Transfers and Rumours Non-Tigers 2019-20

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Re: Transfers and Rumours Non-Tigers 2019-20

Post by RagingBull »

I personally wouldn't touch another prem clubs players if they left due to pay dispute. (Well not unless Sale or someone screws us with a Manu deal).

Funny how I looked at the messageboards and loads of people saying how they should try to sign Manu or Veainu.
Then a week later Gloucester and Irish fans notice they are in the same position
ABClub
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ABClub »

RagingBull wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:33 pm I personally wouldn't touch another prem clubs players if they left due to pay dispute. (Well not unless Sale or someone screws us with a Manu deal).

Funny how I looked at the messageboards and loads of people saying how they should try to sign Manu or Veainu.
Then a week later Gloucester and Irish fans notice they are in the same position
Tigers have a big fan base who want to read Tigers stories, a lot of people like a fallen giant story and bad news stories sell so Tigers is basically a wet dream for a lot of lazy sports journalists.

The podcasts as well. They need clickbait type titles and soundbites. A couple of former Tigers players in Goodey and Jim slagging their old employer fits the bill. If Goode wasn't on the Wasps payroll he'd absolutely love commenting weekly on their financial position. Right up his street, takes minimal research but to a casual listener would sound like he's done a deep dive.
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

RagingBull wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:33 pm I personally wouldn't touch another prem clubs players if they left due to pay dispute. (Well not unless Sale or someone screws us with a Manu deal).

The ones I've seen have commented on how Manu probably wouldn't be value for money and that they should steer clear. Great player but doesn't play enough club minutes. A concern often raised on this forum as well.

I would hope that the PRL clubs provide a united front and make no offers to players from other side's until all clubs have reached agreements. Don't want infighting and agents running around driving up wages. Once agreements have been made across the league and the players who don't want to take those agreements have been made available then it should be open season. Difficult with no league cut off date mind.
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

Sale release a total of 10 players , those confirmed thus far , with others to follow:

https://www.premiershiprugby.com/2019/0 ... g-players/

In addition Mark Wlson returns to parent club Newcastle Falcons.
Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Luke Hamilton off to Oyannaux
happywomble

Post by happywomble »

Mark62 wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:15 am Luke Hamilton off to Oyannaux
Pleased to hear he has got a contract there - https://www.rugbypass.com/news/ex-scotl ... ylor-paris
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

billhemsley
Tiger Cub

Post by billhemsley »

Exeter teasing with a "mouth-watering signing later this month
From BBC Sport - "Interestingly, we have another name who we will be announcing in a week or two's time whose name will have everyone licking their lips," Baxter told the club website.
FrontRowUnionMember
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by FrontRowUnionMember »

Ryan Lamb.... I’d lick my lips, I love a lamb dinner.
billhemsley
Tiger Cub

Post by billhemsley »

[Ryan Lamb.... I’d lick my lips, I love a lamb dinner.]

I can't afford lamb on my pension! :smt003
chewbacca
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chewbacca »

billhemsley wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 7:23 pm Exeter teasing with a "mouth-watering signing later this month
From BBC Sport - "Interestingly, we have another name who we will be announcing in a week or two's time whose name will have everyone licking their lips," Baxter told the club website.
Oh not a new No 13 by any chance?
I'm not cynical just experienced
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Post by Chobbsy »

billhemsley wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 7:23 pm Exeter teasing with a "mouth-watering signing later this month
Me fears its Taufua :(
God created rugby so footballers have heros too
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Chobbsy wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:50 am
Me fears its Taufua :(
On what basis, why wait for 2 weeks if it is, and why would the club say they are still in negotiations with him.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

https://twitter.com/ExeterChiefs?ref_sr ... 2793947140

Clearly says young player.
Not sure 29 and 28 is considered young in Rugby.