Premiership Round 1 - Worcester vs Tigers

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Re: Premiership Round 1 - Worcester vs Tigers

Post by kpj tiger »

Mark62 wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:22 pm Totally agree that we need to go in with a reliable goal kicker. Reid despite his numerous talents isn’t one, therefore I feel Hardwick needs to play.

With regard to our 2 Tongans, we don’t even know when they’re back in Leicester, they may still be in Japan and may have to travel with the rest of their squad back to Tonga first. I would be very surprised if they’re even being considered for this week
Levanini is in the UK already and I saw Nicholas Sanchez at the Stade Francais game this weekend so it wpuldn't surprise me if the Tongans are already back
RichieB
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by RichieB »

Reid's kicking wasn't just poor from the tee. He missed some critical kicks to touch which could be argued influenced the result. Having said that, the pass to Holmes for the try was sublime.
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

RichieB wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:40 pm Reid's kicking wasn't just poor from the tee. He missed some critical kicks to touch which could be argued influenced the result. Having said that, the pass to Holmes for the try was sublime.
Ball in hand he's been superb across the two home games. Let's face it, he's 10 cover but likely to be our first choice 12 so kicking went be his main strength. For those who were moaning about his signing, I think we've got a real gem
voice of the crumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by voice of the crumbie »

longlivethecrumbie wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:44 pm
RichieB wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:40 pm Reid's kicking wasn't just poor from the tee. He missed some critical kicks to touch which could be argued influenced the result. Having said that, the pass to Holmes for the try was sublime.
Ball in hand he's been superb across the two home games. Let's face it, he's 10 cover but likely to be our first choice 12 so kicking went be his main strength. For those who were moaning about his signing, I think we've got a real gem
I agree we have a real gem. We need to maintain a sense of perspective. All kickers have bad days, even the best. We can all remember past and present Tigers greats having off days from the tee and out of hand. Think back to when George Ford was in his first spell with Tigers and his sometimes erratic kicking performances. The same was true of players like Andy Goode, Toby Flood and Freddie Burns - all fans favourites. How about giving Reid a chance - after all a lot of the early misses were from out wide. I'm sure he will be practicing his kicking with even greater diligence let's give him time to settle.
Tigers for the premiership and European Cup. Get behind the team and make some noise!!
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Just to confirm that according to TV Instagram feed he was still in Japan with his family 5 hours ago
chewbacca
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chewbacca »

Could almost forgive him anything for that pass.
I'm not cynical just experienced
johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Post by johnthegriff »

Reid certainly missed a few kicks at goal but they were not easy kicks apart from the miss kick, and some after he had been hit very hard and needed attention. All kickers have an off day, remember Farrell in the last England game, I feel it is as yet too early to dismiss Reid's kicking ability, having said that Hardwick on what we have seen is a reliable kicker who can play 12 but that would be a tough call on Eastmond who I think has played pretty well in the Premier Cup pre-season matches.
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

Seeing who "Sir" is can I suggest GM wears a Zippy from Rainbow mask...
To win is not as important as playing with style!
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 12:50 pm Seeing who "Sir" is can I suggest GM wears a Zippy from Rainbow mask...
It’s not CMK is it
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

Mark62 wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:22 pm
Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 12:50 pm Seeing who "Sir" is can I suggest GM wears a Zippy from Rainbow mask...
It’s not CMK is it
Yep!.....played one lost one.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:12 pm
Mark62 wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:22 pm
It’s not CMK is it
Yep!.....played one lost one.
To be fair to him the game I saw him do at the weekend, Exeter v Bristol I think, he was good. My worry is that he often follows a good one with a bad one.
We can only hope he’ll be fair and his assistants help him adequately
chewbacca
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chewbacca »

johnthegriff wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:54 am Reid certainly missed a few kicks at goal but they were not easy kicks apart from the miss kick, and some after he had been hit very hard and needed attention. All kickers have an off day, remember Farrell in the last England game, I feel it is as yet too early to dismiss Reid's kicking ability, having said that Hardwick on what we have seen is a reliable kicker who can play 12 but that would be a tough call on Eastmond who I think has played pretty well in the Premier Cup pre-season matches.
I think Worth has much greater range when kicking for touch and perhaps we could have made the decision to go that way a little earlier. I agree Eastmond has played pretty well. Other options have been unavailable to us so far so it will be interesting to see who gets the shirt at 10,12 and 13 on Saturday.
I'm not cynical just experienced
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Tigers targeting trophies according to the BBC, bit of a sensationalist headline, Murphy said we want to be “at the right end of the league” which they have interpreted to be Top 4, I however believe he meant more Top 6.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Bunchy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Bunchy »

Bumped into both TV and SK at Narita airport Tuesday night - neither playing this weekend unless emergency cover needed - I can tell you the effects of jetlag take a bit of getting over - both expect to return to work Monday and be in contention for Sarries
Less is more....
loretta
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by loretta »

Leicester Tigers (v Worcester Warriors, Sixways, Saturday 3.00pm)

15 George Worth

14 Adam Thompstone

13 EW Viljoen

12 Kyle Eastmond

11 Jonah Holmes

10 Noel Reid

9 Ben White

1 Greg Bateman

2 Tom Youngs (c)

3 Joe Heyes

4 Will Spencer

5 Calum Green

6 Hanro Liebenberg

7 Tommy Reffell

8 Guy Thompson

Replacements

16 Jake Kerr

17 Facundo Gigena

18 Nephi Leatigaga

19 Harry Wells

20 Jordan Coghlan

21 Sam Harrison

22 Tom Hardwick

23 Jordan Olowofela

Hope they've been putting in some tackling practice...
In my defence, I was left unsupervised….