as I can remember.
The last two games might have finished v differently with accurate kicking. Just hope we score an avalanche of tries tomorrow so it doesn’t matter... :smt003
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

G.K wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 2:12 pm
Ah how I would love to see the Goody & Moody kick chase combo again.
With Moodys approach to chasing high balls he would have spent a lot of time in the bin
MikeR
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by MikeR »

Looking at Glaws today I reckon that we stand a better chance of getting something from the Sarries game than the Glaws game on Nov 2.
Glaws seem to have a strong , well organised squad with hardly anyone missing apart from Mostert . I guess the only new addition for us that week will be Lavinni - good as he is - will that be enough.
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

MikeR wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 5:14 pm Looking at Glaws today I reckon that we stand a better chance of getting something from the Sarries game than the Glaws game on Nov 2.
Glaws seem to have a strong , well organised squad with hardly anyone missing apart from Mostert . I guess the only new addition for us that week will be Lavinni - good as he is - will that be enough.
We should have Telusa back as well me thinks :smt023
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

Ben Spencer is flying out to Japan....