Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Scott1
Super User
Super User

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2019/20 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD

Post by Scott1 »

Yes Mark Wilson,season loan
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Ian Cant »

Now this is a player we could do with but maybe in the grand scheme of things, long term stability of a playing squad, Wilson isn’t the answer.
However, maybe worth gambling the loan could become permanent as Newcastle might not get promoted! Can we afford, both financially and by losing another player to England? Not sure! The last I heard from folks who follow Sale, he is going there!
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

We don’t need him, we actually have a half decent back row for next season and can’t see him fitting in.
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

Fissler: "Interesting to read on Rugby Pass that Leicester Tigers are still in the hunt for Mark Wilson. Couldn’t be more ill informed he completed a loan move to Sale Sharks last week."
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

Leicestertinytiger wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 9:59 pm We don’t need him, we actually have a half decent back row for next season and can’t see him fitting in.
you can never have too many good players
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

Leicestertinytiger wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 9:59 pm We don’t need him, we actually have a half decent back row for next season and can’t see him fitting in.
An extra body if Denton needs either a longer period of rest or to retire would be helpful. Wilson is supposed to be available on a loan which might suit us.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

According to Fissler on Twitter Mark Wilson has already signed a loan deal with Sale.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Wilson is a great player who’s versatility, experience and leadership we could do with, yes we won’t have him for the World Cup and the Six Nations but you would hope we have enough backrow cover.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Post by johnthegriff »

Has sam16111986 actually seen the facilities at Oval Park, the fitness and recovery suite etc to compare it with Loughborough. I have not myself seen much more than the pitch where we play A League matches at Loughborough, I have no doubt that they have excellent running tracks and multi-sport facility but Leicesters dedicated rugby unit at Oval Park is pretty impressive.
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

johnthegriff wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:04 am Has sam16111986 actually seen the facilities at Oval Park, the fitness and recovery suite etc to compare it with Loughborough. I have not myself seen much more than the pitch where we play A League matches at Loughborough, I have no doubt that they have excellent running tracks and multi-sport facility but Leicesters dedicated rugby unit at Oval Park is pretty impressive.
Only what's been shown on social media and the work they have done over the last few years does look to have raised the standard. I have played on the dreadful shared pitches.

I have seen some of the basic facilities at Loughborough though (not the elite bits) and they are ridiculous. Loughborough Uni's facilities are good enough to have been used by England Rugby Women, England Rugby Men and England Rugby League Men at various times over the last decade.

As it's preseason and most of the work will be on S&C I'd have thought the state of the art facilities at Loughborough Uni where they not only have a massive gym but also a suite of physio and lab testing facilities might also help.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Dillian Whyte and his team train at Loughborough and he is on the verge of a heavyweight world title shot.
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Traveller
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Traveller »

Given Loughborough University's worldwide reputation (not only but particularly) in terms of elite sport. I'm sure they would welcome Leicester Tigers (for pre-season), but the sheer presence of Tigers would add nothing very little to the Loughborough brand. In terms of elite performance they operate on a completely different level.

Whoever buys Tigers would be well advised to go to Loughborough University and learn how it has become what it is today.
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

Weren't Loughborough Students relegated last season!
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

They was although not sure on the point?
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

RagingBull wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 2:04 pm They was although not sure on the point?
The facilities didn't stop it!