Transfers and Rumours Non-Tigers 2019-20

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

JP14
Super User
Super User

Re: Transfers and Rumours Non-Tigers 2019-20

Post by JP14 »

Tom Marshall would be a good addition to the club.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
RunTigerRun
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by RunTigerRun »

JP14 wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:48 am Tom Marshall would be a good addition to the club.
Agree - but he is joining Ackerman in Japan according to reports.
teds
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by teds »

JP14 wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:59 am Harlequins have confirmed the 18 players that are leaving the club, Ibitoye is not one of them.
Wow. I’d seen a few but 18? What is going on?
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

teds wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:58 pm
JP14 wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:59 am Harlequins have confirmed the 18 players that are leaving the club, Ibitoye is not one of them.
Looking into it, Gustard is shelving the last of the Kingston signings (Bothma, Saili), also quite a few are retiring and the rest are either academy/development or had already been confirmed (Goneva, Kunatani, Sinckler etc). So not much really.
ABClub
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ABClub »

JP14 wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:39 pm
Looking into it, Gustard is shelving the last of the Kingston signings (Bothma, Saili), also quite a few are retiring and the rest are either academy/development or had already been confirmed (Goneva, Kunatani, Sinckler etc). So not much really.
The Quins squad had quite a few players in it who weren't performing. I like Gustard's recruitment for next season. The Saffa trio of Louw, Esterhuizen and Green should add to their squad. If Scott Baldwin can find his best form then they will have a strong front row.

Nathan Earle returning from injury and Joe Marchant from the Blues will be important for them too. Ibitoye would be a big loss though.

I really hope Jack Clifford can string some games together and find his best form. He is a terrific player when on song.
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

ABClub wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 5:12 pm
JP14 wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:39 pm

The Quins squad had quite a few players in it who weren't performing. I like Gustard's recruitment for next season. The Saffa trio of Louw, Esterhuizen and Green should add to their squad. If Scott Baldwin can find his best form then they will have a strong front row.

Nathan Earle returning from injury and Joe Marchant from the Blues will be important for them too. Ibitoye would be a big loss though.

I really hope Jack Clifford can string some games together and find his best form. He is a terrific player when on song.
Saili was a great player but injuries since he came to the northern hemisphere seem to have decimated hiss ability to carve a game open. He showed some flashes at Munster but not on the same level he did in Super Rugby. Real shame. Good move by Gustard to get him off the books and invest in a more solid workhorse option from SA, should help give Smith some more solidarity to work with.

Gustard must be hoping the Ealing front row he's acquired can step up. Quins props outside of Marler looked rather solid but uninspiring this season. Genge and Cole went through them like a hot knife through butter at Twickers (kept us in the game).

Quins needs some pragmatism to go with their attacking flair and I think Gustard is taking them in that direction.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Wilco Louw is a better scrummager than Sinckler.
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

Overshadowed by the weight of numbers departing 'quins sign Matas Jurevicius from London Scottish:
https://www.rugbypass.com/news/he-is-a- ... w-signing/

This next full season an important one for Paul Gustard , I feel.As is often the case the initial improvement and impact he brought faded somewhat and what we should soon be seeing is his own side employing his own methods.With that comes ultimate responsibility.
Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

JP14 wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:50 am Wilco Louw is a better scrummager than Sinckler.
It used to be nearly everyone is a better scrummager than Sinckler, credit to him though he has improved, but nowhere near top level, it's the rest of his game the raises his worth.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 9:26 am
JP14 wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:50 am Wilco Louw is a better scrummager than Sinckler.
It used to be nearly everyone is a better scrummager than Sinckler, credit to him though he has improved, but nowhere near top level, it's the rest of his game the raises his worth.
Sinckler has put in some top performances for England, but I don't think Quins have had great value from him the last year or two.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

kk20gb30 wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:45 am Overshadowed by the weight of numbers departing 'quins sign Matas Jurevicius from London Scottish:
https://www.rugbypass.com/news/he-is-a- ... w-signing/

This next full season an important one for Paul Gustard , I feel.As is often the case the initial improvement and impact he brought faded somewhat and what we should soon be seeing is his own side employing his own methods.With that comes ultimate responsibility.
What a surname that is!
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

https://twitter.com/skysportsrugby/stat ... 97601?s=21

Joe Marchant played his final game for the Blues this morning coming off the bench, despite lockdown you can see that he has really enjoyed it down under and he’s played some really good rugby (mostly at 14 with Rieko Ioane at 13).

The Blues will need to find an outside centre for next season as they can’t just rely on Ioane.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Gloucester making some sort of announcement at 7 o’clock. Could it be their new head coach?
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

JP14 wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:32 pm Gloucester making some sort of announcement at 7 o’clock. Could it be their new head coach?
Gloucester have appointed George Skivington as their new head coach, to replace the departed Johan Ackermann.
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives