Tigers app - why no ref feed?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

dpoc74
Top Cat
Top Cat

Tigers app - why no ref feed?

Post by dpoc74 »

I have just been checking the other teams phone apps and the Gloucester one as well as linking the phones to the stadiums wifi, has the ref feed inbuilt. I would love that and think it would be a great addition. Yes I know you buy the radio but the freedom to use your phone and an earpiece would be great.
EDIT: just seen they deliver food and drink to seats as well! Don’t know how well it works and not sure if I would use it but it is innovative at least!
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Re: Tigers app - why no ref feed?

Post by sapajo »

Tried and failed to buy a Radio from the shop, I was told they have none for sale.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
thunderbirds

Post by thunderbirds »

I miss the ref link too
watsonjm
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by watsonjm »

Does anyone know if they're going to be sold at all this year? I saw plenty of people using them but got the same response as others at the shop
dpoc74
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by dpoc74 »

Shame as I was thinking of getting one this year, I can't seem to find them on sale at any of the rugby clubs either. There used to be an AllSport radio that picked up normal and ref radio but this isn't being sold anymore on Amazon either.
Oh well, just have to have another year of making up my own interpretation of why that was a penalty ;)
PeterB

Post by PeterB »

I have a cheap radio bought from eBay for £10.
I can pick up the Ref Link on FM 60.9 meters.
It worked well for the last two seasons and was fine last Friday for the Exeter Game.
You have to look at the spec for the because most FM radio only cover 88 -107 meters it has to be one that goes as low as 60 meter.
Apparently the spare channels that the ref links use are between 60 and 70 meters depending on the venue
The name on the front of mine is "EXMAX"
Hope this helps :smt023

Pete