Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

TigerBoy1880
Silver Member
Silver Member

Re: Borthwick

Post by TigerBoy1880 »

Tiglon wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:56 am
TigerBoy1880 wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:37 am
Tiglon wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:27 am BBC news says he will start after 6N, which implies directly after 6N. But yes, that could mean 7 months after the 6N if anyone wants to be pedantic...
It’s not being pedantic. It was announced yesterday that Borthwick will leave his role with England in November so to say he will join Tigers after his international commitments actually suggests to me that he will join once his job with England finishes in November.

I’ve just looked at the BBC Sport App and it states this:
Steve Borthwick will join Leicester as head coach once he has completed his coaching commitments with England.

It doesn’t mention that he will start directly after the Six Nations.
Yeah they've just changed it. When first on the app it said after 6N. Is there any way of posting a screenshot on here?
No need. I believe that’s what you read. However, you can see now why people aren’t sure when he actually joins us.
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

Tiglon wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:56 am
TigerBoy1880 wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:37 am
Tiglon wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:27 am BBC news says he will start after 6N, which implies directly after 6N. But yes, that could mean 7 months after the 6N if anyone wants to be pedantic...
It’s not being pedantic. It was announced yesterday that Borthwick will leave his role with England in November so to say he will join Tigers after his international commitments actually suggests to me that he will join once his job with England finishes in November.

I’ve just looked at the BBC Sport App and it states this:
Steve Borthwick will join Leicester as head coach once he has completed his coaching commitments with England.

It doesn’t mention that he will start directly after the Six Nations.
Yeah they've just changed it. When first on the app it said after 6N. Is there any way of posting a screenshot on here?
Yes click post reply then click on the 'insert image' icon (9th along above the text box)
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

Doesn't seem to give an option to actually upload a photo, just adds some text.

Agreed, it now looks like later. I'm betting on after japan tour.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Great news, let's remember that Murphy was given a sinking ship and especially this season we have finally been able to see the results, the exposure of Hardwick, White, Heyes and Olowelofela last season especially has made them into dependable substitutes and for me Hardwick and Olowelofela are beginning to show signs of their true potential. The additions of Lavanini, Liebenberg, Taufua, Taute and Boladau have all added something to the squad.

With Borthwick becoming head coach, we could well be on the up but the road is still a long journey with many bumps along the way.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Post by Chobbsy »

bendy wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:15 am
Mark62 wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:08 am
DingDong wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:03 am Head coach - perfect!! Murphy to DoR - convenient!!
Murphy to DOR is what a lot of people have been looking for, his skill set will suit that position better. I see it working much as Humphreys and Ackerman do at Gloucester.

Great how some posters can always see negatives from such a big positive
Indeed - some people are never happy seemingly!

For me, this is great news - another positive step in our (long) road back to .. well ... let's say 'adequacy' for now shall we?
I agree I am really pleased
God created rugby so footballers have heros too
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

Apparently, the RFU have said he isn’t going to Japan - more good news.

It should be said - Simon Cohen worked tirelessly on this - first to get the deal done some time ago and, more recently, to get the earliest possible start date. It may not be the 'done thing' on this forum but :smt038 :smt038 :smt038 to our CEO!
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

strawclearer wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:13 am Apparently, the RFU have said he isn’t going to Japan - more good news.

It should be said - Simon Cohen worked tirelessly on this - first to get the deal done some time ago and, more recently, to get the earliest possible start date. It may not be the 'done thing' on this forum but :smt038 :smt038 :smt038 to our CEO!
As you know so much are you Simon Cohen?
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
speedski
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by speedski »

Ryles listed on England site as joining ahead of the quilter internationals - which is November.

He’s joining as skill coach, which is the job Borthwick now has till he leaves England setup
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Strikes me as very odd that it was posted on this forum back in Oct/Nov when folks thought Borthwick would join post 6 N that he had to give six mths notice?

In which case how has that now stretched out until October,
when Borthwick has clearly been signed up months ago??
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

surely if the club are in position to announce his appointment they must also know when hs start date is and not some vague end of season - really pleased with this arrangement just want to know WHEN!!!!!
Hehehehehehehehe
TigerBoy1880
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by TigerBoy1880 »

sapajo wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:18 am
strawclearer wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:13 am Apparently, the RFU have said he isn’t going to Japan - more good news.

Maybe he just likes to give praise when it’s necessary.

A lot of people on here should try it.
bendy

Post by bendy »

Let's also remember that Murphy has obviously encouraged / persuaded / bullied Manu, Ford and Genge (amongst others) all to commit their short term future to the club, which again is a positive sign for DOR-hood.

Ignoring for the minute the £££ which were also part of those conversations....
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

TigerBoy1880 wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:34 am
sapajo wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:18 am

Maybe he just likes to give praise when it’s necessary.

A lot of people on here should try it.
Here here! :smt023
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
MCC1964
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MCC1964 »

sapajo wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:26 am Strikes me as very odd that it was posted on this forum back in Oct/Nov when folks thought Borthwick would join post 6 N that he had to give six mths notice?

Why in the heck does this matter? It was clearly an agreement between the club, the RFU, Borthwick and EJ. End of.
TigerBoy1880
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by TigerBoy1880 »

MCC1964 wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:47 am
sapajo wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:26 am Strikes me as very odd that it was posted on this forum back in Oct/Nov when folks thought Borthwick would join post 6 N that he had to give six mths notice?

Why in the heck does this matter? It was clearly an agreement between the club, the RFU, Borthwick and EJ. End of.
It matters because it helps negative people with their negative comments and agenda.