Is Lavanini going to be a liability?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Mark62
Super User
Super User

Re: Is Lavanini going to be a liability?

Post by Mark62 »

Big Dai wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:47 pm Do you remember Healey kicking Kevin Putt? I thought some of his comments were a bit "pot, kettle, black?" .......if you see what I mean.
Was that when he jumped on his head over near the old members stand, or was that Brendan Venter

That’s Austin all over. It’s interesting that he is not being used for the World Cup coverage at all, not even in the London studio.
Maybe his other business commitments didn’t allow him to, he tweeted about him watching the final at some Fijian luxury resort, or maybe they just didn’t want him
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

sam16111986 wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:04 pm
Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:58 pm
Scott1 wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:21 pm

Really?!
Yes, otherwise I wouldn't of said so.
More force and he's a bigger lump which always seems to draw the attention. I think Francis made less effort to dip into the tackle. He was a very lucky boy with the citing commission. I doubt Lavanini will have any such luck.
I worry about double standards, Manu should of had a yellow & Lawes was pretty close.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

People were bemoaning the lack of physicality from the pack last season. Lavanini has this in spades. Him and Green are locks you can build a nasty pack around.
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 10:33 pm
sam16111986 wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:04 pm
Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:58 pm

Yes, otherwise I wouldn't of said so.
More force and he's a bigger lump which always seems to draw the attention. I think Francis made less effort to dip into the tackle. He was a very lucky boy with the citing commission. I doubt Lavanini will have any such luck.
I worry about double standards, Manu should of had a yellow & Lawes was pretty close.
Tackling someone in the air isn't an automatic yellow card. Manu does take him in the air but puts him down safely on his back side hence only a penalty. Had he just upended him instead of wrapping or if the player had gone past the horizontal I'd expect a yellow card.

Sinckler on the other hand I still can't believe he didn't get 10 minutes. Repeat offences by England, 1m from his own line and there's no hint of arms in his tackle.
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

4 weeks, apparently!
TomWeston
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TomWeston »

fentiger wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:35 am 4 weeks, apparently!
I wish Reuter’s had got this right...

“Lavanini will miss that game and three matches for his English club Northampton Saints.”

https://uk.reuters.com/article/rugby-un ... KL3N26S1CN

Nearly as accurate as Al Beeb!
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

So the first game he could be available for selection is London Irish away.
Don’t think Tigers were expecting him much before then anyway, and he’ll be fresher now
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

I think he could be available for selection for the home game against Gloucester.
Semper in excretia
Jacko27

Post by Jacko27 »

Not sure how a " 4 match ban " is calculated, perhaps any match for which the player is hypothetically available. Anyway BBC is reporting that Lavanini will be available for Tigers from November 1st. So not too bad, if he learns from experience.
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Robespierre wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:41 am I think he could be available for selection for the home game against Gloucester.
I’ve gone on him missing 4 games in total, so that would be the final Argentina pool game and then 3 tigers games, Northampton. Worcester, Saracens. You could be right though
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

The 26-year-old, the most sin-binned player in Argentina's history, admitted committing an act of foul play. May be he is? Me thinks it will be a hard job getting him to 'turn it around' immediately. Could cost the Tigers dearly?
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

TigerCam wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:42 am The 26-year-old, the most sin-binned player in Argentina's history, admitted committing an act of foul play. May be he is? Me thinks it will be a hard job getting him to 'turn it around' immediately. Could cost the Tigers dearly?
We’ll all just have to wait and see.
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Agreed it is very confusing but I think it’s 4 weeks covering any game you may be selected for.
Ban isn’t very effective if it’s just for international games, as you could play for your club the following week imo
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

He returns v Gloc November 2nd
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Post by johnthegriff »

No argument over the Lavanini red card but I note that this year for Jaguares he has received only one yellow and penalised just 10 times hardly penalty machine or liability status on current form. His tackle on Farrell was clumsy rather than vicious, much like Spencer's on Thomas, I look forward to him competing for a place in our second row.