New Rip Off Plastic Beer Mugs

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

MikeR
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Re: New Rip Off Plastic Beer Mugs

Post by MikeR »

As someone who never has bought a drink inside the Ground I struggle to take this all seriously . I love good real ale in a Pub and the quality /price available inside is dreadful . I'm afraid I prefer to watch the Rugby when the Game is on and cannot quite get to grips with the concept of pouring many pints of rubbish down throats . A sad old so and so I know , but there we are !
CitizenSmiff
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by CitizenSmiff »

Beer's a very important lubricant for the enjoyment of sport I've always found (especially recently!), and I don't blame the club for attempting to streamline the process to try and save money. I do blame them for continually being bad at it.
biffer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by biffer »

CitizenSmiff wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:57 am Beer's a very important lubricant for the enjoyment of sport I've always found (especially recently!), and I don't blame the club for attempting to streamline the process to try and save money. I do blame them for continually being bad at it.
Try being Scottish. It's a four drink minimum before kickoff to be able to stand the stress.
AngusMcCoatup
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by AngusMcCoatup »

LE18 wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:38 pm
AngusMcCoatup wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 6:32 pm
johnthegriff wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 5:59 pm Tiglon may be right legally, personally I prefer the CAMRA recommendation which is for a ful pint with room for a head. The glasses (cups) we had last season had a mark indicating the level for a pint with space for a bit of head above. According to a gentleman at the AGM he had checked our new stackacups and was unable to fit a measured pint of water into them, if that is so they are actually illegal although the providers say they contain a pint when filled to the brim. One thing for sure the new cups are not good and should be got rid of.
I totally agree with John, I seem to recall a legal battle in the Courts over the head on Guinness and the size of cups. I have met several friends who regret the loss of the two pinters and these cheap plastic 1 pint watering cans that are never full and when they are you spill!
So last year I purchased a Leicester Tigers 1880 Green-Goblet.com pint pot ref CE [M15] 0103 1PINT and this Tigers approved mug with the 1pint mark 15mm below the rim will now accompany me to the ABC bar for future matches, refilling without the need for refunds and I will dishwash it at home.
My travelling colleagues will do the same as it is approved merchandise and you of course can see the filling line in the clear plastic edge.. Simple, ----- :smt030 :
Will they refill your soiled pot after you have drunk from it, I thought there was something in the hygiene rules that prevented this?
Well today they were filling last seasons personal pint plastic pots by dispensing into the new glasses and filling to the pint mark and charging for the beer of course; one person I saw had a two pint pot and that was filled on the hand pump the same way. So bring your last seasons plastic pots with the line on after all it is Tigers approved merchandise. :smt030
To the world you may be just one person.
But to that one person you may be the world!
JGT57

Post by JGT57 »

It seems to me that the situation reflects the current situation at the club - a good idea, but poorly executed.

Advertised as the Oktoberfest, when German Jukebox came on to the pitch at half time they were drowned out by the ground.s loudspeakers.

The Big Boot challenge, albeit for £100 for a club, became a joke on a 2-2 scoreline. Give them both the money.

The cliched excuses for recurring defeats are even more tedious than David Flatman’s hackneyed banalities on ITV’s World Cup coverage.

Yesterday, despite returning to the bar three times with stacker mugs bought in the first round I still got charged for fresh glasses on each occasion. To be fair, I was refunded immediately but that isn’t really the point.

I am absolute certain that the club’s ambitions are high but it’s a bit like renovating your house with Bob the Builder’s tools.

We are deluding ourselves if we think our World Cup contingent are going to effect our salvation. There game time is going to be strictly limited and for those out of contract at the end of the season why on earth would they want to stay?

Definite proof that Steve Borthwick is coming would would at least help....
dpoc74
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by dpoc74 »

The ABC bar was fine yesterday. Got a full pint of Guinness each time, bit of a small head, but tasted alright, queue times were good, forgot my wallet but paid no problem with Apple Pay on my phone. Didn’t get charged the extra pound for deposit each time. I did see people getting their own 2 pint pot filled. Think I might do that next time. But the boys hot chocolate was warm not hot, otherwise was all good. Shame about the rugby. Even watching the Eng NZ highlights that evening couldn’t entirely raise my spirits!