Saracens are relegated!

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Traveller
Silver Member
Silver Member

Re: Saracens Cap Investigation

Post by Traveller »

I would have thought Saracens would have wanted a very public 'all clear' on this.

It was made very public in March that an investigation was to be launched into whether or not they were guilty of salary cap breaches. Whether they were guilty of buying their success. The sort of thing that in the Olympics would means a medal is taken away from an athlete. Ditto cycling .................Instead. Nothing. I would have thought Nigel Wray would have been in the media demanding that the findings are made public and the matter is closed. Nothing.
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

We are on the eve of a new season of Premiership Rugby with the English and European champions still having this cloud hovering above them.Strongly believe that this needs both resolution and closure for the good of the sport.
Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

To be honest, there’s no rush as any punishment would be subject to lengthy legal challenges by Saracens anyway.
CrumblingTerrace
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by CrumblingTerrace »

It's surprising and disappointing that the rugby press are making so little of this. Where are the journos holding Saracens and Premiership Rugby to account for resolving this?

In PR's own words, the salary cap exists to
"Ensure the financial viability of all clubs... and provide a level playing field for clubs to ensure a competitive Gallagher Premiership Rugby competition."
Has that happened?
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

CrumblingTerrace wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 8:13 am It's surprising and disappointing that the rugby press are making so little of this. Where are the journos holding Saracens and Premiership Rugby to account for resolving this?
Unfortunately I think they will generally avoid making too much of a fuss - certainly before any punishment is announced or imminent - as they don’t want to burn their bridges with the country’s top club.

Any serious investigative journalism would more likely come from a non-mainstream (English rugby) journo, and night take a considerable amount of time given most of the evidence is currently in use.
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

Cynic in me sees the world cup as something of an encumbrance to a resolution at this juncture , with the England squad containing some very prominent Saracen players.
Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....
bbfb10
Tiger Cub

Post by bbfb10 »

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/rugby ... ame=iossmf

Hopefully be hearing some news soon. I read on a different forum a £1.8m fine, salary cap cut by £900,000, and losing 24 points may be the result.
anz3001
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by anz3001 »

How they going to cut the cap? That would essentially force them to get rid of players. players being employees, which surely can’t just be dumped?
bbfb10
Tiger Cub

Post by bbfb10 »

I guess they would have to look at contract renewals, not re-sign a number of players?
daktari
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by daktari »

If it’s a delayed announcement to avoid upsetting England, it’s doesn’t look good for Sarries.
find a better way of life, http://www.marillion.com

marillion 19, coming ....er not sure..
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

daktari wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:51 pm If it’s a delayed announcement to avoid upsetting England, it’s doesn’t look good for Sarries.
I think we’ve known ever since the story of the business set ups (etc) broke that this could be a major issue. If it is true that PRL do not know the outcome yet (as it would undoubtedly be leaked by someone if they did), then withholding it from them - and everyone else - until post RWC makes very good sense.

In the meantime, I think a 35pt deduction applied this season, a cap reduction and a recruitment ban of some description are in order.
BengalTiger

Post by BengalTiger »

Any breaking of the cap should negate the results for the season in question as they cheated to get the results, this is what happens in other sports, how many Tour de France's has Lance Armstrong to his name Zero because he was found guity of cheating to win them, the same should apply to Sarries if found in breach of the agreement.
Fines and deductions going forward as well, and make them play in bare feet forever ( OK, the last one is a joke as I am sounding a bit hang em and flog em)
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

Ryan Kisiel seemed to be hinting in now deleted tweets that Sarries have been found guitly and will be docked 35 points
TigerBoy1880
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by TigerBoy1880 »

kpj tiger wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 5:31 pm Ryan Kisiel seemed to be hinting in now deleted tweets that Sarries have been found guitly and will be docked 35 points
:smt003 I hope he is right! I’ll have the biggest grin on my face for days if true!
fortysix
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by fortysix »

Serves them right. Presumably they will have to offload a shedload of players, who can we snaffle. George would be a good starter, and Skelton, wow. A million times better than our locks apart from Thomas.. And Spencer, please.