Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Mark62
Super User
Super User

Re: PRC Round 4 - Tigers vs Saints

Post by Mark62 »

sam16111986 wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 3:54 pm
Mark62 wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 3:47 pm It was a high tackle wasn’t it. 3 weeks minimum
Will depend on mitigation and whether he looks suitably remorseful and brings along an acceptable biscuit selection.

I'd expect Leitagaga, Spencer, Taute and Vijeon all to get more game time this weekend as they've had limited amounts so far and we'll want them in and around the 23 during the season. Another outing for the Harrison/Reid 9/10 partnership as well.
I think even with chocolate hobnobs and custard creams he’ll get 3 weeks.
Agree with your other comments
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=aTnVC9cYA ... fullscreen

Was a big hit but did it warrant a red card? No TMO so no other angles avaialble.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Tigerbeat wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 4:21 pm
Mark62 wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 3:47 pm It was a high tackle wasn’t it. 3 weeks minimum
Have not seen it but some are saying it was a soft red....what does that mean? Was it worthy of a red card is the first thing that will be decided....if not, he will be cleared to play. If the red card decision was correct, the incident will be reviewed and sanctions applied.
Soft red to me means that it was an easy decision and a stupid tackle, I think I read it was confirmed by TMO.
With the current stance on high tackles I would be surprised if there wasn’t a ban
Looking at your link Tigerbeat looks like a red
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

Tigerbeat wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 4:26 pm https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=aTnVC9cYA ... fullscreen

Was a big hit but did it warrant a red card? No TMO so no other angles avaialble.
That's a red all day, pretty much exactly the kind of tackle the rules are trying to stop. TPN makes virtually no effort to hinge at the waist and bring his height down and really only lowers his height to help leading with the shoulder. Looks to make contact with the head area so easy red card and ban. 3 weeks minimum, absolutely no mitigation there. Far worse than Lavanini's.
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Mark62 wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 4:30 pm
Tigerbeat wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 4:21 pm
Have not seen it but some are saying it was a soft red....what does that mean? Was it worthy of a red card is the first thing that will be decided....if not, he will be cleared to play. If the red card decision was correct, the incident will be reviewed and sanctions applied.
Soft red to me means that it was an easy decision and a stupid tackle, I think I read it was confirmed by TMO.
With the current stance on high tackles I would be surprised if there wasn’t a ban
Looking at your link Tigerbeat looks like a red
The angle shown makes it look red all day...a view from the other side may show exactly where contact was made....direct to head? Just high and the force takes him back?
Let the disciplinary decide but could be missing him for a few weeks.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

On the plus side, we're relatively well stocked at hooker
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

The red could be debated all day, but TPN didn’t need to make the referee and AR have to make a decision.

Foolish.
ay2oh
Super User
Super User

Post by ay2oh »

Hot_Charlie wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 7:45 pm The red could be debated all day, but TPN didn’t need to make the referee and AR have to make a decision.

Foolish.
I don’t suppose that you have ever made a mistake in your job :smt003
A2O
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

ay2oh wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 7:54 pm
Hot_Charlie wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 7:45 pm The red could be debated all day, but TPN didn’t need to make the referee and AR have to make a decision.

Foolish.
I expect a lot of players are going to be making this mistake. Particularly those that have been in the game longer. Ten years ago the commentators would have been saying great hit and no one would have looked to closely at it as long as there was a bit of contact somewhere other than the head and he wrapped his arms. Now any hint of head contact and it's hold your breath and wait to see which card comes out.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Bristol’s win means they too could potentially qualify as best runner’s up, but if they beat Exeter and we beat Saints then we will qualify as top of our pool anyway.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Ian Cant »

It’s Saints: that’s all the motivation that should be needed! I’d rest Thomo ( not Adam) as he’s proved his fitness and will be a major forward v Worcester.
Kerr deserves his place in the squad and is usually more accurate throwing in.
We all remember what happened at Worcester last season: the game was done until our lineout misfired with a few minutes to go!
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

isn't Jake Kerr due a start, don't think he has so far
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

JP14 wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 7:19 am Bristol’s win means they too could potentially qualify as best runner’s up, but if they beat Exeter and we beat Saints then we will qualify as top of our pool anyway.
Exeter starting to wheel out some big guns now so I think Bristol getting a win there is unlikely.
Be interesting to see what side Northampton put out as they can’t qualify, I think 🤔

For Tigers I’d like to see;

Bateman, Youngs, Hayes, Spencer, Green, Liebenberg, Reffell, Coghlan.
White, Reid, Olowofela, Eastmond, Taute, Holmes, Worth

Kerr, Gigena, Leatigaga, Wells, Thompson, Simmons, Hardwick, Thompstone
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

ay2oh wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 7:54 pm

Foolish.
Daily. I learn from them though.

You’d hope as a group and individually - after last season and with the current focus - they’d be trying very hard to avoid these situations. The guy we’re talking about is one of the most experienced international players playing rugby. And if the club didn’t emphasise to the players that there was no TMO so there’s a chance the ref will favour the least lenient option, I’d be disappointed.

They are very well paid professionals after all.
Spicer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Spicer »

Hard to balance the need to play, the need to rest, the desire to go further in the competition and the desire to let the first team gel together. Impossible to do them all.

Gigena, Kerr, Leatigaga, Spencer, Wells, Liebenberg, Reffell, Boladau, Simmons, Reid, Aspland-Robinson, Viljoen, Taute, Thompstone, Worth

Youngs, Bateman, Cortes, Green, Coghlan, Harrison, Hardwick, Eastmond