PRC Round 2 - Tigers vs Exeter

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Mark62
Super User
Super User

Re: PRC Round 2 - Tigers vs Exeter

Post by Mark62 »

I would need to look again, but I think a lot of the scrum issues came from there being no stability and the Exeter props also not taking the hit.
Greg Bateman was obviously short of game time, understandable in the circumstances, and this didn’t help, so I think he needs as much game time as his legs will allow
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Agree BG01 Youngs had a terrific game.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Calum Green’s return to the Leicester forward pack has had an immediate impact after an impressive first outing from the Tigers lock in the bonus-point win over Exeter Chiefs at Welford Road.

Green played the full 80 minutes in his return to action for the club where he made his professional rugby debut as a 17-year-old a decade ago and made 13 tackles, 31 clean outs at the ruck and impressed at the set-piece with 2 line-out steals.

Hanro Liebenberg, in his club debut, managed 3 line-out steals, made 12 tackles and 20 clean outs in a strong 80 minute performance to kick off his Tigers career.

Harry Wells, who started the match on the bench before being injected in to the game earlier than planned to play 54 minutes, topped the match for carries with 9, made 13 tackles and stole 1 line-out from Exeter, which saw the visitors finish the match with 6 lost on their own throw.
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

Yes - Liebenberg (6'6") jumping and stealing at 2 in the lineout reminds me of another rather special blindside!
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
ay2oh
Super User
Super User

Post by ay2oh »

Really impressed with Green and Liebenberg and also thought that Reid showed that he will probably be our 1st choice 12 when the internationals get back from World Cup :smt003
A2O