Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Re: Transfers and Rumours Non-Tigers 2019-20

Post by RagingBull »

happywomble wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:26 pm
strawclearer wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 6:29 pm Bristol Bears hunt Matt Kvesic after wrapping up Sinckler deal...

https://www.therugbypaper.co.uk/latest- ... kler-deal/
Wonder if Exeter are happy for him to go to free up space for an approach for Ben Earl?
Exeter have signed Hinkley from Gloucester so doubt it
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

Bristol have announced the re-signing of Mitch Eadie from Saints. Announcement on their Twitter feed.
ABClub
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ABClub »

Cobus Wiese is in talks with a few Prem clubs as well as Glasgow apparently due to his Sarries deal breaking down. He's a good player who would suit the Prem so I expect he will be picked up. Similar sort of physical lock/blindside to Mike Rhodes but younger.

Marco van Staden is rumoured to be the latest Bulls number 8 looking at moving to Europe. Having lost Vermeulen and Liebenberg for last season that would be hammer blow for the Bulls. He's a very good player though. Reminds me of Jono Ross in a lot of ways when I see him play.
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

ABClub wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 2:26 pm Cobus Wiese is in talks with a few Prem clubs as well as Glasgow apparently due to his Sarries deal breaking down. He's a good player who would suit the Prem so I expect he will be picked up. Similar sort of physical lock/blindside to Mike Rhodes but younger.

Marco van Staden is rumoured to be the latest Bulls number 8 looking at moving to Europe. Having lost Vermeulen and Liebenberg for last season that would be hammer blow for the Bulls. He's a very good player though. Reminds me of Jono Ross in a lot of ways when I see him play.
I'd very much like Van Staden here. Liebenburg, Taufua, Van Staden would be a bruising backrow. Suspect someone in France will swoop in with a very good offer for him though.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Van Staden isn't an 8. Maybe hes covered there I'm not sure but he definitely plays the majority of games on the flank
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
happywomble

Post by happywomble »

Wonder where Chris Robshaw is off to? Would have thought he had a few years left in him at least, so maybe not media or coaching quite yet. USA leagues or Japan may be a nice swansong!
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

Kriel leaves Gloucester mid-season...

https://www.rugbypass.com/news/kriel-ex ... mid-season
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
ABClub
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ABClub »

Peceli Yato out of contract and potentially moving on from Clermont due to changes in quotas for non French qualified players in the top 14 match day squads.

If Tigers are genuinely in the market for Moriarty (i.e. a marquee back row) then Yato would be a hell of a signing who would fit into a back row with Taufua and Liebenberg very nicely.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

happywomble wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 10:53 am Wonder where Chris Robshaw is off to? Would have thought he had a few years left in him at least, so maybe not media or coaching quite yet. USA leagues or Japan may be a nice swansong!
Having a trial in New York this week end for the same team that Ben Foden and Basterau play for .
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

sapajo wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 10:17 pm
happywomble wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 10:53 am Wonder where Chris Robshaw is off to? Would have thought he had a few years left in him at least, so maybe not media or coaching quite yet. USA leagues or Japan may be a nice swansong!
Having a trial in New York this week end for the same team that Ben Foden and Basterau play for .
Rugby United New York.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
ABClub
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ABClub »

Quins are apparently in talks with Pieter-Steph du Toit.
Richardfje

Post by Richardfje »

Sam Hidalgo-Clyne joined exeter on a short term deal, his 6th club in 2 years maybe we could use a player like that since shazam left?
AngusMcCoatup
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by AngusMcCoatup »

Richardfje wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 11:50 am Sam Hidalgo-Clyne joined exeter on a short term deal, his 6th club in 2 years maybe we could use a player like that since shazam left?
Six clubs in two years definately a "butterfly player" not what Tigers need with their young player prospects.
Furthermore I find double barrelled people indecisive particularly Scots!
To the world you may be just one person.
But to that one person you may be the world!
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

To sum up Daily Mail rumours about Saracens players not linked with Tigers:
  • Kpoku had agreed terms with Northampton but is holding fire to see whether Kruis or Skelton exit
  • Kruis has been offered a deal worth half a million a year in Japan
  • Ben Earl is going to go on a season-long loan to Bristol Bears
  • Ben Spencer is in advanced talks with Bath
  • Sale are favourites to sign Nick Isiekwe and Alex Lozowski
  • Richard Wigglesworth is in talks with Sale, perhaps as a coach
  • Vincent Koch is considering a year in the Championship, but has had offers from Bath and Sale, although I have heard he is to go back to SA probably his old team the Stormers
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
ABClub
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ABClub »

Sounds like Sonatane Takulua is moving to Toulon with immediate effect. Hammer blow for Falcons if true. Micky Young will do the job to get them promoted but is nothing on Takulua who is a brilliant and often underrated scrum-half.