Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

anz3001
Silver Member
Silver Member

Re: Players retirement

Post by anz3001 »

teds wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 6:58 pm
anz3001 wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 7:22 pm That said, the clubs and RFU maybe should have a hand but I don’t think HMRC etc should make provisions.
Sorry anz, are you saying you don’t think HMRC should make any provision at all, or that you think the provisions they make currently are exactly right, and no changes are needed?
teds, my opinion is that rugby players shouldn’t get any special provisions from HMRC.
teds
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by teds »

anz3001 wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 8:38 pm
anz3001 wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 7:22 pm That said, the clubs and RFU maybe should have a hand but I don’t think HMRC etc should make provisions.
Sorry anz, are you saying you don’t think HMRC should make any provision at all, or that you think the provisions they make currently are exactly right, and no changes are needed?
teds, my opinion is that rugby players shouldn’t get any special provisions from HMRC.
So you think HMRC should change their current policy and exclude rugby players from the benefits that
are currently available to them. We’ll just have to disagree.
anz3001
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by anz3001 »

teds wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:35 pm
anz3001 wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 8:38 pm

So you think HMRC should change their current policy and exclude rugby players from the benefits that
are currently available to them. We’ll just have to disagree.
Well I’m happy to disagree but it’s a tough one to gauge as I have no idea what special provisions are currently in place specifically for rugby players.

There seems to be some very emotive responses to this question which I don’t really understand. Elite sports people can all suffer career ending injuries......but then, so can we all. Should every career have special provisions? Military, emergency services, security, road side recovery, highway maintenance, the list goes on. What makes rugby players so special?