Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Mark62
Super User
Super User

Re: cashless madness - or is it??

Post by Mark62 »

TigerBoy1880 wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 6:42 pm
JP14 wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 6:34 pm Yes you need to have a card to have apple pay.
So it’s not any different to cards then is it? The answer to those people that want their kids to go and make their own purchase isn’t Apple pay. :smt017
Yes but the card is loaded on the phone then they pay either with the phone or watch if they have one.
That’s what I understand from number 2 son who once spent 4 days travelling round London on the underground just by using his apple watch and they worked out his cheapest fare at the end of the day
TigerBoy1880
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by TigerBoy1880 »

Mark62 wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 6:49 pm
JP14 wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 6:34 pm Yes you need to have a card to have apple pay.
So it’s not any different to cards then is it? The answer to those people that want their kids to go and make their own purchase isn’t Apple pay. :smt017
Yes but the card is loaded on the phone then they pay either with the phone or watch if they have one.
That’s what I understand from number 2 son who once spent 4 days travelling round London on the underground just by using his apple watch and they worked out his cheapest fare at the end of the day
Loaded with whose card? If they don’t have their own card then they shouldn’t be using Apple Pay as that would mean they are using someone else’s card, which you shouldn’t do.
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

You can have more than one card holder on an account so this could be used for them. Alternatively, kids are now having bank accounts which surely come with cards as an option. Parents do have control over the card limits I believe.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

TigerBoy1880 wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 6:52 pm

Loaded with whose card? If they don’t have their own card then they shouldn’t be using Apple Pay as that would mean they are using someone else’s card, which you shouldn’t do.
Might be better for you to accept that it’s available and it happens rather than looking for non existent issues
TigerBoy1880
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by TigerBoy1880 »

Mark62 wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 7:37 pm

Might be better for you to accept that it’s available and it happens rather than looking for non existent issues
Non existent issues? If you have read my post, you’ll see that I don’t have Apple Pay and don’t know how it works. That’s why I asked. You cannot use a card that doesn’t have your name on it.

I’m not fussed either way to be honest as I don’t have kids and I don’t buy food and drink at the stadium. I can however, ask for info about it to base my opinion on and have a discussion on. That’s why I’ve joined this forum.
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

TigerBoy1880 wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 7:43 pm

Non existent issues? If you have read my post, you’ll see that I don’t have Apple Pay and don’t know how it works. That’s why I asked. You cannot use a card that doesn’t have your name on it.

I’m not fussed either way to be honest as I don’t have kids and I don’t buy food and drink at the stadium. I can however, ask for info about it to base my opinion on and have a discussion on. That’s why I’ve joined this forum.
As you don’t have children and probably take your own Tupperware and flask, you are probably not aware that many parents pay there children’s phone contract and are able to load card details with spending limits onto phones.
I’m aware that people are not keen on progress but I confidently predict that by the time my 5 year old grandson turns 21 cash will be a thing of the past. Tigers are just moving with the times
TigerBoy1880
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by TigerBoy1880 »

Mark62 wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 7:49 pm
TigerBoy1880 wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 7:43 pm

As you don’t have children and probably take your own Tupperware and flask, you are probably not aware that many parents pay there children’s phone contract and are able to load card details with spending limits onto phones.
I’m aware that people are not keen on progress but I confidently predict that by the time my 5 year old grandson turns 21 cash will be a thing of the past. Tigers are just moving with the times
I don’t take my own Tupperware or flask.

I don’t mind progress and in case you’re presuming I’m old, when your grandson is 21, I’ll only be 46!

As for kids having phones which are paid for, don’t get me started!
AngusMcCoatup
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by AngusMcCoatup »

That is terrible ~"number 2 son who once spent 4 days travelling round London on the underground just by using his apple watch " what a shame he did not load an underground map or even a paper plan to decide where and when to get off! :smt017
To the world you may be just one person.
But to that one person you may be the world!
AngusMcCoatup
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by AngusMcCoatup »

Mark62 wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:14 pm I have no feelings either way but at least people are aware of the situation before hand.
No one knows if it will improve the service, but no matter what cash will eventually go the way of cheques, and virtually disappear with contactless payments and phone apps taking over
This totally contactless payment scheme only applies within the ground but the Leicester City Fish Bar, The Counting House and the burger vans outside will still take your cash. Another reason for going cash less is one of site security with armed robbery but when you think about it up to now "The Highway Robbers" are those deciding the beer & food prices within the ground.! :smt030 :smt071 :smt072
glenn

Post by glenn »

That is terrible ~"number 2 son who once spent 4 days travelling round London on the underground just by using his apple watch " what a shame he did not load an underground map or even a paper plan to decide where and when to get off!

:smt046 :smt041 this is brilliant!
[
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

AngusMcCoatup wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 11:13 pm

That is terrible ~"number 2 son who once spent 4 days travelling round London on the underground just by using his apple watch " what a shame he did not load an underground map or even a paper plan to decide where and when to get off! :smt017
Fantastic Angus it didn’t sound like that in my head :smt046 :smt041
AngusMcCoatup
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by AngusMcCoatup »

Mark62 wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:54 am

Thanks Mark. :smt023 However I suspect on that basis that number 1 son was probably the "Teacher's pet!" and they kept him in a cage at the front of the class! :smt043 Cambalala! You have to have some humour to counterbalance those "Kings of Negativity" on this board.
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

AngusMcCoatup wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:11 am
Mark62 wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:54 am
Thanks Mark. :smt023 However I suspect on that basis that number 1 son was probably the "Teacher's pet!" and they kept him in a cage at the front of the class! :smt043 Cambalala! You have to have some humour to counterbalance those "Kings of Negativity" on this board.
[/quot

Quite the opposite number 1 son was very much the rebel, although he has turned into a brilliant father and wonderful man manager. He also taught a certain English tight head to scrummage
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

I don't do cashless, so that means no beer sales for me! Will this change of policy add up to even greater loss this season?
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

Don't understand why anyone in 2019 needs to avoid using a bank card - unless you're evading tax or money laundering.