Jordan Taufua

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Jordan Taufua

Post by Chobbsy »

When is he likely to arrive? I see he is still playing for Tasman in the Mitre 10 cup, he seems to be playing more rugby at the moment than if he was to go to the world cup.

The way Tasman are performing they are likely to get to the final. I really hope he won't be burnt out by the time he gets here, we really need him rested, fresh and raring to go at the start of the season.
God created rugby so footballers have heros too
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Re: Jordan Taufua

Post by sapajo »

According to Tigers tweet it will not be before the end of the world cup. Yes he will be knackered and burnt out so I would be astonished if you will see him play for Tigers this year.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

sapajo wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:46 pm According to Tigers tweet it will not be before the end of the world cup. Yes he will be knackered and burnt out so I would be astonished if you will see him play for Tigers this year.
He hasn't been starting every game for Tasman and he was on the bench for most of the Crusaders games so I don't think he'll be that tired
KevinR

Post by KevinR »

Indeed - this weekend was his first full game this season as far as I can remember. He played very little for Crusaders, who preferred Whetu Douglas for most of the campaign. It is hugely beneficial to us that Liam Squire isn't in the AB squad, as he and JT have been playing roughly half a game each in previous matches.

Not sure that there's any specific World Cup connection in terms of his arrival, other than the Mitre 10 final (26th October) and the World Cup Final (2nd November) being very close together.
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

KevinR wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:03 pm Indeed - this weekend was his first full game this season as far as I can remember. He played very little for Crusaders, who preferred Whetu Douglas for most of the campaign. It is hugely beneficial to us that Liam Squire isn't in the AB squad, as he and JT have been playing roughly half a game each in previous matches.

Not sure that there's any specific World Cup connection in terms of his arrival, other than the Mitre 10 final (26th October) and the World Cup Final (2nd November) being very close together.
I presumed he had stayed in NZ with the Mitre competition to stay fit and available for the ABs in case they wanted him as a late call up. Looks unlikely now.

He seemed to be rotated with Douglas and Read until he announced he was off and then he became more the bench option. Which makes sense.
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

sam16111986 wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:29 pm
I presumed he had stayed in NZ with the Mitre competition to stay fit and available for the ABs in case they wanted him as a late call up. Looks unlikely now.
That’s what Steven Donald said! :smt003
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Watched all, of the Tasman games highlights and as others have said he has either started and been replaced or been on the bench.
Again to agree with others he was very much used as a finisher by the Crusaders, so far from him being burned out, as the doom mongers would have it, he will just be nicely match sharp.
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

Keep him for Premiership games only, European games less important than qualifying for top competition next year.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:51 pm Keep him for Premiership games only, European games less important than qualifying for top competition next year.
I believe the back to back games are against Zebre so I would keep him Lavanini and any of the England boys who have a heavy schedule, Young’s, May, Tuilagi and possibly Ford until after that
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

Mark62 wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:04 pm
Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:51 pm Keep him for Premiership games only, European games less important than qualifying for top competition next year.
I believe the back to back games are against Zebre so I would keep him Lavanini and any of the England boys who have a heavy schedule, Young’s, May, Tuilagi and possibly Ford until after that
Maybe for the away leg. No game at WR should be taken lightly, every game at home is a must win until the fortress reputation is re-established.
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

sam16111986 wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:56 pm
Maybe for the away leg. No game at WR should be taken lightly, every game at home is a must win until the fortress reputation is re-established.
Its Calvisano
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

LE18 wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:01 pm

Its Calvisano
My apologies I knew it wasn’t Treviso and for some reason I thought it was Zebre. Calvisano of course
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

LE18 wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:01 pm

Its Calvisano
Don't care. Go for a record score or the TBP and then empty a bench of youngsters. Either way it's the chance for a statement of how seriously we'll take all games at WR. The fear factor has been allowed to fade, that needs to be brought back and quickly.
johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Post by johnthegriff »

Success in the European Challenge Trophy is a means of qualifying for the Champions Cup the following season so should be taken seriously, in fact very seriously.