Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Re: Transfers and Rumours Non-Tigers 2019-20

Post by Tiglon »

RagingBull wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 10:33 am
JP14 wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 8:54 am I thought there were two marquee players in a squad?
1 has to have been at the club for more than 2 seasons.
Or has not been in the premiership in the previous year.

Or at the club for one year but not as an excluded player, and not in the premiership the year before that.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Nick Grigg also rumoured off.
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

RagingBull wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 5:09 pm Nick Grigg also rumoured off.
Wasps and La Rochelle linked. Given the choice between Coventry and La Rochelle I know where I would be headed.
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Mike Rhodes immediately left Sarries today, did I hear correctly?
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

Gray to Exeter on 2 year deal confirmed!
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

fentiger wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 2:25 pm Gray to Exeter on 2 year deal confirmed!
Is this a case of Exeter saying "What's good for the goose...."?
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

WhitecapTiger wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 2:42 pm
fentiger wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 2:25 pm Gray to Exeter on 2 year deal confirmed!
Is this a case of Exeter saying "What's good for the goose...."?
More likely a case of Exeter saying Dave Dennis is getting on a bit and needs replacing plus we signed Holmes on a wedge and he's been useless so let's cash them in for Jonny Gray.

Rumours over possible fall out between Dombrandt and Gustard. He was benched Vs us and is left out all together this week. He's out of contract in the summer as well.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Saints are after him reportedly.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
ABClub
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ABClub »

The current Exeter squad has a huge number of forwards in it. They like signing Championship players (or comparable from abroad) and bringing them through but I expect a bit of a clear-out is coming in the summer of those not kicking on.

Gray is an excellent signing for Chiefs. He will partner Hill very well and allow Skinner to play at 6 which suits their game plan well.
ABClub
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ABClub »

JP14 wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 4:11 pm Saints are after him reportedly.
With Taufua playing flanker and Kalamafoni not getting any younger Dombrandt would fit in at Tigers pretty damn well.

Kalamafoni has been in good form this season with Taufua and Lavanini alongside but you'd presume his potential re-signing will be a lower contract that when we signed him whilst desperately needing at 8.
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

ABClub wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 8:58 pm
With Taufua playing flanker and Kalamafoni not getting any younger Dombrandt would fit in at Tigers pretty damn well.

Kalamafoni has been in good form this season with Taufua and Lavanini alongside but you'd presume his potential re-signing will be a lower contract that when we signed him whilst desperately needing at 8.
Kalamafoni will be 32 by the start of next season. I imagine he'll take a smaller salary if he give him the security of a two year deal. If we sign someone like Dombrandt so that he can rotate in and out of the side and continue his career for even longer all the better for him.

If we were to get Dombrandt and get Liebenburg back fit I wonder if we could push Kalamafoni into the second row. He did a bit there for Glaws. Having him and Lavanini behind our props plus the power of a Liebenburg, Taufua, Dombrandt backrow. That's beyond even Chiefs levels of heavy artillery.

I suspect they'll be a big queue for Dombrandt if he leaves Quins though
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

sam16111986 wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 9:37 pm

Kalamafoni will be 32 by the start of next season. I imagine he'll take a smaller salary if he give him the security of a two year deal. If we sign someone like Dombrandt so that he can rotate in and out of the side and continue his career for even longer all the better for him.

If we were to get Dombrandt and get Liebenburg back fit I wonder if we could push Kalamafoni into the second row. He did a bit there for Glaws. Having him and Lavanini behind our props plus the power of a Liebenburg, Taufua, Dombrandt backrow. That's beyond even Chiefs levels of heavy artillery.

We'll be aiming higher than Kalamafoni for lock.
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

strawclearer wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 9:49 pm

Depends who we let go. We will be up to the cap at the moment and with serious payrises for Genge and Ford already sorted then we are already looking to cut back. The squad has had several overhauls in recent years, whist we should always be looking to add quality at some point we'll need to stabilise so we can build something.
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

sam16111986 wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 9:55 pm

Depends who we let go. We will be up to the cap at the moment and with serious payrises for Genge and Ford already sorted then we are already looking to cut back. The squad has had several overhauls in recent years, whist we should always be looking to add quality at some point we'll need to stabilise so we can build something.
Agreed. A strong, available lock pairing that strikes fear into the opposition - any opposition - is long overdue.
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
ABClub
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ABClub »

strawclearer wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:13 pm
sam16111986 wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 9:55 pm
Agreed. A strong, available lock pairing that strikes fear into the opposition - any opposition - is long overdue.
If Matias Alemanno signs then I wouldn't be surprised if Spencer moves on to make room in the cap. Spencer's a good player but has injury issues and we need to a stronger starting lock pair. Alemanno and Lavanini have over a 100 caps between them. That'd be the best lock pairing Tigers have had since Parling and top form Slater together.

Said it many times I'd love Tigers to target Nick Isiekwe. He's an excellent set-piece lock, is good enough in the loose to play blindside for Sarries and he's a potential skipper. Just what our pack needs.