Transfers and Rumours Non-Tigers 2019-20

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Rizzo, Tigerbeat, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Post Reply
Traveller
Silver Member
Silver Member
Posts: 513
Joined: Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:46 pm

Re: Transfers and Rumours Non-Tigers 2019-20

Post by Traveller » Wed Jun 03, 2020 2:51 pm

kpj tiger wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 2:32 pm
Dangerous4 wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 2:26 pm
Gloucester, I believe, are most certainly in trouble, especially financial. The exodus is not over imo, and I have a gut feeling that there are other internal issues. Not a great place for JM to have moved to maybe.
Saw a post from Charlie Morgan of the Telegraph last night pointing out that when JM left Gloucester he mentioned the coaching instability as a reason for leaving, then he arrives at Leicester which coincided with our worst period for coaching instability and just as it looks like we may have gotten over it moves back to Gloucester who appear to be going into a new period of coaching instability
It's weird that JM didn't have any sense of what was happening at Gloucs. He bided his time in making a decision. Given that he knows the club so well, how come he didn't get any signals at all.

RagingBull
Super User
Super User
Posts: 8234
Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:54 pm

Re: Transfers and Rumours Non-Tigers 2019-20

Post by RagingBull » Wed Jun 03, 2020 3:09 pm

Ethan Grayson, Callum Burns, Tom Litchfield, Dani Long-Martinez, Edward Prowse, and Kayde Sylvester given Saints senior academy contracts.

RagingBull
Super User
Super User
Posts: 8234
Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:54 pm

Re: Transfers and Rumours Non-Tigers 2019-20

Post by RagingBull » Wed Jun 03, 2020 3:11 pm

2020/21 SQUAD (*DENOTES INTEGRATED ACADEMY)
Tighthead prop
John Afoa
Jake Armstrong
Kyle Sinckler

Loosehead prop
Max Lahiff
Yann Thomas
Jake Woolmore
Andrew Turner*

Hooker
Will Capon
Harry Thacker
George Kloska*

Second row
Dave Attwood
John Hawkins
Ed Holmes
Joe Joyce
Chris Vui
Ben Bamber*
Alex Groves*

Back row
James Dun
Mitch Eadie
Ben Earl
Jake Heenan
Nathan Hughes
Steven Luatua
Dan Thomas
Fitz Harding*

Scrum half
Chris Cook
Harry Randall
Andy Uren
Blake Boyland*

Fly half
Tiff Eden
Callum Sheedy
Ioan Lloyd*
Tom Wilstead*

Centre
Sam Bedlow
Piers O’Conor
Siale Piutau
Charlie Powell
Semi Radradra
Harry Ascherl*
Jack Bates*

Back three
Toby Fricker
Alapati Leiua
Max Malins
Luke Morahan
Siva Naulago
Charles Piutau
Henry Purdy
Deago Bailey*
Freddie Owsley*

Mark62
Super User
Super User
Posts: 4168
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2017 4:16 pm

Re: Transfers and Rumours Non-Tigers 2019-20

Post by Mark62 » Wed Jun 03, 2020 3:11 pm

RagingBull wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 3:09 pm
Ethan Grayson, Callum Burns, Tom Litchfield, Dani Long-Martinez, Edward Prowse, and Kayde Sylvester given Saints senior academy contracts.
Another Grayson

happywomble
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 232
Joined: Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:53 am

Re: Transfers and Rumours Non-Tigers 2019-20

Post by happywomble » Wed Jun 03, 2020 3:42 pm

RagingBull wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 3:11 pm
2020/21 SQUAD (*DENOTES INTEGRATED ACADEMY)
Tighthead prop
John Afoa
Jake Armstrong
Kyle Sinckler

Loosehead prop
Max Lahiff
Yann Thomas
Jake Woolmore
Andrew Turner*

Hooker
Will Capon
Harry Thacker
George Kloska*

Second row
Dave Attwood
John Hawkins
Ed Holmes
Joe Joyce
Chris Vui
Ben Bamber*
Alex Groves*

Back row
James Dun
Mitch Eadie
Ben Earl
Jake Heenan
Nathan Hughes
Steven Luatua
Dan Thomas
Fitz Harding*

Scrum half
Chris Cook
Harry Randall
Andy Uren
Blake Boyland*

Fly half
Tiff Eden
Callum Sheedy
Ioan Lloyd*
Tom Wilstead*

Centre
Sam Bedlow
Piers O’Conor
Siale Piutau
Charlie Powell
Semi Radradra
Harry Ascherl*
Jack Bates*

Back three
Toby Fricker
Alapati Leiua
Max Malins
Luke Morahan
Siva Naulago
Charles Piutau
Henry Purdy
Deago Bailey*
Freddie Owsley*
Seems light in the front row, especially loose head. Presumably they will loose Sinckler to internationals. if they then have another prop injured, getting very thin! Same for hooker with Thackers dodgy neck.

kk20gb30
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 861
Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:01 pm
Location: Over The Hills & Far Away

Re: Transfers and Rumours Non-Tigers 2019-20

Post by kk20gb30 » Wed Jun 03, 2020 5:47 pm


happywomble
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 232
Joined: Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:53 am

Re: Transfers and Rumours Non-Tigers 2019-20

Post by happywomble » Wed Jun 03, 2020 7:12 pm

Tyrone Green to Quins confirmed

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/52914535

TigerMac3
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 174
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:30 pm

Re: Transfers and Rumours Non-Tigers 2019-20

Post by TigerMac3 » Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:29 am

Think Green will end up being a great grab by Quins. Think he would have done a really good job for us.

