Borthwick

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Re: Borthwick

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

From the fleeting bits I saw yesterday our general defence wasn't too bad yesterday. However, our general decision making and discipline was poor.

Kick offs too long with no chase, silly penalties allowing Exeter to kick to the corner (we all know what happens most of the time when they do that) and our lineout went to pot when TPN came on. Those are individual errors, not errors in systems etc.
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

Didn't the line out go to pot just before TPN came on? One down near their try line that Armond stole?

May be the substitutions were a bit late as our man in the crowd was suggesting?
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Big Dai wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 5:03 pm Didn't the line out go to pot just before TPN came on? One down near their try line that Armond stole?

May be the substitutions were a bit late as our man in the crowd was suggesting?
He jumped across the line, he was practically in front of Spencer when he got the ball, which had been thrown way too short by Youngs too.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
JWM
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by JWM »

[Yesterday vs Chiefs, and at other times. Too much trying to run it out of extremely vulnerable field positions/within the 22m. Sometimes necessary to hoof it fwd into touch to regather one’s selves.]

Borthwick. If every fan is willing to chip in the £ equivalent of one tkt, I reckon we should be able to buy out the RFU.
ST in new Clubhouse stand ... sadly, my back's no longer up to standing :-(
TTRITH
Super User
Super User

Post by TTRITH »

RagingBull wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 1:54 pm Who knows.

TBF to Deacon the forwards played their best game yesterday.
I'm more interested to know if Blake was actually at the game.

If not maybe we will be seeing another new coach come in.
I was told that the issue behind the Borthwick deal is the fact the BoD are not committing to allowing him to choose his own coaching team. Bakewell and possibly Blake going could be a clearing deck exercise.

To be fair, Blake may have been Ill. Blake was also a Geordan pick (apparently) for the coaching set up so I'd be surprised if hes now been sacked.
Richard Burnett
:axe: :smt100
Dr H Flashman MBE
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dr H Flashman MBE »

TTRITH wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 7:35 am
RagingBull wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 1:54 pm Who knows.

TBF to Deacon the forwards played their best game yesterday.
I'm more interested to know if Blake was actually at the game.

If not maybe we will be seeing another new coach come in.
I was told that the issue behind the Borthwick deal is the fact the BoD are not committing to allowing him to choose his own coaching team. Bakewell and possibly Blake going could be a clearing deck exercise.

To be fair, Blake may have been Ill. Blake was also a Geordan pick (apparently) for the coaching set up so I'd be surprised if hes now been sacked.
If that is the case and the BoD are preventing Borthwick bringing in his own team, i am not sure what they think will happen? I am clearly not a rugby coach, but if i was so sought after by a club then i would be holding all the aces and saying my way or no thanks.... I am sure there is a cost implication of getting in a whole new team, but then i would have thought they would have realised this. Maybe that is why they like ex Tigers as they are cheaper!!!
I do wonder come the end of the 6N's if this Saga will have finally been resolved.....
There is never any points for 2nd place...
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

My concern is that if it isn't resolved before the 6N it will be too late anyway.
fleabane
Super User
Super User

Post by fleabane »

If it is true that Borthwick cannot bring in his own team, in his position I would not come! He will want the start of his club career to be a success, and not be hobbled from the outset.

What nincompoop made that decision?

Presumably it was made to provide comfort for the ex-players in the coaching and support setup, and cover for poor decisions by Murphy and the BOD?
Valhalla I am coming!
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

If being the main point.
fleabane
Super User
Super User

Post by fleabane »

Raging Bull, don’t spoil the speculation, it’s the time of goodwill to most people!
Valhalla I am coming!
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

... of course, maybe, if Blake has also gone the decks are being cleared in readiness :smt017
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

RagingBull wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 2:00 pm If being the main point.
Agreed. The suggestion that "...the issue behind the Borthwick deal is the fact the BoD are not committing to allowing him to choose his own coaching team" is at variance with the little I know - and with the lot that I speculate about!
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
norfolkexpat
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by norfolkexpat »

Just blinking well get Borthwick in asap, and if he want some to sack the frigging lot, lot, for heavens sake let him. He cannot do any worse than this load of clowns, Big Boris respectfully not included...
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Blake was absent from the game this weekend for personal reasons, according to Murphy. I have seen this on Twitter.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

JP14 wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 8:32 am Blake was absent from the game this weekend for personal reasons, according to Murphy. I have seen this on Twitter.
He had £20 on us to win.....

On Borthwick if he wanted to come he could of course chosen to handed in his resignation with the RFU, but he hasn't. If he was really eager to come to us he could of forced the matter, he hasn't so I question his true desire. The club should but a deadline on it as the present status isn't a great help to the team or the entire club. Perhaps we should just move on to someone else who might actually jump at the chance to come.
To win is not as important as playing with style!