PRC Round 1 - Warriors vs Tigers

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

chewbacca
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: PRC Round 1 - Warriors vs Tigers

Post by chewbacca »

Entirely happy to see us give first team experience to some new signings and youngsters. Yes winning is good but you don't know how good somebody is until you play them.
I'm not cynical just experienced
wellstiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wellstiger »

And kick off hasn't even been blown !!!!!!!!!!

Give ya selves a break....... moan after the final whistle.

:smt015 :smt015
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Whinging ? Moaning ? My post is neither it presented a factual club statement and simply postulated that things have since changed.
So stop your moaning and whinging.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
TigerBoy1880
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by TigerBoy1880 »

sapajo wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:53 pm At the last supporters meeting at the end of last season the club stated that Tigers would take all future competitions seriously, as they were aware that they had not done so during that season. Furthermore, the club stated that it was all about developing a winning mentality and restoring confidence. Seems things have not changed :smt017
How does this team selection suggest we are not taking it seriously?
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

TigerBoy1880 wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 6:19 pm
sapajo wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:53 pm At the last supporters meeting at the end of last season the club stated that Tigers would take all future competitions seriously, as they were aware that they had not done so during that season. Furthermore, the club stated that it was all about developing a winning mentality and restoring confidence. Seems things have not changed :smt017
because Worcester are playing a strong team we have only a couple of first teamers selected.

with the season the club had last season they shouldn't be handing victories to anyone let alone one likely to be by a large margin, we need to change the momentum and feeling around the side
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Jimmy Skitz wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 6:31 pm
because Worcester are playing a strong team we have only a couple of first teamers selected.

with the season the club had last season they shouldn't be handing victories to anyone let alone one likely to be by a large margin, we need to change the momentum and feeling around the side
Or maybe last season there was really no plan and trying to be reactive didn’t work.
Perhaps this season the coaching team are trying to be proactive and have a plan to, integrate the available players over the next 4 games so that during the last couple of games the strongest available side is on the park and the players have brought into this plan.
Also we have no control over what team Worcester put out. They do their thing we do ours
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

If you compare the text to the team sheet there is a discrepancy at 15....

Not a great start to the season!
To win is not as important as playing with style!
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

Mark62 wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:20 pm

Or maybe last season there was really no plan and trying to be reactive didn’t work.
Perhaps this season the coaching team are trying to be proactive and have a plan to, integrate the available players over the next 4 games so that during the last couple of games the strongest available side is on the park and the players have brought into this plan.
Also we have no control over what team Worcester put out. They do their thing we do ours
doing what we always have done because it's what we do doesn't work anymore, maybe if they integrate the first team earlier they will actually be up to speed for the start of the league season, arrange behind closed doors matches for the rest who can't get game time
TigerBoy1880
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by TigerBoy1880 »

Nice to see your confidence in our players. The game hasn’t been played yet so I don’t see how we are handing a victory to Worcester.
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Jimmy Skitz wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:54 pm
Mark62 wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:20 pm

doing what we always have done because it's what we do doesn't work anymore, maybe if they integrate the first team earlier they will actually be up to speed for the start of the league season, arrange behind closed doors matches for the rest who can't get game time
In what way is this what has been done before. We’re nearly into October there have been no pre season fixtures and pre season if you bother to read what the players have been saying has been harder and much more varied than last.
If you’re bothered which you’re probably not, currently Quins v Bristol on the telly very mixed inexperienced sides, Bristol have had 2 pre season fixtures, Quins none and Quins are winning.
Cardiff Tig
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Cardiff Tig »

The PRC is a development competition. It's held during international periods, including the final. Therefore if the club uses it to play youngsters then they are taking it as seriously as they're meant to.

Anyone who thinks this competition is important is kidding themselves.
Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Ian Cant »

After last season’s mess, and I also supported Tigers away from home, the last thing needed is any heavy defeats in any competition. I sincerely hope we win tomorrow.
Secondly : forget having internationals absent. They need to come back and have to fight to get in the team then maybe the debacle that happened at Bristol last season won’t be repeated.
Sorry but every game counts. That’s how Sarries and Exeter approach things and that’s how Tigers used to. Treat any competition lightly and it sets the wrong precedent!
Good luck Tigers for the season.
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

Ian Cant wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:33 pm After last season’s mess, and I also supported Tigers away from home, the last thing needed is any heavy defeats in any competition. I sincerely hope we win tomorrow.
Secondly : forget having internationals absent. They need to come back and have to fight to get in the team then maybe the debacle that happened at Bristol last season won’t be repeated.
Sorry but every game counts. That’s how Sarries and Exeter approach things and that’s how Tigers used to. Treat any competition lightly and it sets the wrong precedent!
Good luck Tigers for the season.
In the same vein, that's how Sarries and Exeter field very much academy sides in the cup.

I'll be honest, I'm fed up of fans moaning that the youth don't get a chance and then those moan like nobodies business when we give youth a chance.

There were some moaning that Hardwick was being sent out on loan but when he's included in the starting 15 there's still moaning. If our 'gun' players were put out then there would be complaining that we'll be burning them out etc.

Yes, we all have opinions but for the love of God can we please support the 23 that's put out for a match.
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

Worcester don't look that strong, I reckon Waller couldn't push my Grannies zimmer frame and 5 couldn't carry a water bottle in the Sahara without losing it!
Pretty much every name in the Tigers list is talked about as potential 1st team, they'll be up against much stronger in the Premiership so it's a massive opportunity in my opinion.
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

BFG wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:27 pm Worcester don't look that strong, I reckon Waller couldn't push my Grannies zimmer frame and 5 couldn't carry a water bottle in the Sahara without losing it!
Pretty much every name in the Tigers list is talked about as potential 1st team, they'll be up against much stronger in the Premiership so it's a massive opportunity in my opinion.
I truly hope they make me eat my words in this thread, but trust and confidence are earned and Tigers haven’t earned them back with me yet and I’m not one for blind faith either