Transfers and Rumours Non-Tigers 2019-20

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Re: Transfers and Rumours Non-Tigers 2019-20

Post by kk20gb30 »

Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....
ABClub
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ABClub »

kk20gb30 wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 8:00 am Gloucester player - coach ?

https://www.ruck.co.uk/rumour-glouceste ... st-friend/
It's amazing that Waldouck is still playing after how injuries stalled his career. Similar to Richard Kahui still playing out in Japan. When he left NZ in 2011 with a RWC winners medal it looked like shoulder injuries had ended his career. Still playing a decade later.

Waldouck could have been a fantastic 13 had injuries not intervened. He was the natural successor to Fraser Waters at Wasps as a terrific defensive leader and he had some skills in attack.
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

kk20gb30 wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:56 pm Quins sign Scott Steele:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/53487492
Are Irish going to have any players left.
happywomble

Post by happywomble »

ABClub wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:07 am
kk20gb30 wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 8:00 am Gloucester player - coach ?

https://www.ruck.co.uk/rumour-glouceste ... st-friend/
It's amazing that Waldouck is still playing after how injuries stalled his career. Similar to Richard Kahui still playing out in Japan. When he left NZ in 2011 with a RWC winners medal it looked like shoulder injuries had ended his career. Still playing a decade later.

Waldouck could have been a fantastic 13 had injuries not intervened. He was the natural successor to Fraser Waters at Wasps as a terrific defensive leader and he had some skills in attack.
Waldouck to Gloucester confirmed - https://www.newcastlefalcons.co.uk/news ... gloucester
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Am I the only one that would be worried if i was a Gloucester fan?
They are good coaches but that is a very Wasps coaching team and it feels to me at least that Cipriani might well be the one who has been driving this all.
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

Robespierre wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 8:36 pm
Tiglon wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 10:00 am Honestly, I wouldn't believe a word of it. It all comes from Dominici and the people he represents - the people so wealthy that they could allegedly sign half the worlds best players but couldn't manage to purchase a French D2 club that would have cost less than a second hand Renault Clio.

The whole thing is laughable.
Indeed, the Emirati involvement was conceived without sufficient forward planning and fell flat on its face. However, I believe another proposition could be in the offing, that of former President of Stade Toulousain, René Bouscatel, who showed an interest earlier and withdrew, probably thinking he couldn’t compete with the Emirati offer. Watch this space!
And now I have read that the Emirati mafia may propose to become “shareholders” of the Beziers club!
Semper in excretia
ABClub
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ABClub »

RagingBull wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 3:32 pm Am I the only one that would be worried if i was a Gloucester fan?
They are good coaches but that is a very Wasps coaching team and it feels to me at least that Cipriani might well be the one who has been driving this all.
I know what you mean there RB. The best way to describe the Ackermann tenure at Gloucester is 'flattering to deceive' though.

From chatting to Gloucester fans I get the feeling they think there's enough quality in the squad for it to not slip into the relegation battle next season. So they are happy to see if the gamble on Skivington comes off and he gets more from a very talented squad than Ackermann did. Gloucester are only sitting 1 win above Tigers currently though...

I rate a lot of the Gloucester squad but Mostert, Grobler and Marais are big losses in the tight 5. Alemanno is a solid replacement for Mostert (a very difficult player to replace) but Garvey for Grobler is a step down in a key position. The depth Grobler stepping in whilst Mostert was away gave them was important IMO.

Singleton could have an impact but he took time to settle at Worcester and his first season back at Sarries wasn't exactly going great.

I really rate Jordy Reid as a signing. I think he could be a step-up on Ludlow and act as the glue between their strong 6s and 8s.
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

Agree with RB, look at their squad and coaching set up and just seems very makeshift and not planned out. Cipriani running the show? Who knows but they’ve got 6 class wingers and only a couple of locks.
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

Nick Easter to Newcastle:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/53515865

Decent appointment, but believe he will have his work cut out.Falcons vulnerable in a great many aspects .
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

...and another one (understandably) bites the dust:

https://www.gloucesterrugby.co.uk/2020/ ... w-zealand/
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

strawclearer wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 11:19 am ...and another one (understandably) bites the dust:

https://www.gloucesterrugby.co.uk/2020/ ... w-zealand/
Gloucester could have some issues in the front row, Mulipola is only there for the remainder of the 2019/20 season then the rumour is he's back to Falcons for 2020/21. Now no Hohneck as well. Glaws might want to have a chat with Alemmano to see if any of his larger mates want to come and join him.
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

Traveller
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Traveller »

Interesting reading Steve Diamond congratulating Steve Diamond for convincing MT to join Sale. Stevie Diamond pointing out that he Steve Diamond, had spoken to MT, and after that MT knew that Steve Diamond was the person he wanted to play for because he was Steve Diamond. Steve went on to say that unlike people that aren't Steve Diamond, he Steve Diamond is able to convince people that aren't Steve Diamond to play for him because he's Steve Diamond. I sometimes wish I was Steve Diamond, but sadly I'm not Steve Diamond.
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Traveller wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 5:40 pm Interesting reading Steve Diamond congratulating Steve Diamond for convincing MT to join Sale. Stevie Diamond pointing out that he Steve Diamond, had spoken to MT, and after that MT knew that Steve Diamond was the person he wanted to play for because he was Steve Diamond. Steve went on to say that unlike people that aren't Steve Diamond, he Steve Diamond is able to convince people that aren't Steve Diamond to play for him because he's Steve Diamond. I sometimes wish I was Steve Diamond, but sadly I'm not Steve Diamond.
In another I’m Steve Diamond interview, he was singing the praises of one of his existing centres, saying he could be the next Will Greenwood, and yet he has signed Hill and Tuilagi.
Do you think he’s related to Donald Trump.