Borthwick

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Re: Borthwick

Post by RagingBull »

Seems Borthwick is coping some critisim over his injury announcements or lack of stance.
https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/spor ... ws-4738484

Aint's main writers take
https://twitter.com/WheresTommyV/status ... 8064267265

Personally I didn't care when Cockers did it and don't really care now, it would be nice to know maybe who is injured and who might be out of favour, but in reality I don't buy the I'm a season ticker holder I should know who's injured. Unless it's a long term injury maybe.

Honestly pretty sure it's been a thing at Tigers for nearly as long as I can remember.
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

Cockers used to say minor issue for players out for months.
A little more clarity is preferable, we don't need to know the full details, but it would enhance the stated Clarity & Transparency mentioned by our CEO.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

It's perfectly within his rights to do so, however it is a bit frustrating sometimes.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Disappointing but unsurprising and for me it serves to alienate supporters.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
ay2oh
Super User
Super User

Post by ay2oh »

sapajo wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 2:26 pm Disappointing but unsurprising and for me it serves to alienate supporters.
Why does it alienate supporters. ? We will know he team tomorrow at 12.00
A2O
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

the media whining and acting entitled never comes as a shock the sulking on the RL show was pathetic, if by not doing this we gain even a slight competitive advantage then I'm all for it
ay2oh
Super User
Super User

Post by ay2oh »

Jimmy Skitz wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 2:33 pm the media whining and acting entitled never comes as a shock the sulking on the RL show was pathetic, if by not doing this we gain even a slight competitive advantage then I'm all for it
It is better than what happened in Deano’s tenure. He used to name a side and when you got to the ground there would be 3 or 4 changes to the side named. This really :censored: me off .
A2O
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

ay2oh wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 2:38 pm
Jimmy Skitz wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 2:33 pm the media whining and acting entitled never comes as a shock the sulking on the RL show was pathetic, if by not doing this we gain even a slight competitive advantage then I'm all for it
It is better than what happened in Deano’s tenure. He used to name a side and when you got to the ground there would be 3 or 4 changes to the side named. This really :censored: me off .
yeah that would be worse, the only exception would be with people like Gigena after that head knock a simple "he's doing ok" would suffice.
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

RagingBull wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 1:00 pm Seems Borthwick is coping some critisim over his injury announcements or lack of stance.

Aint's main writers take

Personally I didn't care when Cockers did it and don't really care now, it would be nice to know maybe who is injured and who might be out of favour, but in reality I don't buy the I'm a season ticker holder I should know who's injured. Unless it's a long term injury maybe.

Honestly pretty sure it's been a thing at Tigers for nearly as long as I can remember.
Agree. It's not SB's responsibility to keep a journo in a job. Good relations with the press can be useful, I agree, but the sense of self-importance and entitlement generated by meeja people generally grates
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

Old Hob wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 4:37 pm
RagingBull wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 1:00 pm Seems Borthwick is coping some critisim over his injury announcements or lack of stance.

Aint's main writers take

Agree. It's not SB's responsibility to keep a journo in a job. Good relations with the press can be useful, I agree, but the sense of self-importance and entitlement generated by meeja people generally grates
I suggested to the journo's that they need to develop more sources with into the club the latest Mercury journo had the expected response. Rugby Journalist have been spoiled, I suggest they ask their football counterparts how much info the head coaches in that sport give out, they certainly don't name the team the day before the game...
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

Agree with the general sentiment, do what's right for Tigers, screw the journo's.

Just about had enough of the media in 2020...
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Jimmy Skitz wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 5:08 pm
Old Hob wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 4:37 pm

Aint's main writers take

I suggested to the journo's that they need to develop more sources with into the club the latest Mercury journo had the expected response. Rugby Journalist have been spoiled, I suggest they ask their football counterparts how much info the head coaches in that sport give out, they certainly don't name the team the day before the game...
Lol I'm in a perverse way liking the fact there's less leaks from the club since certain people have left after the contract issues.
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

Tiglon wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 6:04 pm Agree with the general sentiment, do what's right for Tigers, screw the journo's.

Just about had enough of the media in 2020...
Very little to do with the journos. Fans have often asked for updates on injuries and the availability of players. I've seen many comments on here complaining that other clubs keep their fans up to date and we do not.

Having said that you've got to appreciate that Borthwick has come out and made his opinion known early doors rather than keep us unsure. No hints and omissions, he's been brutally clear. Don't ask as it's a topic that's not up for discussion.

Makes the team announcement more of a surprise each week.
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

I don't understand it to be honest - as in why you would withold the information.

Does it bother me? A little yes, because I am a fan and I am interested in how things are going. I don't need to know every detail.
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

ourla wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 11:28 pm I don't understand it to be honest - as in why you would withold the information.

Does it bother me? A little yes, because I am a fan and I am interested in how things are going. I don't need to know every detail.
Why would you tell Irish that they don’t need to plan for Potter for example if he had picked up an injury?