Re: PRC Round 1 - Warriors vs Tigers

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

Moaning posts, as per......
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

It’s not whether you should be upset it’s whether you should have perspective.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

Difficult to judge before the league starts, its performance that matters in these games more than results.
Isn't Geordie banned for these games anyway?

If we see those likely to be turning out against Wuss in the league playing like drongos, then that will be a worry.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Wonder how the Worcester defensive coach feels shipping 20 odd points to that Tigers side with there being other near misses
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Hollow victories 🙈
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Steward and Reffell impressed.

Would be fine with both those two in the seniors TBH with players like Thompson and Holmes around him.
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

RagingBull wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:49 pm Steward and Reffell impressed.

Would be fine with both those two in the seniors TBH with players like Thompson and Holmes around him.
And that’s it in a nutshell they need to have experienced players around them
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Mark62 wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:34 pm
Tigerbeat wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:33 pm I thought that Deacon was taking charge for the Prem Cup matches.
But surely Geordan must have some input

Both employed by the club and I trust that Deacon and Murphy work together in consort not in stove pipes.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
Scuttle
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scuttle »

Given that Worcester are first up in the Premiership, and must be a target away win, maybe Geordan did not want to show his hand in this game in terms of individuals and tactics.
As Good As It Gets
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

I believe that Geordan is banned at the moment and cannot be involved in the coaching.

Taken from BBC

Leicester Tigers head coach Geordan Murphy has received a three-game ban for verbally abusing match officials.

The Irishman accepted two charges brought by the RFU following his side's 32-31 defeat by Bath in their final Premiership fixture on 18 May.

The 41-year-old will be banned for the first three matches of the 2019-20 season and not be able to coach.

Murphy has also been fined £1,500 and told to write a letter of apology to the match officials.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Tigerbeat wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 6:12 pm I believe that Geordan is banned at the moment and cannot be involved in the coaching.

Taken from BBC

Leicester Tigers head coach Geordan Murphy has received a three-game ban for verbally abusing match officials.

The Irishman accepted two charges brought by the RFU following his side's 32-31 defeat by Bath in their final Premiership fixture on 18 May.

The 41-year-old will be banned for the first three matches of the 2019-20 season and not be able to coach.

Murphy has also been fined £1,500 and told to write a letter of apology to the match officials.
Of course that was our old friend CMK completely forgot about that. Thanks Tigerbeat
Systonite
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Systonite »

I saw enough at Sixways today to give some hope for the future. Defeat was expected if I'm honest, but effort was 100% throughout. I'm not complaining about our performance or attitude and I understand the resting of most likely first team starters in the circumstances that we face this season.
The problem is that our current selection policy for away games in this competition is not balanced. Other clubs - Worcester included - also treat this competition as a development/pre-season warm up job, but use a mixture that includes some senior players. This allows the team to function rather than receive hidings from which players and coaches find it difficult to learn and harder to impress.
norfolkexpat
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by norfolkexpat »

Tigers should never be in a position where they lose to Worcester in any competition. Murphy is on borrowed time, as are lot of the players today. Looking at it from a different angle, would Sarries infantas and stiffs lose toWorcester.. no they :censored: well wouldn't... another few months of mediocrity until we get a new Board and Coach.
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

Systonite wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:05 pm I saw enough at Sixways today to give some hope for the future. Defeat was expected if I'm honest, but effort was 100% throughout. I'm not complaining about our performance or attitude and I understand the resting of most likely first team starters in the circumstances that we face this season.
The problem is that our current selection policy for away games in this competition is not balanced. Other clubs - Worcester included - also treat this competition as a development/pre-season warm up job, but use a mixture that includes some senior players. This allows the team to function rather than receive hidings from which players and coaches find it difficult to learn and harder to impress.
Sarries team today;

15Obatoyinbo
14Crossdale
13Watson
12Tompkins
11Segun
10Vunipola
9Whiteley
1Adams-Hale
2Woolstencroft
3Ibuanokpe
4Kpoku
5Day
6Christie
7Reffell
8Earl

Bath;

Bath
15De Glanville
14Davis
13Willison
12Ojomoh
11Hamer-Webb
10Davies
9Cook
1Vaughan
2Walker
3Nixon
4Douglas
5Davies
6Davies
7Reid
8Merigan

Glaws:

Gloucester
15Dunn
14Morris
13Stanton
12Seabrook
11Rees-Zammit
10Evans
9Chapman
1Saville
2Walker
3Ford-Robinson
4Craig
5Linsell
6Gray
7Hinkley
8Clement

A lot of development teams with very few senior players out this weekend. Sale, Worcester and LI probably put the strongest teams out.

I agree that we should insert younger players into stronger teams so that they have a better chance to adapt and flourish at senior level. This weekend though is the first week of pre season games in all but name. If Wuss want to risk so many first team players this early then they are free to.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

norfolkexpat wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:59 pm Tigers should never be in a position where they lose to Worcester in any competition. Murphy is on borrowed time, as are lot of the players today. Looking at it from a different angle, would Sarries infantas and stiffs lose toWorcester.. no they :censored: well wouldn't... another few months of mediocrity until we get a new Board and Coach.
Murphy is being mentored by Pat Howard and its no secret that Tigers have invested heavily and have massive faith in him. He is certainly not on borrowed time as I believe Tigers are happy to give him as much as they think he needs to come good.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity