Borthwick

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

markharbtiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Borthwick

Post by markharbtiger »

johnthegriff wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 12:58 pm I described what Geordan inherited, previous recruitment and Board decisions were not in his control, I assume he had some say in departures and recruitment for this season within the limitations of contracts, and I therefore expect to see improvements and indication of his playing style during the course of this season with further progress being made as contracts end. Should that improvement be as I expect then I see little point in further upheaval, stability will be more beneficial. If the improvement is not apparent then obviously surgery will be necessary.
johnthegriff I think you have picked up the optimism mantle from Ellis9 :smt005
But joking aside, I think many on here sincerely hope the improvement you mention takes place, perhaps sooner rather than later.
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

markharbtiger wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 10:33 am Personally speaking, whilst there might be very good reasons for taking time, I wish that the club would hurry up and make an announcement on this matter, even if the timing of anything happening is much later in the season. The continuing uncertainty around such a key post is not helpful for supporters, and I doubt is much help to the players and other coaching staff. It would matter less if the team had made a much better start to the season.
All very true.
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
TTRITH
Super User
Super User

Post by TTRITH »

RugbyInsideLine hinting that Borthwick to Tigers is off. Has anyone else anything?
Richard Burnett
:axe: :smt100
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

TTRITH wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:59 pm RugbyInsideLine hinting that Borthwick to Tigers is off. Has anyone else anything?
He probably thinks that even he cannot get us out of this mess! :smt017
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

TTRITH wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:59 pm RugbyInsideLine hinting that Borthwick to Tigers is off. Has anyone else anything?
They’re also hinting that Dai Youngs days at Wasps could be numbered.

Tigers and Wasps both up the creek without a paddle, how the mighty have fallen
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Trying to put a positive spin, if true that is, maybe Tigers have said they want him now, he isn’t prepared/can’t come, so they are looking elsewhere
Dr H Flashman MBE
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dr H Flashman MBE »

I guess if that is the case and he is no longer coming, we either Stick and start to play as a team with some heart passion and the planned backs move or twist and work out who else can get us out of this mess. I have zero idea who is avaliable but we need some sore of kick start whether its a new coach or complete and utter verbal board backing for Murphy. The Board need to say somthing about this state we are in.
Time will tell. But if Borthwick has decided not to come to Tigers out of his own choice and not contract issues with the RFU, then our stock is very low.
There is never any points for 2nd place...
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Dr H Flashman MBE wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 3:31 pm I have zero idea who is avaliable but we need some sore of kick start whether its a new coach or complete and utter verbal board backing for Murphy.
Simon Cohen informed the first supporters forum at the beginning of this season that the board were totally behind Murphy and their goal for this season was to finish mid table and that it would take up to 5 years to get back into the Top 4.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

You mean the Tigers hating Saints fan rugbyinsideline who hinted at Genge leaving to Worcester last season.

The guy was hinting at Gloucester announcing the beast this morning.
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

RagingBull wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 3:59 pm You mean the Tigers hating Saints fan rugbyinsideline who hinted at Genge leaving to Worcester last season.

Ah that puts into a little more perspective
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Mark62 wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:10 pm
RagingBull wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 3:59 pm You mean the Tigers hating Saints fan rugbyinsideline who hinted at Genge leaving to Worcester last season.

Ah that puts into a little more perspective
He could be very much right on this one, but you look at his rumours history with us especially and he does seem to like the idea of posting rumours that kick us when we are down.]
Kast season he was saying both Stanko and Deacon was leaving.

When he started off he did have links with some people at saints but they have moved/not talking to him now really.
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

sapajo wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 3:43 pm
Dr H Flashman MBE wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 3:31 pm I have zero idea who is avaliable but we need some sore of kick start whether its a new coach or complete and utter verbal board backing for Murphy.
Simon Cohen informed the first supporters forum at the beginning of this season that the board were totally behind Murphy and their goal for this season was to finish mid table and that it would take up to 5 years to get back into the Top 4.
If that's your ambition when you have this many internationals in your squad it is a ludicrous situation.
Are they waiting for some immovable objects to retire first?
Traveller
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Traveller »

Which means Mr Cohen will continue to collect his pay cheque until 2024, because he can argue that Tigers have hit medium term objectives by NOT having qualified for the premier rugby European competition for six years. The man has no shame. None.
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

Traveller wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:07 pm
Which means Mr Cohen will continue to collect his pay cheque until 2024, because he can argue that Tigers have hit medium term objectives by NOT having qualified for the premier rugby European competition for six years. The man has no shame. None.
I disagree, if they continue as they are I can't see much prospect of the club hitting it's medium term objectives - although "mid table" is rather vague...
JGT57

Post by JGT57 »

Mid-table championship?