Re: PRC Round 2 - Tigers vs Exeter

Post by dpoc74 »

Not keen to thrust anything on anyone :smt002 the clue was in the word “future”
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

Mark62 wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:33 pm Watching on the TV first game for this commentator and he is very listenable
Seconded
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

Given the comparative line ups we should be winning.

That said there were a lot of positives to take out the game.

A baby step back to to rugby domination... well you can but hope!
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

rich1576 wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:39 am Was surprised not to see Taute and Viljoen selected in the match day squad.
They were in the Droglites after the game and Jaco gave me a free beer voucher, :smt030 Cheers Jaco.
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Very young Steward looks the bees knees, what a big lad, reminds me of Liam Williams.
Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Ian Cant »

Very good performance by the whole team. Kyle Eastmond, Holmes, and most of the backs excellent. Scrum a bit wobbly until the second half but a good effort all round by the pack.
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

dpoc74 wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 11:10 pm Not keen to thrust anything on anyone :smt002 the clue was in the word “future”
Guy will be 33 in January, define future.
wellstiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wellstiger »

Are we now seeing a brighter future.
We are developing a deeper squad. Taking into consideration the lads from last week. Bearing in mind we have our internationals to come back.
I am really excited. However one "Swallow does not a Summer make". More of the same please.
Lets make W.R. a fortress again.

Thanks for the performance and intensity. More of the same please.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Thought the ref was bad for both sides, let Thompson get away with a blatantly obvious hands in the ruck to make a turnover, we were quite lucky to retain possession for a third try but refs like to enforce a no hands policy in the red zone, I thought the scrums were even and he just didn’t know what he was doing.

I was very annoyed that the ref did not police the breakdown at all, typical Exeter torpedoing into rucks from the side, including a very cheap shot from the six Kirsten that should have been a penalty or even a yellow.

Overall a great defensive performance topped by a clinical edge that was missing last season.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

JP14 wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 8:18 am Thought the ref was bad for both sides, let Thompson get away with a blatantly obvious hands in the ruck to make a turnover, we were quite lucky to retain possession for a third try but refs like to enforce a no hands policy in the red zone, I thought the scrums were even and he just didn’t know what he was doing.

I was very annoyed that the ref did not police the breakdown at all, typical Exeter torpedoing into rucks from the side, including a very cheap shot from the six Kirsten that should have been a penalty or even a yellow.

Overall a great defensive performance topped by a clinical edge that was missing last season.
Typically both he and his 'assistants' missed the deliberate blocking that is now Exeters stock in trade! Penalise them there and they become beatable by a lot more teams. To think we used to be labelled as cheats :smt017
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

fentiger wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 8:34 am
JP14 wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 8:18 am Thought the ref was bad for both sides, let Thompson get away with a blatantly obvious hands in the ruck to make a turnover, we were quite lucky to retain possession for a third try but refs like to enforce a no hands policy in the red zone, I thought the scrums were even and he just didn’t know what he was doing.

Typically both he and his 'assistants' missed the deliberate blocking that is now Exeters stock in trade! Penalise them there and they become beatable by a lot more teams. To think we used to be labelled as cheats :smt017
Totally agree Fentiger Austin was mentioning it last night and the more it is done so refs can’t fail to take notice.
I think we did show last night that one of the ways to compete is to keep the out of your 22, play a kicking game and make them attack from deep.
Might be a bit different with Hodge at 15 though
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

A bit unfair.
There isn't a ref in world rugby who gets the breakdown right anymore, what was allowed in the Premiership final was worse so the example being set isn't great.
It was a good front row contest to watch as they battled to get a technical edge but a largely unknown Chiefs pack had Leicester under pressure for most of the night.
There was a lot on the wrong side from both sides.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Nonetheless i will still complain about it.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Anyone know the status of Spencer’s injury last night. It looked like a stinger , but with Lavanini yet to arrive we look a little short in the row after Wells and Green.
Liebenberg and Coghlan could possibly fill but would be a shame to move them forward
johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Post by johnthegriff »

Many people make the point that most of the Exeter team names were unfamiliar, I suggest that for an Exeter supporter the same could be said of our squad. One thing is for certain the Chiefs were not kids like the ones that turned out for us last week,
I felt we played pretty well, our front row lost out a bit on technique but eventually got to grips with it. Just think we have five guys not available to us at the moment that will boost that pack when they become available to compete for a place; the future is looking brighter than it has for some time.