Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Re: Premiership table 2019/20

Post by WhitecapTiger »

Scuttle wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:14 pm
WhitecapTiger wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 5:44 pm
strawclearer wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:43 pm I've chickened out by doing 3 blocks of 4 in alphabetical order...

Gloucs
Exeter
Sarries
Tigers
You're having a laugh with that first four.... :smt002 :smt002
I don't see why he is having a laugh. It is the same top 4 as me, indeed Strawclearer's blocks of 4 are all the same as mine so good man Strawlearer......and to back it up I had a tenner on Tigers to win the Premiership last season. We belong to the "confident, if wrong" group of sup porters 😂😂
Oh dear, obviously clearly I was having 'a moment'....and it was lost on some.....

Have a look at the initial letters of Strawclearer's list..... and see a slightly mis-spelt (but sometimes similar pronunciation) of something that may resemble a joke.... hence having a laugh.....allowing for some artistic licence of course...

Never the same when you have to explain it.... :smt002
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
Scuttle
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scuttle »

WhitecapTiger wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:00 pm

I don't see why he is having a laugh. It is the same top 4 as me, indeed Strawclearer's blocks of 4 are all the same as mine so good man Strawlearer......and to back it up I had a tenner on Tigers to win the Premiership last season. We belong to the "confident, if wrong" group of sup porters 😂😂
Oh dear, obviously clearly I was having 'a moment'....and it was lost on some.....

Have a look at the initial letters of Strawclearer's list..... and see a slightly mis-spelt (but sometimes similar pronunciation) of something that may resemble a joke.... hence having a laugh.....allowing for some artistic licence of course...

Wow!!! I got there in the end but it took a few attempts.That was good I have to say. In my defence I was only using your comment as a source for something equally light-hearted and was not seriously challenging the statement. I always enjoy The Forum more when it generates humour. :smt002
As Good As It Gets
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

:smt038 :smt038 :smt038 :smt038 :smt038
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
h's dad
Super User
Super User

Post by h's dad »

Well spotted. I will stick with my pedant's hat and argue that it simply won't work until the Reds get promoted.
I am neither clever enough to understand nor stupid enough to play this game
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

Scuttle wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:58 pm

Wow!!! I got there in the end but it took a few attempts.That was good I have to say. In my defence I was only using your comment as a source for something equally light-hearted and was not seriously challenging the statement. I always enjoy The Forum more when it generates humour. :smt002
:smt005 :smt023
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
Dangerous4
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dangerous4 »

1 - Saracens
2 - Sale
3 - Exeter
4 - Gloucester
5 - Tigers
6 - Northampton
7 - Wasps
8 - Harlequins
9 - Bath
10 - Bristol
11 - London Irish
12 - Worcester
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

I personally don’t think Sale have the squad depth to be Top 2, especially in the backline.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
TTRITH
Super User
Super User

Post by TTRITH »

1. Exeter
2. Gloucester
3. Saracens
4. Northampton
5. Tigers
6. Bristol
7. Sale
8. Harlequins
9. Bath
10. Wasps
11. Irish
12. Worcester

I think 4 to 8 will be interchangeable in my mind, but in fairness I don't see Exeter running away with it either. Boyd did an excellent job with Saints last season and think he will build on that this year, genuinely think our pack will be at another level this season, Bristol will continue to build, Sales investment will all come down to how they settle and Gustard is building something at Quins. It's going to exceptionally close.

I'm not going to predict it, but I wouldn't be surprised if England were to have a good world cup that Sarries struggle in the league. They've got a great team ethic but it's how do you get them back up again after a successful world cup campaign to go again in the league. Also fully expecting the announcement that the league will go up to 13 in March (ish) time so we'll see how that impacts the end of season run in.

For us to be successful we have to rebuilt the Welford Road fortress. Win all your games at home and that's 44 points, at least two away wins against the bottom two sides and 12 bonus points (the average last season), you're in the Top 4 (on last years table) at 64 points. In my mind that should be the target.
Richard Burnett
:axe: :smt100
ay2oh
Super User
Super User

Post by ay2oh »

Don’t forget we will also have 6 England players+ Kalamafoni, Lavanini and possibly Holmes and Veainu at the World Cup so hopefully won’t impact on us too much :smt023
A2O
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

ay2oh wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 2:00 pm Don’t forget we will also have 6 England players+ Kalamafoni, Lavanini and possibly Holmes and Veainu at the World Cup so hopefully won’t impact on us too much :smt023
Along with other international players who could be on the injury call up radar:
Kerr, Gigena, Cortes, Leatigaga
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

TTRITH wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:27 am
3. Saracens

I'm not going to predict it, but I wouldn't be surprised if England were to have a good world cup that Sarries struggle in the league. They've got a great team ethic but it's how do you get them back up again after a successful world cup campaign to go again in the league.
Have you seen the side that Sarries could put out without those on World Cup duty? :smt107
Rhys Carre and Jack Singleton will also very likely be fresh if they go to the World Cup and Mako might yet get a good rest!
Raimond
Tiger Cub

Post by Raimond »

JP14 wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 7:25 am I personally don’t think Sale have the squad depth to be Top 2, especially in the backline.
Hammersley, Ashton, Solomona, Yarde, McGuigan, Sam and Luke James. We'd take it! Can't believe they're the long odds they are, I think they'll have a great chance of top 4
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Back 3 Sale do have the depth but if Faf has an injury then it can all go downhill.
Louis

Post by Louis »

Bunchy wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:30 pm 1. Tigers
11. Saints
12. Wasps

There - Ive given you some help !!! :smt030
1) Rarely in my life have I ever seen anything so offensive, outrageous, and just down right wrong-headed.

All Tigers fans should know it's:

11. Wasps
12. Stains (Relegated)

Tsk.

(Yes. Humour)

2) Top 6 would suit me. Obviously I hold higher ambitions and have my Optimist's Tenner on a Tigers winning season, but after last season my feeling is that the final reality will be more modest.

3)

Saracens
Exeter
Northampton
Gloucester
Bath
Leicester
Wasps
Sale
Harlequins
Bristol
Worcester
London Irish
Louis

Post by Louis »

TTRITH wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:27 am
<SNIP>

For us to be successful we have to rebuilt the Welford Road fortress. Win all your games at home and that's 44 points, at least two away wins against the bottom two sides and 12 bonus points (the average last season), you're in the Top 4 (on last years table) at 64 points. In my mind that should be the target.
I rather like that as a target. May it be so!