LEICESTER TIGERS 2019/20 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD Part 1

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Dangerous4
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2019/20 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD

Post by Dangerous4 »

Hot_Charlie wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:56 pm Are people talking about Jake Kerr, international hooker?

I think he’ll be nailed on starter in the 2 shirt far earlier than the end of the season. GF will captain the side with OTY remaining as “club captain”.
I think you are right.
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

Not sure if this is quite right for an away strip but it might do for tomorrow?

https://www.harrods.com/en-gb/mini-rodi ... 0006253126
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
FrontRowUnionMember
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by FrontRowUnionMember »

Well, I guess the timing would coincide with Liebenberg going out of Super Rugby comp.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Popcorn Tuesday?
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Different kind of Popcorn Tuesday today!
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

JP14 wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:31 am Different kind of Popcorn Tuesday today!
Wouldn't mind betting that we will see a true popcorn Tuesday after the for sale notice has gone up for no other reason than to try to keep us happy. Cannot understand why we haven't announced which development squad members have been promoted or are leaving. That can't be that the players don't want it made public because of current club commitments.
Hehehehehehehehe
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

trendylfj wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:53 am
Wouldn't mind betting that we will see a true popcorn Tuesday after the for sale notice has gone up for no other reason than to try to keep us happy. Cannot understand why we haven't announced which development squad members have been promoted or are leaving. That can't be that the players don't want it made public because of current club commitments.
They have pretty much
Mahoney leaving

Heyes, Lewis, Reffell, White, simmons, Hardwick, Olowofela all have had contract announcements.
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

RagingBull wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:54 am
They have pretty much
Mahoney leaving

Heyes, Lewis, Reffell, White, simmons, Hardwick, Olowofela all have had contract announcements.
Seen the contract announcements but they are still listed as dev squad members - surely they all should be confirmed as senior squad members by now
Hehehehehehehehe
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

trendylfj wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:08 am
RagingBull wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:54 am

They have pretty much
Mahoney leaving

Seen the contract announcements but they are still listed as dev squad members - surely they all should be confirmed as senior squad members by now

That stuff usually the last to get updated during pre season sometime.
For example none of the U18's have moved up despite the club saying officially that whitecombe and Everleigh have senior development contracts.
WildGoose
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by WildGoose »

Hot_Charlie wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:56 pm Are people talking about Jake Kerr, international hooker?

I think he’ll be nailed on starter in the 2 shirt far earlier than the end of the season. GF will captain the side with OTY remaining as “club captain”.
Agree with this 100%, OTY has been a great servant but I'm not even convinced he's in the best 2 hookers, let alone the starter.

My view is that Kerr should get a run at the shirt, the club need to give the younger lads more experience and game time or they'll go elsewhere.

Would like to see more of Hardwick next season in particular.
MikeR
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by MikeR »

I think Kerr should start as 1st choice Hooker next Season - we need to move on . The same with Hardwick - he needs game time to improve and get experience . For me Heyes is completely unproven at Premiership level - a few brief cameo appearances not all of which have gone well . He needs to start so that we can see if he really does have the potential to be more than a promising youngster .
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

MikeR wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:57 pm I think Kerr should start as 1st choice Hooker next Season - we need to move on . The same with Hardwick - he needs game time to improve and get experience . For me Heyes is completely unproven at Premiership level - a few brief cameo appearances not all of which have gone well . He needs to start so that we can see if he really does have the potential to be more than a promising youngster .
He started against Scarlets and did well in the scrum against an international loosehead. About the only area we did well that day. Heyes has generally been good off the bench there's some work to do but considering he's only 19 I'd say he's doing ok. At that age Dan Cole was not as accomplished at the dark arts of the scrum.
MurphysLaw
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MurphysLaw »

Jan McGinity now confirmed. Also a new role for Glynn. www.leicestertigers.com/news/tigers-exp ... d-the-team

Other reports suggest that Ford is also staying, and Pat Howard is to have a 'mentoring role', one week a month, to help Geordan push through the changes he wants to see.
Grimlish
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Grimlish »

Other reports suggest that Ford is also staying
Which one?
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

The mirror and TBH I think Cohen suggested it in a report that he would be staying for another season potentially.