PRC Round 4 - Tigers vs Saints

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

JP14
Super User
Super User

PRC Round 4 - Tigers vs Saints

Post by JP14 »

In the first iteration of the East Midlands Derby this season, we have a chance to qualify to the semifinals as the best runner up I believe as long as we win.

1 Bateman
2 Youngs
3 Leatigaga
4 Green
5 Wells
6 Liebenberg
7 Reffell
8 Coghlan
9 Harrison
10 Hardwick
11 Olowofela
12 Eastmond
13 Taute
14 Thompstone
15 Holmes
16 Kerr
17 Gigena
18 Heyes
19 Spencer
20 Thompson
21 Simmons
22 Reid
23 Worth
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
voice of the crumbie
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: PRC Round 4 - Tigers vs Saints

Post by voice of the crumbie »

Looking at the pool standings for this competition this morning, if we win against Saints and Exeter lose to Bristol we will top our pool and qualify for the semi finals of this competition. This is much more than I expected following the opening result against Worcester.

So well done Tigers! Let's keep it going against the Saints and hope Bristol cause an upset.
Tigers for the premiership and European Cup. Get behind the team and make some noise!!
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

We stand a reasonable chance of qualifying for the semifinals even as best runner up so as strong as possible.
Unsure how Leatigaga played yesterday so is he ahead of Hayes, Spencer and Wells is a close call too if Spencer is fit.
Personally I’d go for White over Harrison and Taute if fit needs game time
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

I think Exeter will win but not with a bonus point, if we win we will qualify as best runner up, momentum is a wonderful thing.
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

JP14 wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 12:10 pm I think Exeter will win but not with a bonus point, if we win we will qualify as best runner up, momentum is a wonderful thing.
Agreed particularly re momentum
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

We should be playing as close as possible to the team that plays against Wuss,only allowing for niggles etc.
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

Agreed, we need to go full noise for this match and get a settled team ready for Worcester.

Bateman Youngs Heyes
Spencer Green
Liebenberg Coghlan Thompson
Harrison Reid
Eastmond Taute
Olowofela Worth Holmes

Gigena TPN Leatigaga Wells Reffell White Hardwick Viljoen
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Leicestertinytiger wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 2:39 pm Agreed, we need to go full noise for this match and get a settled team ready for Worcester.

Bateman Youngs Heyes
Spencer Green
Liebenberg Coghlan Thompson
Harrison Reid
Eastmond Taute
Olowofela Worth Holmes

Gigena TPN Leatigaga Wells Reffell White Hardwick Viljoen
Expect TPN will be banned
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

As it was not a technical offence that led to Polota-Nau’s red card, he will at the least have a one-match ban, pending citing.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

I still think we must be careful, mustn’t get too far head of ourselves, I don’t want a repeat of the start to 17/18.
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

JP14 wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 2:56 pm As it was not a technical offence that led to Polota-Nau’s red card, he will at the least have a one-match ban, pending citing.
This is not classed as a citing. Red cards automatically refer the player to a disciplinary hearing. The best outcome is to concede that the red card was sufficient in the context of the game or for a period of time.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Tigerbeat wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 3:00 pm
JP14 wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 2:56 pm As it was not a technical offence that led to Polota-Nau’s red card, he will at the least have a one-match ban, pending citing.
This is not classed as a citing. Red cards automatically refer the player to a disciplinary hearing. The best outcome is to concede that the red card was sufficient in the context of the game or for a period of time.
Yeah what Tigerbeat said 😂. I doubt Taf will be let off considering it was a 14 v 14 for most of the half as Davies had left the field and Bath had used all their replacements so perhaps the disciplinary will feel that a ban maybe suitable.
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

It was a high tackle wasn’t it. 3 weeks minimum
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

Mark62 wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 3:47 pm It was a high tackle wasn’t it. 3 weeks minimum
Will depend on mitigation and whether he looks suitably remorseful and brings along an acceptable biscuit selection.

I'd expect Leitagaga, Spencer, Taute and Vijeon all to get more game time this weekend as they've had limited amounts so far and we'll want them in and around the 23 during the season. Another outing for the Harrison/Reid 9/10 partnership as well.
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Mark62 wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 3:47 pm It was a high tackle wasn’t it. 3 weeks minimum
Have not seen it but some are saying it was a soft red....what does that mean? Was it worthy of a red card is the first thing that will be decided....if not, he will be cleared to play. If the red card decision was correct, the incident will be reviewed and sanctions applied.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk