PRC Round 1 - Warriors vs Tigers

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Mark62
Super User
Super User

Re: PRC Round 1 - Warriors vs Tigers

Post by Mark62 »

GeoffNeil wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:11 pm Renewed my season ticket, even though money and time is tight nowadays because I believed something better was round the corner!!! Wished I had not and before I get it is only the beginning of the season etc etc, it is another 50+ point thrashing. not good enough for the supporters especially those that believed something better was around the corner. Personally I think all the coaches should go now so we don't get another season of rubbish.
Love people who only look at the headlines. Didn’t you see the team sheets before hand
MikeR
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by MikeR »

Sadly it was inevitable . With no other pre Season games it is vital that these matches are used to get out 1st team combinations up to speed and it looks as if we are carrying on just as usual . Realistically quite a few of that squad will be nowhere near the 1st Team and I really can't see the point in this selection . I suspect that the Clubs who select strong sides in this Competition will be the ones who do well in the early Premiership Rounds .. Unless Murphy changes tack things are not looking good .
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

Mark62 wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:09 pm I would like to hear from someone who was at the game before the likes of Ian Cant start jumping on the bandwagon.

From the clubs match feed there appears to have been at least a couple of instances where we’ve been attacking in their red zone, then inexperience or impatience has led to turnover ball and Worcester scoring.
Good that we scored last, but as JP14 said it was sort of inevitable, when you’ve got a near first 15 against a development/ academy side
so, Aspland-Robinson, Hardwick, Forsyth, Gigena, Wells, Reffell, Polota-N, Heyes and Worth are still in the academy/delevopment then?
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

First team combinations? Where? 🤔
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

MikeR wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:16 pm Sadly it was inevitable . With no other pre Season games it is vital that these matches are used to get out 1st team combinations up to speed and it looks as if we are carrying on just as usual . Realistically quite a few of that squad will be nowhere near the 1st Team and I really can't see the point in this selection . I suspect that the Clubs who select strong sides in this Competition will be the ones who do well in the early Premiership Rounds .. Unless Murphy changes tack things are not looking good .
I take your point but we are going to be without a minimum of 10 high class players until November, so if some of the 2nd string get injured it is important that some of these young lads have a run out.
I’m sure we’ll see a much stronger side on Friday night
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Anybody impress, Boladau, Costelow etc?

I think we knew Worcester were going to name a strong side, so if I was Murphy i would have still had the same intent but still would have gone with a slightly stronger squad.

There was some good points, we kept going to the last minute, pointing 23 points past a senior side is not to be sniffed at and our scrum from the sounds of it was very dominant. Worcester may have gained momentum but could have easily gained overconfidence at the same time?
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Just hope Murphy and the youngsters achieved what they set out to achieve in fielding this team. Its certain Murphy would have gained at least some insight into the levels of those taking part are actually at, post the pre season compared to where he thought they were at. Just hope this does not impact negatively on the confidence of the players.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

TigerCam wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:20 pm
Mark62 wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:09 pm I would like to hear from someone who was at the game before the likes of Ian Cant start jumping on the bandwagon.

From the clubs match feed there appears to have been at least a couple of instances where we’ve been attacking in their red zone, then inexperience or impatience has led to turnover ball and Worcester scoring.
Good that we scored last, but as JP14 said it was sort of inevitable, when you’ve got a near first 15 against a development/ academy side
so, Aspland-Robinson, Hardwick, Forsyth, Gigena, Wells, Reffell, Polota-N, Heyes and Worth are still in the academy/delevopment then?
I used the term development because I don’t like second string. Other than TPN none of the above are going to be pushing for 1st team selection initially. In fact they would normally be the inexperienced ones looking for guidance.
Take TPN out they’re all young.
Just my opinion of course
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

sapajo wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:25 pm Just hope Murphy and the youngsters achieved what they set out to achieve in fielding this team. Its certain Murphy would have gained at least some insight into the levels of those taking part are actually at, post the pre season compared to where he thought they were at. Just hope this does not impact negatively on the confidence of the players.
Good post
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

JP14 wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:23 pm Anybody impress, Boladau, Costelow etc?

I think we knew Worcester were going to name a strong side, so if I was Murphy i would have still had the same intent but still would have gone with a slightly stronger squad.

There was some good points, we kept going to the last minute, pointing 23 points past a senior side is not to be sniffed at and our scrum from the sounds of it was very dominant. Worcester may have gained momentum but could have easily gained overconfidence at the same time?
I think Murphy is right to stick with what he wants to do.
Another poster mentioned not listening to Pat Howard.
How does anyone know Pat didn’t suggest a gradual build starting with a young side
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

I thought that Deacon was taking charge for the Prem Cup matches.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Tigerbeat wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:33 pm I thought that Deacon was taking charge for the Prem Cup matches.
But surely Geordan must have some input
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Afaik Murphy was fully in charge,he stated in an interview it was wasn't a developmental competition this year. It's ended up another shellacking,as per
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Scott1 wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:37 pm Afaik Murphy was fully in charge,he stated in an interview it was wasn't a developmental competition this year. It's ended up another shellacking,as per
No it’s pre season. Another headliner who doesn’t bother looking at team sheets and setting realistic expectations
CitizenSmiff
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by CitizenSmiff »

I'm constantly amazed on here by the sheer quantity of posters who don't think we should be upset by losing all the time. It's frustrating, and I don't think there's anything wrong in expressing that.
Last edited by CitizenSmiff on Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.