New Rip Off Plastic Beer Mugs

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Re: New Rip Off Plastic Beer Mugs

Post by johnthegriff »

Tiglon may be right legally, personally I prefer the CAMRA recommendation which is for a ful pint with room for a head. The glasses (cups) we had last season had a mark indicating the level for a pint with space for a bit of head above. According to a gentleman at the AGM he had checked our new stackacups and was unable to fit a measured pint of water into them, if that is so they are actually illegal although the providers say they contain a pint when filled to the brim. One thing for sure the new cups are not good and should be got rid of.
AngusMcCoatup
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by AngusMcCoatup »

johnthegriff wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 5:59 pm Tiglon may be right legally, personally I prefer the CAMRA recommendation which is for a ful pint with room for a head. The glasses (cups) we had last season had a mark indicating the level for a pint with space for a bit of head above. According to a gentleman at the AGM he had checked our new stackacups and was unable to fit a measured pint of water into them, if that is so they are actually illegal although the providers say they contain a pint when filled to the brim. One thing for sure the new cups are not good and should be got rid of.
I totally agree with John, I seem to recall a legal battle in the Courts over the head on Guinness and the size of cups. I have met several friends who regret the loss of the two pinters and these cheap plastic 1 pint watering cans that are never full and when they are you spill!
So last year I purchased a Leicester Tigers 1880 Green-Goblet.com pint pot ref CE [M15] 0103 1PINT and this Tigers approved mug with the 1pint mark 15mm below the rim will now accompany me to the ABC bar for future matches, refilling without the need for refunds and I will dishwash it at home.
My travelling colleagues will do the same as it is approved merchandise and you of course can see the filling line in the clear plastic edge.. Simple, ----- :smt030 :
To the world you may be just one person.
But to that one person you may be the world!
dpoc74
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by dpoc74 »

I wonder if I can bring along one of my two pint pots from previous seasons and get that filled?
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

AngusMcCoatup wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 6:32 pm
johnthegriff wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 5:59 pm Tiglon may be right legally, personally I prefer the CAMRA recommendation which is for a ful pint with room for a head. The glasses (cups) we had last season had a mark indicating the level for a pint with space for a bit of head above. According to a gentleman at the AGM he had checked our new stackacups and was unable to fit a measured pint of water into them, if that is so they are actually illegal although the providers say they contain a pint when filled to the brim. One thing for sure the new cups are not good and should be got rid of.
I totally agree with John, I seem to recall a legal battle in the Courts over the head on Guinness and the size of cups. I have met several friends who regret the loss of the two pinters and these cheap plastic 1 pint watering cans that are never full and when they are you spill!
So last year I purchased a Leicester Tigers 1880 Green-Goblet.com pint pot ref CE [M15] 0103 1PINT and this Tigers approved mug with the 1pint mark 15mm below the rim will now accompany me to the ABC bar for future matches, refilling without the need for refunds and I will dishwash it at home.
My travelling colleagues will do the same as it is approved merchandise and you of course can see the filling line in the clear plastic edge.. Simple, ----- :smt030 :
Will they refill your soiled pot after you have drunk from it, I thought there was something in the hygiene rules that prevented this?
AngusMcCoatup
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by AngusMcCoatup »

LE18 wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:38 pm
Will they refill your soiled pot after you have drunk from it, I thought there was something in the hygiene rules that prevented this?
Well they readily refilled my 1 pint handled mug at the last game and many others refuse a new mug so they get the same one back.
To the world you may be just one person.
But to that one person you may be the world!
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

AngusMcCoatup wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:50 am
LE18 wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:38 pm
Well they readily refilled my 1 pint handled mug at the last game and many others refuse a new mug so they get the same one back.
The kids filling them possibly don't know about the hygiene side, I always thought they were not allowed to put the pump nozzle into the liquid in the glass to avoid cross contamination, possibly explains why there is not head on the beer.
gamebird

Post by gamebird »

Well i have been to both home games this season . I have not had a drink bought from any bar at Tigers nor do intend to buy any on Sunday II drink with a couple of mates so in seasons gone by we have averaged 4 pints each per home game. We now go to The Bricklayers just up the road where we have a choice of ales and dont pay a deposit on a real glass I dont understand why i have to pay a deposit of £1 for a plastic mug costing a few pence then queue up to get my deposit back if you must put 5 pence on the pint and forget the deposit in the mug We will not be buying from Tigers untill it changes
daktari
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by daktari »

gamebird wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:37 pm Well i have been to both home games this season . I have not had a drink bought from any bar at Tigers nor do intend to buy any on Sunday II drink with a couple of mates so in seasons gone by we have averaged 4 pints each per home game. We now go to The Bricklayers just up the road where we have a choice of ales and dont pay a deposit on a real glass I dont understand why i have to pay a deposit of £1 for a plastic mug costing a few pence then queue up to get my deposit back if you must put 5 pence on the pint and forget the deposit in the mug We will not be buying from Tigers untill it changes
It's so you return the plastic mug and don't throw it on the floor for it then to end up in a land fill site.
find a better way of life, http://www.marillion.com

marillion 19, coming ....er not sure..
gamebird

Post by gamebird »

Why would i want to throw it on the floor? I dont throw the glass at The Bricklayers on the floor i take it back to the bar . If thats the best excuse you have for the deposit i rest my case
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

You may not throw them on the floor but they become rubbish and have to be disposed of rather than recycled..
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
northerntiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by northerntiger »

Also, you may not but many do. Look around you after a game
gamebird

Post by gamebird »

Fine then I will not be paying £1 then joining the queue to get my deposit back.It will be interesting to see how many others feel the same. The bars didnt look very busy at either game but that might change now the season has started
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

gamebird wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 6:41 pm Fine then I will not be paying £1 then joining the queue to get my deposit back.It will be interesting to see how many others feel the same. The bars didnt look very busy at either game but that might change now the season has started
At our game v Saints, I commented how few people on the terrace had a beer in their hand, I reckon sales must be well down.
daktari
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by daktari »

gamebird wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 6:41 pm Fine then I will not be paying £1 then joining the queue to get my deposit back.It will be interesting to see how many others feel the same. The bars didnt look very busy at either game but that might change now the season has started
It's been in operation for a few years now, it's not new?
find a better way of life, http://www.marillion.com

marillion 19, coming ....er not sure..
gamebird

Post by gamebird »

Yes but i could go to a kiosk and return my cup and get my deposit back now you have to queue for a refund to be put back on my card not as easy as it was is it