George Ford

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Mark62
Super User
Super User

George Ford

Post by Mark62 »

Worth starting a new thread imo to discuss this little maestro.
For me he has been one of the 3 stand out players so far in the World Cup, along with Kolbe and the Japanese winger who’s name escapes.
Two tries and 4 try assists, more than any other player, and his kicking from hand has been sublime.

I think it’s a good job we appear to have recruited well this year, as even with his Dad on the coaching staff, we will have to splash the cash to keep the vultures from circling come contract time
JP14
Super User
Super User

Re: George Ford

Post by JP14 »

I think our main competitor once again will be Sale we attempt to re-sign him.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

JP14 wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 3:23 pm I think our main competitor once again will be Sale we attempt to re-sign him.
I obviously hope we keep him, and do the necessary to do so.
He appears settled here, and though he is a northern lad, I believe his fiancée heralds from Bath, so you don’t know
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

Mark62 wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 3:43 pm
JP14 wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 3:23 pm I think our main competitor once again will be Sale we attempt to re-sign him.
He appears settled here, and though he is a northern lad, I believe his fiancée heralds from Bath, so you don’t know
Isn't he on about 450k at Tigers?
Take a look at this article from Walesonline and you'd think that he'd probably command a higher salary come contract time!

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rug ... d-16519682
Semper in excretia
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Doubt He would sign for Sale considering he turned down like twice as much money from them before he signed back to us.
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

Sale have Robert du Preez and McGinty. If McGinty decides to head to the US Pro League then they might come in for Ford.

Wasps will probably see Gopperth retire and another season of poor form from Sopoaga who is rumoured to be unhappy could see them cut that deal short and go for Ford.

With his England ambitions thankfully he shouldn't be tempted elsewhere and we can strike a deal. He was awesome last season and that form in a cohesive set up could be great for us.
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Robespierre wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 4:13 pm
Mark62 wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 3:43 pm
Isn't he on about 450k at Tigers?
Take a look at this article from Walesonline and you'd think that he'd probably command a higher salary come contract time!

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rug ... d-16519682
Minimum of £450k I would have thought, he’s probably doubling that with his England pay plus Adidas etc endorsements.
I would imagine any suitors would come in at a minimum of £650k
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

I’m confident Ford will want to re-sign.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

JP14 wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:00 pm I’m confident Ford will want to re-sign.
The all-important hyphen!
Semper in excretia
CitizenSmiff
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by CitizenSmiff »

Winning the golden boot while playing for the team that came 11th and also getting in a full season of internationals, the man is a machine! Hopefully one of our new centre options will give him a bit of game management backup.
voice of the crumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by voice of the crumbie »

CitizenSmiff wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:03 pm Winning the golden boot while playing for the team that came 11th and also getting in a full season of internationals, the man is a machine! Hopefully one of our new centre options will give him a bit of game management backup.
Having seen Reid at the home game v Exeter I was impressed. Hardwick has also performed well in the last 2 matches as a sub against Exeter and starter v Bath. I believe we have much greater strength in depth at 10 than we have had for the last 2 or 3 seasons. Both of these players are also adept at 12 as are George Worth and Eastmond. In the centres generally we are better stocked than we have been recently also. I believe Taute can play both 12 and 13 and we have Manu, Viljoen and Forsyth also. The latter 2 also providing wing cover. Olowofela and Thompstone have also covered 13 when necessary. Add in Joe Thomas (centre) and Johnny Mc Phillips (fly half) and we have many options and much deeper cover than we have had for a long time.
Tigers for the premiership and European Cup. Get behind the team and make some noise!!
voice of the crumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by voice of the crumbie »

voice of the crumbie wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:42 am
CitizenSmiff wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:03 pm Winning the golden boot while playing for the team that came 11th and also getting in a full season of internationals, the man is a machine! Hopefully one of our new centre options will give him a bit of game management backup.
Having seen Reid at the home game v Exeter I was impressed. Hardwick has also performed well in the last 2 matches as a sub against Exeter and starter v Bath. I believe we have much greater strength in depth at 10 than we have had for the last 2 or 3 seasons. Both of these players are also adept at 12 as are George Worth and Eastmond. In the centres generally we are better stocked than we have been recently also. I believe Taute can play both 12 and 13 and we have Manu, Viljoen and Forsyth also. The latter 2 also providing wing cover. Olowofela and Thompstone have also covered 13 when necessary. Add in Joe Thomas (centre) and Johnny Mc Phillips (fly half) and we have many options and much deeper cover than we have had for a long time.
I forgot to mention Aspland-Robinson who has also covered 13.
Tigers for the premiership and European Cup. Get behind the team and make some noise!!