Youngs injured in pub brawl

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

BigDan50
Silver Member
Silver Member

Re: Youngs injured in pub brawl

Post by BigDan50 »

Agree you should defend yourself but they shouldn't have put there selves in that position in the first place.
If it was another premier team in that position many posters on this board would be very critical of them.
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

BigDan50 wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 4:15 pm Agree you should defend yourself but they shouldn't have put there selves in that position in the first place.
If it was another premier team in that position many posters on this board would be very critical of them.
Apart from a player doing pull ups we don't really know how the situation happened anyway, if that is all that happened it seems a bit extreme to me to start throwing punches at somebody for that
TigerBoy1880
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by TigerBoy1880 »

BigDan50 wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:19 am Just proves that Murphy has no control over the players and it's very clear they have no respect for him.
As I've said in previous post there is a group of senior players who run the club. A sorry state.
So you think this shows Murphy has no control of the players who were on a night off from training and playing?

I’m not sure I follow your way of thinking if I’m honest.

On your day off from work, do you have to answer to your boss? :smt017
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

TigerBoy1880 wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 4:40 pm
BigDan50 wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:19 am Just proves that Murphy has no control over the players and it's very clear they have no respect for him.
As I've said in previous post there is a group of senior players who run the club. A sorry state.
So you think this shows Murphy has no control of the players who were on a night off from training and playing?

Yes she has him in his apron doing the shake and vac!
TA30
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by TA30 »

About :censored: time they showed some spirit and fight. All too lacking last season.

Sounds like they showed great discipline away from home in a hostile environment not to react and throw any punches in return.

Furthermore great captaincy from Tom Youngs to calm tensions, leading from the front.

Genuinely think this experience could bring the group tighter, which can only be a good thing.
TigerBoy1880
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by TigerBoy1880 »

TA30 wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 5:50 pm About :censored: time they showed some spirit and fight. All too lacking last season.

Sounds like they showed great discipline away from home in a hostile environment not to react and throw any punches in return.

Furthermore great captaincy from Tom Youngs to calm tensions, leading from the front.

Genuinely think this experience could bring the group tighter, which can only be a good thing.
:smt038 :smt038
TigerBoy1880
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by TigerBoy1880 »

BFG wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 5:47 pm
TigerBoy1880 wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 4:40 pm

Yes she has him in his apron doing the shake and vac!
Oh yes, of course! Silly me! :smt003
teds
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by teds »

BigDan50 wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 4:15 pm Agree you should defend yourself but they shouldn't have put there selves in that position in the first place.
You remind me of another poster, who was just saying that Saracens had nothing to answer to over the salary cap abuses and that any criticism was just down to posters on this board being ... what was the expression, “green eyed”. Maybe you should a)wait for some facts, and b) allow forum members to speak for themselves .

For me this is bad publicity, and if glasses were thrown by any players, they should be punished. The club should also issue a public and unconditional apology to any other customers in the bar who were present and affected in any way. If you have ever been involved in a situation like this, you will understand that it can be very scary.
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

teds wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:43 pm
You remind me of another poster, who was just saying that Saracens had nothing to answer to over the salary cap abuses and that any criticism was just down to posters on this board being ... what was the expression, “green eyed”. Maybe you should a)wait for some facts, and b) allow forum members to speak for themselves .

For me this is bad publicity, and if glasses were thrown by any players, they should be punished. The club should also issue a public and unconditional apology to any other customers in the bar who were present and affected in any way. If you have ever been involved in a situation like this, you will understand that it can be very scary.
There is some rubbish written here. Players training hard out for a beer. Big news.
Bouncers playing macho with a group of fit muscled customers, worse used to happen down Belvoir street on a Saturday night, just ask any of the players from Hinckley Lions or South.

If the players were disrespecting the club and Murphy how come they reported the incident as soon as they got back to camp.

I’ll be glad when the season starts so these none stories are ignored
teds
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by teds »

Mark62 wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:04 pm
teds wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:43 pm

There is some rubbish written here. Players training hard out for a beer. Big news.
Bouncers playing macho with a group of fit muscled customers, worse used to happen down Belvoir street on a Saturday night, just ask any of the players from Hinckley Lions or South.

If the players were disrespecting the club and Murphy how come they reported the incident as soon as they got back to camp.

I’ll be glad when the season starts so these none stories are ignored
Sorry Mark62, are you saying I am talking rubbish? Perhaps you could explain what you disagree with?
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

You are saying this is bad publicity I’m saying that if they still used newspapers this would be fish and chip wrappers tomorrow.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but some are ready to jump on the bandwagon of what a mess we’re in at the slightest provocation
teds
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by teds »

Mark62 wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:09 pm You are saying this is bad publicity I’m saying that if they still used newspapers this would be fish and chip wrappers tomorrow.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but some are ready to jump on the bandwagon of what a mess we’re in at the slightest provocation
I am saying it’s bad publicity. If, and I repeat if, players were throwing glasses as missiles, then it will put people off encouraging their kids to play rugby, or bringing them to Tigers.

I have no idea where you work or what you do, but if you opened the newspaper to find that some of your colleagues had been in a bar brawl the night before, would you not say it was bad publicity? It’s got nothing to do with whether your company was in a mess or not, if it damages the brand I don’t see how it can be anything but bad publicity.
TigerBoy1880
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by TigerBoy1880 »

teds wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:29 pm
Mark62 wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:09 pm You are saying this is bad publicity I’m saying that if they still used newspapers this would be fish and chip wrappers tomorrow.

I am saying it’s bad publicity. If, and I repeat if, players were throwing glasses as missiles, then it will put people off encouraging their kids to play rugby, or bringing them to Tigers.

I have no idea where you work or what you do, but if you opened the newspaper to find that some of your colleagues had been in a bar brawl the night before, would you not say it was bad publicity? It’s got nothing to do with whether your company was in a mess or not, if it damages the brand I don’t see how it can be anything but bad publicity.
By reading the story I don’t see how anyone could think the players did much wrong. I personally don’t see how that would stop people coming to Tigers. Although, with how people overreact to things nowadays, it wouldn’t surprise me!
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

You make a valid point and I’m sure any responsible employer would investigate and take any necessary action.

My point is that this thing has been going on since the dawn of time, what has changed is the impact of social media and the speed these imho non stories are spread.
Also when are you off duty. If I did something, that wasn’t illegal but some felt uneasy with, if there was no way of tying me in with my employer what difference does it make.
Were the players in identifiable kit or were they recognised.
Again only my opinion but I’m a firm believer in just because you are in the public eye doesn’t mean you can’t let your hair down once in a while
teds
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by teds »

Mark62 wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:42 pm You make a valid point and I’m sure any responsible employer would investigate and take any necessary action.

My point is that this thing has been going on since the dawn of time, what has changed is the impact of social media and the speed these imho non stories are spread.
Also when are you off duty. If I did something, that wasn’t illegal but some felt uneasy with, if there was no way of tying me in with my employer what difference does it make.
Were the players in identifiable kit or were they recognised.
Again only my opinion but I’m a firm believer in just because you are in the public eye doesn’t mean you can’t let your hair down once in a while
I totally agree it’s the rise of social media and the security cameras and smart phones that feed them that have changed the situation. That said the situation has changed and players need to be more discrete than when we were lads.

Also, in this case it’s clear that the players were tied to their employers, and the really frustrating thing is that this kind of situation can generally be smoothed over before things escalate, and it sounds like credit is due to Tom Youngs for trying to do that.