Premiership Round 1 - Worcester vs Tigers

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

MCC1964
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Premiership Round 1 - Worcester vs Tigers

Post by MCC1964 »

Sarries lost at home to Saints. The much vaunted Sale lost at home to Glaws. It’s going to be that sort of season.
AngusMcCoatup
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by AngusMcCoatup »

sapajo wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 3:44 pm Sounds like deja vu from last season. Box kicking is Whites weakness in fact he makes Kitto look good
And to add to his woes we make him Captain when Tom goes off!!! Really strange that a more Senior experienced player is not chosen before White himself goes off and we then have Captain No.3 ?????
:smt017
To the world you may be just one person.
But to that one person you may be the world!
Scuttle
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scuttle »

AngusMcCoatup wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 6:14 pm
sapajo wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 3:44 pm Sounds like deja vu from last season. Box kicking is Whites weakness in fact he makes Kitto look good
And to add to his woes we make him Captain when Tom goes off!!! Really strange that a more Senior experienced player is not chosen before White himself goes off and we then have Captain No.3 ?????
Surely not. Me thinks you are teasing.........aren't you ?😦😦
As Good As It Gets
AngusMcCoatup
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by AngusMcCoatup »

Scuttle wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 6:23 pm
Please do not pull the plug Scuttle! :smt043
Match day live report 46 min Tom off Ben White made Captain, 61 min. Harrison replaces White, Captain is ???? It is all there in the Match reports. Ugh!
To the world you may be just one person.
But to that one person you may be the world!
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

AngusMcCoatup wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 6:34 pm
Match day live report 46 min Tom off Ben White made Captain, 61 min. Harrison replaces White, Captain is ???? It is all there in the Match reports. Ugh!
That is incorrect. I watched online and when OTY went off Calum Green became Captain. TMO informed Ref.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Yeh I thought it looked like Green was captain
Scuttle
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scuttle »

AngusMcCoatup wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 6:34 pm
Fear not. My job as a supporter is to support. It is a trite statement but I genuinely believe the best thing we can do as supporters is get behind the team, not add to the pressure by raising the emotional bar. Just listening to Radio 5 Live 606 and a Spurs supporter has just come on and said his team is finished; they ate 5th in the league which finishes when...next May/June? ??? Absolutely hilarious but a lesson in perspective. I don't follow football but I sometimes listen to this programme when cooking (along with a sherbet) because it is so funny.
As Good As It Gets
chewbacca
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chewbacca »

I'm a bit disappointed to have lost today. I was looking forward to a season where we smashed every other side by a cricket score to nil. Oh well I guess I'll just have to cope with the reality that its a really competitive league.
I'm not cynical just experienced
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

I’d say I’m disappointed more in the performance than the result. Given how we played against Exeter in the PRC, if we’d matched that again today, we would have won. Our right five was on top of theirs for most of the match, and our backrow disrupted their ball pretty well.

But lapses in defence which was generally good cost us. Maybe lacked a bit of grunt in the backrow so Kalamafoni comes back for me next week.

As for the attack, it seemed to look shot after 20 minutes and didn’t offer anything after that. We looked like a team scared of trying not to lose and therefore played with no confidence. No doubt if we had attacked the game, we would have won.

I guess we know it’s going to be difficult with the internationals being away. Just a shame we couldn’t nail Worcester away and get the season rolling.
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

Things I saw today: Viljoen was, for some reason thrown in, following his performances so far we should have had Forsyth start.
Solid-ish player Worth does not ignite the backline. White is being given too much game time, his box kick is rubbish, tackling sub-standard and passing slow. Our pack was good, both sides were turning ball over, we probably did so a bit more than Wuss.
Ref was OK-ish.
We're better than we were this time last season and we're in a better position regarding the quality of players both here now and due to return.
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

I can take losing if we play positively as per the PRC, but to revert to the dross of the past few seasons really doesn't cut the mustard.
If it was the plan you do wonder about our coaching brains trust, if it was those on the field (carpet) then those issues are still not resolved.
Makes next week really important
To win is not as important as playing with style!
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

White was made Captain once Youngs went off? Brilliant. So what if he went off 15 minutes later; great to see a young player being trusted to lead the side.
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

Hot_Charlie wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:04 pm White was made Captain once Youngs went off? Brilliant. So what if he went off 15 minutes later; great to see a young player being trusted to lead the side.
As I said further back in this thread: Calum Green was captain for the remainder of the match after Youngs went off :smt015
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

With respect Tigerbeat, Worcester is our bogey side but is a shockingly bad side that thrive on dragging teams to their level and they should be relegated this season.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

How crucial was Eastmond’s pulling out of the game?
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni