Ford dropped, England team for Oz

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

G.K
Super User
Super User

Re: Ford dropped, England team for Oz

Post by G.K »

CitizenSmiff wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 2:15 pm I'm getting a bit tired of Jones' constant whacky squad rotations, what on earth is the point of playing all those minutes to bed down the 9/10/12 axis combination then binning it all off at crunch time? How many minutes of rugby has Slade even played recently? And if we are going to play musical chairs persisting with Daley at 15 vs Beale and co just seems like suicide. I hope to be proven wrong but i don't like it one bit.
I agree. I've always suspected EJ as a Trojan Horse here to confuse England with his bizare selections. Why chose now to play people out of the positions they've played in the warm up and early stages and why is Heinz there at all??

I expect with Farrell there will be much more kicking and that hasn't worked before. Also Daly is just not the right choice at 15 if Watson is fit as he's too weak under the high ball and as the last line of defence.

Could be heading home after this weekend.
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Just don’t get the negativity.
I understand people are disappointed that Ford is on the bench, but all this anti Farrell nonsense.
If anything it’s him that’s been playing out of position till now, and he is a big match player.

Are people suggesting that Saracens have achieved all they have despite having Farrell at 10.

As for losing the pack is what was expected maybe with the exception of Lawes for Kruis, and there’s a fag papers width between them, and there is more than enough fire power in that back line to beat anyone
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

I see the logic of the changes by Jones, but like others I don't feel confident. That said, I wouldn't feel confident if I was an Aussie either.

Two inconsistent teams capable of top performances and crippling frailty. Could go either way, but the optimist in me says that Australia have not played well at all so far and look incredibly vulnerable under pressure - I don't think it will need to be England's best performance so far this year, but it'll need to be better than their worst!
Greenwhiteandred
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Greenwhiteandred »

Negativity is for Daly - just not an international 15 defensively - not the first time I have posted this. Doesn’t tackle like a 15 and poor under the high ball. Negativity is also on dropping your best player to counter a perceived strength of the opposition .... a win for Cheika. Farrell good player but hasn’t shown last seasons standards so far this World Cup or in the warm ups. Slade hasn’t played a full game for a long time and really hasn’t smashed it internationally on a consistent basis. If we aren’t ahead with 20 to go - the bench is not what you would want. I hope we win but remain pessimistic based on what I consider basic selection issues
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

I have to work this morning, but i’m hoping I can put the game on 5 Live.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
TTRITH
Super User
Super User

Post by TTRITH »

Mark62 wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 12:22 pm Just don’t get the negativity.
I understand people are disappointed that Ford is on the bench, but all this anti Farrell nonsense.
If anything it’s him that’s been playing out of position till now, and he is a big match player.

Are people suggesting that Saracens have achieved all they have despite having Farrell at 10.

As for losing the pack is what was expected maybe with the exception of Lawes for Kruis, and there’s a fag papers width between them, and there is more than enough fire power in that back line to beat anyone
I just dont see the logic in dropping your form 10, or by moving Manu to 12. Ford and Manu are in great form, why would you change it now? Why bring in Slade who has barely played any rugby recently?

We're going to play far more route 1 rugby, with Manu taking up the Barritt role. I just hope he doesn't pick up an injury.

Australia by 4.
Richard Burnett
:axe: :smt100
voice of the crumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by voice of the crumbie »

The 2 England weak links exposed already. Sinckler in the scrum and Slade in midfield.
Tigers for the premiership and European Cup. Get behind the team and make some noise!!
voice of the crumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by voice of the crumbie »

Maybe I spoke too soon about Slade :smt053
Tigers for the premiership and European Cup. Get behind the team and make some noise!!
TomWeston
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TomWeston »

voice of the crumbie wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:31 am The 2 England weak links exposed already. Sinckler in the scrum and Slade in midfield.
Before the last scrum Jamie George was telling Stinker to push straight.

Did he listen.....?
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Sinckler has now spoken with that try :smt003
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
TomWeston
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TomWeston »

Tigerbeat wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:24 am Sinckler has now spoken with that try :smt003
What about his day job at prop though!

For the Wallaby try, Watson had to stay out to cover 2 attackers, Slade fails to cover inside and Daly proves once again that he can’t tackle.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Slades fault completely for the try!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
TomWeston
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TomWeston »

Agree mostly but Daly didn’t lay a finger on the Wallaby ball carrier.
chewbacca
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chewbacca »

Great rip by Sinkler. Now lets hope Fordy can move the Aussies around.
I'm not cynical just experienced
TomWeston
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TomWeston »

Dan Cole on, now for more dynamism in the loose!