PRC Round 4 - Tigers vs Saints

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

sapajo
Super User
Super User

Re: PRC Round 4 - Tigers vs Saints

Post by sapajo »

Murphy told BBC RL that Viljoen and Taute are both injured. Viljoen will not be risked against Saints and Taute has a knee injury and will be out "for a few weeks".
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

sapajo wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:22 pm Murphy told BBC RL that Viljoen and Taute are both injured. Viljoen will not be risked against Saints and Taute has a knee injury and will be out "for a few weeks".
First small disappointment of the new season, that 2 of our summer signings are injured, I wonder if they arrived with them or picked up during pre season.
How did the new Welsh guy get on against Bath
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Apparently quite well according to the LTTV interviews, can’t remember which one.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Bath team news
Bath Rugby: 15. George Worboys 14. Will Butt 13. Jackson Willison 12. Jamie Roberts 11. Gabriel Hamer-Webb 10. Alex Davies 9. Ollie Fox 1. Lucas Noguera 2. Ross Batty (c) 3. Will Stuart 4. Levi Douglas 5. Rhys Davies 6. Jack Davies 7. Tom Ellis 8. Nahum Merigan .
Replacements: 16. Jack Walker 17. Will Vaughan 18. Sam Nixon 19. Simone Elrick 20. Elliott Stooke 21. Josh McNally 22. Freddie Burns 23. Max Ojomoh

Gloucester
Tom Hudson; 14. Jake Morris, 13. Tom Seabrook, 12. Mark Atkinson, 11. Louis Rees-Zammit; 10. Lloyd Evans, 9. Charlie Chapman; 1. Alex Seville, 2. Henry Walker, 3. Ciaran Knight; 4. Harry Butler, 5. Simon Linsell (capt); 6. Jaco Kriel, 7. Josh Gray, 8. Freddie Clarke
Replacements: Corné Fourie, 17. Val Rapava Ruskin, 18. Jamal Ford-Robinson, 19. Gerbrandt Grobler, 20. Aaron Hinkley, 21. Jack Clement, 22. Stephen Varney, 23. Charlie Sharples

Interesting direction for both teams.

Will we be saving players for next week v Worcester away or keep doing what we have the last 2 games, play more senior with a sprinkling of younger players inbetween.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

We could do but Saints are in a need of a win therefore I’m predicting will name a strong outfit tomorrow.
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

JP14 wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:22 pm We could do but Saints are in a need of a win therefore I’m predicting will name a strong outfit tomorrow.
We've been building up through the PRC games. I'd expect us to go strong as well. As we're at Welford Road we should be going all guns blazing. Every game at Welford Road should be taken seriously until it's considered a fortress again.
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

BUY TICKETS
LEICESTER TIGERS
VS
NORTHAMPTON SAINTS
12 October 2019 15:00 at Welford Road

Geordan Murphy shuffles his Leicester Tigers pack for Saturday’s home game against Northampton Saints in the derby round of the Premiership Rugby Cup (3.00pm).

Club captain Tom Youngs and prop Facundo Gigena return to the front row, with Will Spencer at lock after missing the win at Bath last week. Hanro Liebenberg is included in the back row for the final outing before the start of the Gallagher Premiership season.

With Tigers one point behind Pool 3 leaders Exeter Chiefs going into Saturday’s fixture, head coach Geordan Murphy brings Noel Reid, Kyle Eastmond and Andy Forsyth into the backline and Adam Thompstone starts his first home game of 2019 after coming through his return from injury in the win at Bath.

Samoa international prop Nephi Leatigaga and Fijian on-loan back-rower Ifereimi Boladau could make their Welford Road debuts from the replacements bench.

“Playing Saints in a derby at Welford Road is a special way to end the pool,” said Murphy.

“We’ve had two good wins in the competition and still have a chance of a semi-final place, but our focus is on the performance first.

“We’re still getting game-time into some of the squad and also focusing on some of the combinations in there. A lot of players have put their hands up in the three Cup games and we’re going to have some selection headaches, but that’s a good place to be in.”

Tickets for Saturday’s game are available now. Book in person at Welford Road, by phoning 0116 319 8888 (option 2) or online at LeicesterTigers.com

15 George Worth

14 Adam Thompstone

13 Andy Forsyth

12 Kyle Eastmond

11 Jonah Holmes

10 Noel Reid

9 Ben White

1 Facundo Gigena

2 Tom Youngs (c)

3 Joe Heyes

4 Will Spencer

5 Harry Wells

6 Hanro Liebenberg

7 Tommy Reffell

8 Guy Thompson

Replacements

16 Jake Kerr

17 Nephi Leatigaga

18 Gaston Cortes

19 Calum Green

20 Ifereimi Boladau

21 Sam Harrison

22 Tom Hardwick

23 Jordan Olowofela

Looks a decent team. Would have preferred Kerr to start. Probably not what we'll see next week but getting closer to it. That backrow looks very good.
drc_007
Super User
Super User

Post by drc_007 »

15 George Furbank
14 Ryan Olowofela
13 Fraser Dingwall
12 Andrew Symons
11 Taqele Naiyaravoro
10 James Grayson
9 Henry Taylor

1 Francois van Wyk
2 James Fish
3 Ehren Painter
4 David Ribbans
5 Alex Coles
6 JJ Tonks
7 Heinrich Brüssow
8 Teimana Harrison (c)

Replacements:
16 Michael Van Vuuren
17 Ben Franks
18 Paul Hill
19 Alex Moon
20 Mitch Eadie
21 James Mitchell
22 Rory Hutchinson
23 Tom Collins
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

Close to the strongest team Saints could put out. Plenty of strength on the bench as well. Should be a really tough game. Ideal league preparation and we can start to rebuild that fortress reputation with a win in this one.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Hoping for a good win, shame I can’t attend but i have recorded the game on BT.
Scuttle
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scuttle »

JP14 wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 3:00 pm Hoping for a good win, shame I can’t attend but i have recorded the game on BT.
Is it on BT Sport or do you mean the highlights?
As Good As It Gets
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

Scuttle wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 3:04 pm
JP14 wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 3:00 pm Hoping for a good win, shame I can’t attend but i have recorded the game on BT.
he must mean highlights as Exeter are on BT not Tigers
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

sam16111986 wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:34 pm Close to the strongest team Saints could put out. Plenty of strength on the bench as well. Should be a really tough game. Ideal league preparation and we can start to rebuild that fortress reputation with a win in this one.
Agreed though short of Bateman Coghlan and possibly the South African centres that’s not far off our best 23 available
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Scuttle wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 3:04 pm
well I was pretty sure it was on BT Sport, but I think i have mixed up my games.
aslongaswebeatsaints
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by aslongaswebeatsaints »

Strong Saints team giving a great test as to how thick our fortress walls will be come the start of the Prem.

Also a great opportunity to have another look at Noel Reid who I have been massively impressed with. And am I the only one thinking Kyle Eastmond is already looking much better than last season? Was particularly impressed with his defensive work rate against Chiefs. He just looks sharper.

Fingers crossed that Adam has finally shaken off the bad luck with injuries. Didn’t expect him back so it’s like having a bonus player.

Potential for a great game. Looking forward to it.