JP14
Super User
Super User
Posts: 5599
Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:37 am
Location: Neverland

Re: Transfers and Rumours Non-Tigers 2019-20

Post by JP14 » Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:04 pm

Fijian international Semi Kunatani has left Harlequins to Castres, shame that he never really made at Quins because he is some player.
"Our Greatest Glory Is Not In Never Failing, But In Rising Every Time We Fall" Confucius

JP14
Super User
Super User
Posts: 5599
Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:37 am
Location: Neverland

Re: Transfers and Rumours Non-Tigers 2019-20

Post by JP14 » Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:46 pm

Ben Te'o has temporally switched back codes to league to play in the NRL in Australia (which has resumed).
"Our Greatest Glory Is Not In Never Failing, But In Rising Every Time We Fall" Confucius

kk20gb30
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 861
Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:01 pm
Location: Over The Hills & Far Away

Re: Transfers and Rumours Non-Tigers 2019-20

Post by kk20gb30 » Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:38 pm

Worth a mention I feel...good to see Dan Carter take the field again :
https://www.rugbypass.com/news/dan-cart ... the-field/

Leicestertinytiger
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1709
Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:22 pm

Re: Transfers and Rumours Non-Tigers 2019-20

Post by Leicestertinytiger » Fri Jun 05, 2020 8:26 am

Bath confirm the signing of both Spencers and Schoeman. Also in the hunt for another fly half. Be interesting how they do next season with a very good squad.

Will Spencer I feel will be excellent for them. He was great for us but being first choice lock I feel was too much for his body to endure and had his injury issues because of it. With McGinty’s view on players needing to be fit to get maximum value, I can see why the decision was made.

For them, with Stooke and Ewels being first choice, Spencer will shine being rotated more and being an impact off the bench. Presumably he’ll be on a salary to match. Great player and great guy and one who I’ll miss.

RagingBull
Super User
Super User
Posts: 8234
Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:54 pm

Re: Transfers and Rumours Non-Tigers 2019-20

Post by RagingBull » Fri Jun 05, 2020 9:03 am

Also leavers
Lucas Noguera
Sam Nixon
Levi Douglas
Will Britton
Jack Davies
Matt Garvey
Francois Louw (Retirement)
Freddie Burns (Toyota Shokki Shuttles)
Chris Cook (Bristol)
Jackson Willison (Soyaux)
Rhys Webb (Ospreys)
Rhys Davies (Ospreys)
Alex Davies
Aled Brew
Tom Homer
Levi Davis

Levi Douglas will be a good signing for someone wouldn't even mind him at Tigers
Tom Homer would be another good most likely cheap

sam16111986
Super User
Super User
Posts: 3943
Joined: Thu Sep 11, 2008 6:27 pm
Location: Shepshed

Re: Transfers and Rumours Non-Tigers 2019-20

Post by sam16111986 » Fri Jun 05, 2020 9:17 am

RagingBull wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 9:03 am
Also leavers
Lucas Noguera
Sam Nixon
Levi Douglas
Will Britton
Jack Davies
Matt Garvey
Francois Louw (Retirement)
Freddie Burns (Toyota Shokki Shuttles)
Chris Cook (Bristol)
Jackson Willison (Soyaux)
Rhys Webb (Ospreys)
Rhys Davies (Ospreys)
Alex Davies
Aled Brew
Tom Homer
Levi Davis

Levi Douglas will be a good signing for someone wouldn't even mind him at Tigers
Tom Homer would be another good most likely cheap
Douglas is the mobile second row isn't he, always thought he would push on into their first team. Didn't he play backrow for a bit in France before coming back to England?

Tom Homer is a reliable all round full back. I imagine someone will pick him up quickly. Good player to have during the winter months with his experience and boot. Scores a few tries as well. Wouldn't mind him coming to Welford Road as squad cover. At 30 he's got a couple of years left and an experienced fullback who's good under the high ball would complement our youthful guys coming through.

JP14
Super User
Super User
Posts: 5599
Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:37 am
Location: Neverland

Re: Transfers and Rumours Non-Tigers 2019-20

Post by JP14 » Fri Jun 05, 2020 9:19 am

I wouldn’t mind either Douglas or Homer but I would imagine that neither are coming to Welford Road this season.
"Our Greatest Glory Is Not In Never Failing, But In Rising Every Time We Fall" Confucius

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AngusMcCoatup, Cardiff Tig, Coleshillad, Downsouth, Shortbloke66 and 2 guests