Premiership Round 1 - Worcester vs Tigers

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Re: Premiership Round 1 - Worcester vs Tigers

Post by RagingBull »

Considering Reid and Hardwick have yet to play with each other I struggle to see the logic in having them together for the first game off the bat.
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

Lavanini won't be available because of his red card ban until...Nov 1st, is it?

I'd also heard that Hardwick turned his ankle in the warm down last week - don't know if this has been confirmed as an issue?
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
MikeR
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by MikeR »

Going into a game without a decent place kicker is madness.Unlike Eastmond he might try to tackle .
Grimlish
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Grimlish »

Mike, if you're basing that on Saturday's game Vs Saints I suggest you take a close look at the highlights. Eastmond not to blame for any tries this last weekend.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Tigerbeat wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 2:51 pm
JP14 wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 2:17 pm I would rest Kalamafoni and Veainu till next week, we made the mistake of shoehorning internationals last season, remember Bristol?
Dont think that was the issue.........the red card was the main reason that Tigers were on the wrong end of the result. Bristol ran them ragged and worked it to theior advantage for about an hour against 14 men.
While the red card was certainly a contributing factor, I believe my point still stands, the two Tongans deserve a rest anyway.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

JP14 wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:48 pm
Tigerbeat wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 2:51 pm
JP14 wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 2:17 pm I would rest Kalamafoni and Veainu till next week, we made the mistake of shoehorning internationals last season, remember Bristol?
Dont think that was the issue.........the red card was the main reason that Tigers were on the wrong end of the result. Bristol ran them ragged and worked it to theior advantage for about an hour against 14 men.
While the red card was certainly a contributing factor, I believe my point still stands, the two Tongans deserve a rest anyway.
I dont disagree with them needing a break.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Totally agree that we need to go in with a reliable goal kicker. Reid despite his numerous talents isn’t one, therefore I feel Hardwick needs to play.

With regard to our 2 Tongans, we don’t even know when they’re back in Leicester, they may still be in Japan and may have to travel with the rest of their squad back to Tonga first. I would be very surprised if they’re even being considered for this week
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

Sam Harrison can kick.
Scuttle
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scuttle »

Grimlish wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:46 pm Mike, if you're basing that on Saturday's game Vs Saints I suggest you take a close look at the highlights. Eastmond not to blame for any tries this last weekend.
This is true. I was concerned about a "midfield gap" letting Saints through but did not name any names because I did not notice live. Having seen the highlights it was not Eastmond who I feel defended well.
As Good As It Gets
anz3001
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by anz3001 »

Eastmond put in a decent shift.

Am I missing something re the Tongans? whilst I’ve no issue with them having a break, had they have progressed to the knock out stages they’d have, potentially , another 3 very important games to play.
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

anz3001 wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:51 pm Eastmond put in a decent shift.

Am I missing something re the Tongans? whilst I’ve no issue with them having a break, had they have progressed to the knock out stages they’d have, potentially , another 3 very important games to play.
Fair point, still doubt they’ll be here
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

anz3001 wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:51 pm Eastmond put in a decent shift.

But those games would not have involved whatever admin was required as the squad “broke up”, intercontinental travel, coming home for the first time in a couple of months, adjusting to the time zone, opening the post, doing the shopping, turning up to training etc.

Try all that with less than a week between the matches.
Last edited by Hot_Charlie on Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

BFG wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:05 pm Sam Harrison can kick.
That was about 3 years ago and I don't think he would be better than Reid. unfortunately 3 of his kicks were from wide out, scorers should endeavour to go closer to posts if possible without being caught. His kick from in front was not good, it was quite a way out but should have been converted. The more practise he gets, hopefully he will improve, like Ford and Burns did after their less than satisfactory periods.

Give him a chance, he looks capable, and everyone please get off Eastmond's back, he has skills.
Spicer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Spicer »

If Heyes and Reffell are injured. Make Reid practice kicking all week

Bateman Youngs Leatigaga
Spencer Green
Liebenberg Coghlan Thompson
Harrison Reid
Eastmond Viljoen
Olowofela Worth Holmes

Kerr, Gigena, Cortes, Wells, Coghlan, White, Hardwick, Forsyth
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

LE18 wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:17 pm
BFG wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:05 pm Sam Harrison can kick.
That was about 3 years ago and I don't think he would be better than Reid. unfortunately 3 of his kicks were from wide out, scorers should endeavour to go closer to posts if possible without being caught. His kick from in front was not good, it was quite a way out but should have been converted. The more practise he gets, hopefully he will improve, like Ford and Burns did after their less than satisfactory periods.

Give him a chance, he looks capable, and everyone please get off Eastmond's back, he has skills.
Just pointing out that Sam Harrison can kick.
I wasn't on anyones back. :smt102