Ford dropped, England team for Oz

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

BFG
Super User
Super User

Re: Ford dropped, England team for Oz

Post by BFG »

LE18 wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:58 pm Wow that pace, handling and strength shown by the All Blacks was something today! They will be looking to repeat against us next week, can we cope? Like others have said, Daly is likely to struggle defensively against such class and pace. Hope we can do it, will Jones make any changes or do you stick with a winning team?
Thought both England and New Zealand looked so much fresher on the error counts having played one less group match than their quarter-final opponents.
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

Daly was so bad it was almost funny, burned twice & no attempt at a tackle, one on one you would back the opponent everytime.
Ford really controlled the game when he came on, but the contrast with the AB's is striking, they just keep playing for the full game, it's a good job for every other team that Julian Sevea doesn't have the work ethic of his brother.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

TTRITH wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 7:44 am
Mark62 wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 12:22 pm Just don’t get the negativity.
I understand people are disappointed that Ford is on the bench, but all this anti Farrell nonsense.
If anything it’s him that’s been playing out of position till now, and he is a big match player.

Are people suggesting that Saracens have achieved all they have despite having Farrell at 10.

As for losing the pack is what was expected maybe with the exception of Lawes for Kruis, and there’s a fag papers width between them, and there is more than enough fire power in that back line to beat anyone
I just dont see the logic in dropping your form 10, or by moving Manu to 12. Ford and Manu are in great form, why would you change it now? Why bring in Slade who has barely played any rugby recently?

We're going to play far more route 1 rugby, with Manu taking up the Barritt role. I just hope he doesn't pick up an injury.

Australia by 4.
Only just seen this that prediction went seriously wrong didn’t it 😂
TigerBoy1880
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by TigerBoy1880 »

BFG wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:44 pm
LE18 wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:58 pm Wow that pace, handling and strength shown by the All Blacks was something today! They will be looking to repeat against us next week, can we cope? Like others have said, Daly is likely to struggle defensively against such class and pace. Hope we can do it, will Jones make any changes or do you stick with a winning team?
Thought both England and New Zealand looked so much fresher on the error counts having played one less group match than their quarter-final opponents.
Perhaps they were just that good. Some people have to take a dig all the time. Get a grip!!
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

I agree with Ellis,why cant we just enjoy the win?!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

TigerBoy1880 wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 11:55 am
Perhaps they were just that good. Some people have to take a dig all the time. Get a grip!!
Why are you digging at a week old personal observation! :smt017
England beat the All Blacks today, I know it's hard but you are allowed to be happy!
TigerBoy1880
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by TigerBoy1880 »

BFG wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 12:08 pm
TigerBoy1880 wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 11:55 am
Why are you digging at a week old personal observation! :smt017
England beat the All Blacks today, I know it's hard but you are allowed to be happy!
I didn’t realise it was from last week. However, the point still stands.

Oh and I am very happy. In fact, I’m delirious.