Transfers and Rumours Non-Tigers 2019-20

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Re: Transfers and Rumours Non-Tigers 2019-20

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

strawclearer wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 10:15 pm Telegraph reporting Italy head coach Conor O’Shea agrees move to take up key role at RFU
I've just read the same thing. He has, apparently, done well in laying good foundations in Italy but it does seem strange to not 'see the job through' and I do wonder if there is a plan to relegate them from the 6N (pure speculation on my part)
wormus
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wormus »

longlivethecrumbie wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 10:23 pm
strawclearer wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 10:15 pm Telegraph reporting Italy head coach Conor O’Shea agrees move to take up key role at RFU
I've just read the same thing. He has, apparently, done well in laying good foundations in Italy but it does seem strange to not 'see the job through' and I do wonder if there is a plan to relegate them from the 6N (pure speculation on my part)
Sounds like a job for the boys! If he has "done well in laying good foundations in Italy!" then why is he not assigned to Venice RFC :smt045
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

Hearing that Saints have signed Kpoku for next season. Good business for them.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Leicestertinytiger wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 2:14 pm Hearing that Saints have signed Kpoku for next season. Good business for them.
Damn...
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
ABClub
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ABClub »

JP14 wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:08 pm
Leicestertinytiger wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 2:14 pm Hearing that Saints have signed Kpoku for next season. Good business for them.
Damn...
I just hope Tigers target Isiekwe. He's got to fancy more game time and if Sarries have to reduce their spending he's out of contract.
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

ABClub wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 5:39 pm
Damn...
I just hope Tigers target Isiekwe. He's got to fancy more game time and if Sarries have to reduce their spending he's out of contract.
2nd row is the last place we need to spend money IMO, Levanini, Spencer, Green, Wells, Jordan, Martin and Manz is pretty good stock
ABClub
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ABClub »

kpj tiger wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 6:41 pm
ABClub wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 5:39 pm

Damn...
2nd row is the last place we need to spend money IMO, Levanini, Spencer, Green, Wells, Jordan, Martin and Manz is pretty good stock
Depends how good the player you are targeting is IMO. Isiekwe is more talented than all those players. Martin is a physical freak who could be very good but he's years from where Isiekwe is in terms of development.

Isiekwe is excellent in tight, calls the line-out and he's huge in defence. One of the most talented forwards in the Prem in my opinion. If he's available then he's not the sort of player to miss out on.

He's also as good at blindside as he is at lock!
ABClub
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ABClub »

Liam Williams rumoured back to a Welsh region from Sarries.

Kieran Marmion rumoured to Sarries from Connacht.
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

ABClub wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 2:03 pm Liam Williams rumoured back to a Welsh region from Sarries.

I thought part of the reason William's move to Sarries was to be closer to his girlfriend who's based in London? The fact he could still play international rugby and get paid more just put the icing on the cake. If Sarries need to cut the wage budget down then there might not be much choice but to let him go.
ABClub
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ABClub »

sam16111986 wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 4:45 pm
ABClub wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 2:03 pm Liam Williams rumoured back to a Welsh region from Sarries.

I thought part of the reason William's move to Sarries was to be closer to his girlfriend who's based in London? The fact he could still play international rugby and get paid more just put the icing on the cake. If Sarries need to cut the wage budget down then there might not be much choice but to let him go.
Might be changes coming to 'Gatland's law' as well now that Gatland is leaving. Time will tell. Sarries have ludicrous depth at fullback though so could definitely bear the loss.

A few Sarries fans at the weekend mentioned that Malins is rumoured to be on Exeters radar as well. With Steenson and Dollman getting on a bit Malins could slot into that squad brilliantly.

It will be interesting to see how Will Witty and Tom Price come on under Rob Hunter. Forwards have a tendency to improve immeasurably under his coaching.
Smudger67S
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Smudger67S »

All Black duo Matt Proctor and Owen Franks are expected to arrive at Franklin's Gardens on Thursday.
Chris Boyd working wonders and attracting world class talent and been in charge at FG for one Premiership game longer than Geordan.
If at first you don't succeed .............. then skydiving isnt for you!!!!
ABClub
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ABClub »

Smudger67S wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 7:14 pm All Black duo Matt Proctor and Owen Franks are expected to arrive at Franklin's Gardens on Thursday.
Chris Boyd working wonders and attracting world class talent and been in charge at FG for one Premiership game longer than Geordan.
Good signings for Saints but I'd take Taufua and Lavanini over Proctor and Franks to be fair.

The key talent at Saints has come through the academy. Ludlam, Dingwall, Hutchinson and Furbank are all wonderful talents.

Their most important bit of recruitment in Reinach came under Mallinder and arrived to little fanfare at the time. He's been an unbelievable signing for them though.
TigerBoy1880
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by TigerBoy1880 »

They’ve signed a player from an English club before January? :smt017
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

ABClub wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 5:23 pm
sam16111986 wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 4:45 pm

Might be changes coming to 'Gatland's law' as well now that Gatland is leaving. Time will tell. Sarries have ludicrous depth at fullback though so could definitely bear the loss.
The young lad Gallagher looks like he'll be wearing the 15 shirt long time for Sarries and Goode's position in the team tended to push Williams onto the wing anyway. Sarries won't be too worried. As long as they can keep their hand on young Tompkins at centre I don't think they'll worry too much.
Smudger67S wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 7:14 pm All Black duo Matt Proctor and Owen Franks are expected to arrive at Franklin's Gardens on Thursday.
One game and an entire extra pre season with a settled coaching setup.