Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

CitizenSmiff
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Borthwick

Post by CitizenSmiff »

Jimmy Skitz wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 12:26 am
RichieB wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:30 pm I'll amend my initial contribution from popcorn Friday to damp squib Friday. In more ways than one.
I dunno, when I saw the team I nearly broke out the popcorn
Fingers crossed, we lost plenty of games with the England boys in the squad last year and that was without the World Cup hangover.
Yorkietiger
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Yorkietiger »

Robespierre wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 3:37 pm Ok, Murphy has been a good servant to the club but does he merit being appointed Director of Rugby?
The answer is clearly no!
Clearly not, this is a results based business, and on that measure he should be jettisoned asap. In fact he should never have been appointed in the first place following his less than stellar performance as interim HC. :smt013
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

Yorkietiger wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:51 am
Robespierre wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 3:37 pm Ok, Murphy has been a good servant to the club but does he merit being appointed Director of Rugby?
The answer is clearly no!
Clearly not, this is a results based business, and on that measure he should be jettisoned asap. In fact he should never have been appointed in the first place following his less than stellar performance as interim HC. :smt013
Depends what role the DOR is going to be at the club. Clearly as day to day coaching overseeing everything he's not had much success but if he's the only helping the pathway from development to first team and has been bug in pushing the development players out on loan then there are good things there. The players want to play for him so the culture seems to be working.

Borthwick I imagine will take over the day to day coaching and start changing the approach into what he wants from the team on match day.
Grimlish
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Grimlish »

O’Shea’s move signalling rumoured movement at the RFU is underway?

https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-rugb ... 0001e9f47c
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Did anyone spot any strangers in the stand yesterday, (no sarcastic comments please.)?
wellstiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wellstiger »

Aint it gon quiet......
SSShhhhhh. :smt017
Dr H Flashman MBE
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dr H Flashman MBE »

It’s gone quiet because it just ain’t happening... :smt017???
There is never any points for 2nd place...
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

How’s it gone quiet exactly?
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Fact is the club have not gone quiet, they are just maintaining their silence over any rumoured appointments :smt023
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
wellstiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wellstiger »

So what were saying is No news is Good news
or
It aint happening
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

On this matter I would guess no news is good news.
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Hatley has already arrived at Bath, but he has previous with them so probably easier to fit in, also not as big a role as the one Borthwick is rumoured to be taking up.
As an outsider this week would be a good one to integrate a new coach, with a game of slightly less importance at the weekend, then hit the ground running for Saints away.

Pure guess work but I wonder if the goings on at Saracens are affecting anything, maybe wondering if McCall will fall on his sword
Dr H Flashman MBE
Gold Member
Gold Member

Mark62 wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 1:58 pm Hatley has already arrived at Bath, but he has previous with them so probably easier to fit in, also not as big a role as the one Borthwick is rumoured to be taking up.
As an outsider this week would be a good one to integrate a new coach, with a game of slightly less importance at the weekend, then hit the ground running for Saints away.

Pure guess work but I wonder if the goings on at Saracens are affecting anything, maybe wondering if McCall will fall on his sword
Wow that is rumour control...Borthwick to sarries and McCall to Tigers...like it.
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Dr H Flashman MBE wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 2:01 pm
Mark62 wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 1:58 pm Hatley has already arrived at Bath, but he has previous with them so probably easier to fit in, also not as big a role as the one Borthwick is rumoured to be taking up.

Wow that is rumour control...Borthwick to sarries and McCall to Tigers...like it.
😂😂 wow I didn’t say anything about McCall coming here, and only mentioned it due to Borthwick strong Saracens connection
Dr H Flashman MBE
Gold Member
Gold Member

Mark62 wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 2:27 pm
Dr H Flashman MBE wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 2:01 pm

😂😂 wow I didn’t say anything about McCall coming here, and only mentioned it due to Borthwick strong Saracens connection
I know, but I am in my allotment and it’s really hard work so thought I would try and set some fireworks off!! Sorry. But these weeds make me crazy!!!