England team v Tonga

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

G.K
Super User
Super User

Re: England team v Tonga

Post by G.K »

The thing is that yellow cards were used where someone deliberately went to injure someone with a swinging arm or leading with the shoulder etc..

This tackle was aimed at the midriff and only ended up being high because the opposition player dropped down, if we start dishing out cards for that sort of thing we'll end up with two people on the pitch.

As for the concussion, that call should be made by the team doctor, not by the TMO.

Also a game should not be reffed based on an incorrect decision in a game that took place yesterday.

How did we ever manage to play Rugby before TMO came along?
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Just seen a photo of Manu on Veainu Instagram where his wrist and fingers on his right hand look to be quite heavily strapped.

Hopefully nothing too serious
baz1664
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by baz1664 »

The Kal tackle was fine end of, as for England liking the Underhill, Curry tag team, Watson was solid, one big issue for me is Farrell at centre, looked poor, didn’t offer Manu much, who was In beast mode, Eddie does very much seem set on the power pack win which I think could succeed but an Ireland, SA and NZ pack could easily deflate us, plan B?

Ref was top notch!!
Last edited by baz1664 on Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

G.K wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 9:56 pm The thing is that yellow cards were used where someone deliberately went to injure someone with a swinging arm or leading with the shoulder etc..

This tackle was aimed at the midriff and only ended up being high because the opposition player dropped down, if we start dishing out cards for that sort of thing we'll end up with two people on the pitch.

As for the concussion, that call should be made by the team doctor, not by the TMO.

Also a game should not be reffed based on an incorrect decision in a game that took place yesterday.

How did we ever manage to play Rugby before TMO came along?
How did they play cricket before helmets and the review system, how did they ever drive formula 1 cars without proper seat belts and mono cockpits.
Times change, games become harder and faster and the increased quality of tv coverage has meant that fans and the public at large demand decisions to be correct and the society we live in demands things are safer.
As for the TMO and concussion as I’m sure you know they check for the point of impact, the amount of force and any mitigating factors, Concussion decisions in big games are up to an independent medic who review all large collisions.
MCC1964
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MCC1964 »

Mark62 wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:12 pm Just seen a photo of Manu on Veainu Instagram where his wrist and fingers on his right hand look to be quite heavily strapped.

Looking at photos it appears to be the same strapping he has on during the game, so I don't reckon it's anything to be concerned about.
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

MCC1964 wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 11:58 am
Mark62 wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:12 pm Just seen a photo of Manu on Veainu Instagram where his wrist and fingers on his right hand look to be quite heavily strapped.

Looking at photos it appears to be the same strapping he has on during the game, so I don't reckon it's anything to be concerned about.
Thanks it was the bandage on the fingers I hadn’t noticed before