Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Traveller
Silver Member
Silver Member

Re: Leicester vs Saracens

Post by Traveller »

DingDong wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:36 am
RagingBull wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:44 pmI also don’t get these little snide comments about a young academy player who has captained England U18’s, England U20’s and played for England v the Barbarians.
A stand out player at youth and u20's, but has stalled in his transition to senior. Not doubting his potential but at the moment he is not showing the required progression. Look at 5'8" Harry Randall at Bristol whose clearly shown how to progress from u18/20's to senior, a far more reliable and effective SH than White is at the moment.
I've not seen enough of White to comment. But it is certainly the case that representation at national level in ones teens really doesn't mean very much in terms of transitioning to the effective premiership standard. In fact it was only a decade or so ago that if you got selected for England at U20 level you definitely wouldn't go on to make the grade. But I repeat, I just haven't seen enough of White to comment.
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

sapajo wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:05 pm
JP14 wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 4:04 pm Forsyth if Taute is still not fit.
The injury to Taute is worrying. Fact is he was out for a very long time with an ACL, and it's a knee injury that's keeping him out for us. Hope he makes a full recovery and soon.
So Tigers have recruited another crocked centre from overseas, Taute? Well at least they're sticking to form.
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
AndyM

Post by AndyM »

Have I missed it? Where is Veainu?
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

MikeR wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:19 am Picking White - utter madness . Simmons way better.
White is sooo slow, defences must love playing against him.

As for Spencers comments, with a few exceptions Tigers lost the fight and hunger some time ago in my view.

Bit of a makeshift Saffas team so Tigers still might have a chance.
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
bletchleyphil

Post by bletchleyphil »

I so hope I am wrong but having given due consideration to both teams selected we could get an absolute stuffing.
Latecomer

Post by Latecomer »

AndyM wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 3:40 pm Have I missed it? Where is Veainu?
Back, but not in the 23. Rested presumably.
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

Latecomer wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 5:31 pm
AndyM wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 3:40 pm Have I missed it? Where is Veainu?
Back, but not in the 23. Rested presumably.
Apparently only got back to Leicester on Weds.
johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Post by johnthegriff »

Marvellous how highly some rate Simmonds, I do not dispute that he is a fine talent but in two years I believe he has played once for Tigers and that was in an away heavy defeat at Sale in a depleted Tigers team. He has had few if any games in Prem Cup or A League in that time due to injury, I am not certain he is match fit at the moment although he is training. White is a good prospect but he is not yet the finished article. Give the lad time to develop to his potential, it may or may not be of the international standard we require at Leicester but lets not attack his confidence at this stage although he probably has enough sense not to take too much notice of some who clearly do not actually make it to Welford Road.
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

I have a feeling the Remy bottle will remain firmly corked for one or two reasons this weekend.
Almost impossible to predict results during these games where sides remain depleted.
I don't know half the team so can't really make comments on sellection. I will watch a bunch of guys I barely recognise playing in my team's colours and hope for the best.
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Ian Cant »

So Kalamafoni in the squad who has played so much rugby yet TV, who has just got back to fitness with Tonga isn’t.
It would be good, if like many other clubs, Tigers gave reasons for non selection. Murphy did say mid week that he would decide on Kalamafoni and TV when he’d assessed their fitness and state of mind!! Surely, if fit, TV would be great impact player off the bench!!
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

It does annoy me who traditionalism prevents the social media team from announcing who is unavailable for selection and why? And it would mean less guesswork from speculators on here, it’s a win-win for them!
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
TigerBoy1880
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by TigerBoy1880 »

I don’t think it really matters. The team that gets been picked has been picked either thorough choice or due to players being missing.

If we knew which players were and weren’t available, more people would moan if a player wasn’t picked who was available and we lost.

The players picked are representing our club. That’ll do for me!
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Gave my tickets to a friend,in work Sunday night and don't fancy being in a bad mood!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
teds
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by teds »

strawclearer wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 2:24 pm Looking forward to seeing 19 year old Manu Vunipola. Alex Goode out for 4 months with a pec injury apparently.
Well I suppose it’s good Saracens are including one or two players from their academy :smt003
Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Ian Cant »

This shows what Tigers are up against on Sunday: despite injuries and international call ups this is one hell of a good team.
Barritt, Goode, Mike Rhodes, Max Malins, Dom Morris, Kapeli Pifeleti and Juan Figallo are unavailable for Sunday’s match due to injury while Josh Ibuanokpe remains suspended.

Saracens team to take on Leicester Tigers at Welford Road on Sunday 27thOctober (KO 15H00):

15 Matt Gallagher (38)
14 Sean Maitland (63)
13 Alex Lozowski (94)
12 Nick Tompkins (106)
11 Alex Lewington (32)
10 Manu Vunipola (8)
9 Ben Spencer (160)
1 Richard Barrington (174)
2 Tom Woolstencroft (24)
3 Titi Lamositele (76)
4 Will Skelton (63)
5 Nick Isiekwe (68)