Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2019/20 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD

Post by trendylfj »

:smt023
RagingBull wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:41 am The mirror and TBH I think Cohen suggested it in a report that he would be staying for another season potentially.
Hehehehehehehehe
TomWeston
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TomWeston »

MurphysLaw wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:29 am Jan McGinity now confirmed. Also a new role for Glynn. www.leicestertigers.com/news/tigers-exp ... d-the-team

Other reports suggest that Ford is also staying, and Pat Howard is to have a 'mentoring role', one week a month, to help Geordan push through the changes he wants to see.
"With the largest rugby stadium in Premiership Rugby..."

The Ricoh holds 32k and is now a rugby only stadium.
brooksey845

Post by brooksey845 »

sam16111986 wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:24 pm
MikeR wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:57 pm I think Kerr should start as 1st choice Hooker next Season - we need to move on . The same with Hardwick - he needs game time to improve and get experience . For me Heyes is completely unproven at Premiership level - a few brief cameo appearances not all of which have gone well . He needs to start so that we can see if he really does have the potential to be more than a promising youngster .
He started against Scarlets and did well in the scrum against an international loosehead. About the only area we did well that day. Heyes has generally been good off the bench there's some work to do but considering he's only 19 I'd say he's doing ok. At that age Dan Cole was not as accomplished at the dark arts of the scrum.
I am sorry, you think dropping Heyes to start over Cole is a good idea. Part of the reason Cole is so good is he played behind White and Castro for so long developing and learning off them then getting the od 10-15 minutes off the bench. To early to soon in the prem more than happy with his development.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

TomWeston wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:59 am
MurphysLaw wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:29 am Jan McGinity now confirmed. Also a new role for Glynn. www.leicestertigers.com/news/tigers-exp ... d-the-team

Other reports suggest that Ford is also staying, and Pat Howard is to have a 'mentoring role', one week a month, to help Geordan push through the changes he wants to see.

Ahh yes but it wasn't purpose-built for rugby, Welford Road was.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

In the most tenuous and legally controversial circumstances. It isn’t a purpose built rugby stadium either. When they can afford to change the colour of the seats it might be a little more convincing.
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

Good to see Glynn being given a role that suits what he does best.
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

JP14 wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:48 pm Sorry to disgree but I see Quins winning the league under Gustard, not next season but definitely the season after.
I don't know if Quins will challenge by then but I think you are right to suggest that Quins will go in the right direction under Gustard.
If he is given time to build I can see them eventually challenging Sarries.
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

Hot_Charlie wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:15 am

In the most tenuous and legally controversial circumstances. It isn’t a purpose built rugby stadium either. When they can afford to change the colour of the seats it might be a little more convincing.
might be cheaper for them to just play in sky blue and stop pretending to be the old Wasps
loretta
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by loretta »

Jimmy Skitz wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:59 pm
Hot_Charlie wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:15 am

might be cheaper for them to just play in sky blue and stop pretending to be the old Wasps
Given the size of the gate (deducting free tickets), they could just save all the money, and do a ground share with Cov rugby instead! :smt005
In my defence, I was left unsupervised….
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

brooksey845 wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:02 am
sam16111986 wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:24 pm
MikeR wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:57 pm I think Kerr should start as 1st choice Hooker next Season - we need to move on . The same with Hardwick - he needs game time to improve and get experience . For me Heyes is completely unproven at Premiership level - a few brief cameo appearances not all of which have gone well . He needs to start so that we can see if he really does have the potential to be more than a promising youngster .
He started against Scarlets and did well in the scrum against an international loosehead. About the only area we did well that day. Heyes has generally been good off the bench there's some work to do but considering he's only 19 I'd say he's doing ok. At that age Dan Cole was not as accomplished at the dark arts of the scrum.
I am sorry, you think dropping Heyes to start over Cole is a good idea. Part of the reason Cole is so good is he played behind White and Castro for so long developing and learning off them then getting the od 10-15 minutes off the bench. To early to soon in the prem more than happy with his development.
Where and when did advocate dropping Dan? Cole is the first choice. Next season with Leitagaga and Heyes as additional options then we can afford to rotate and sub Dan earlier in games so he is fresher for longer but come the big games there's only one man we all want in the 3 shirt.
BFG wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:06 pm
JP14 wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:48 pm Sorry to disgree but I see Quins winning the league under Gustard, not next season but definitely the season after.
I don't know if Quins will challenge by then but I think you are right to suggest that Quins will go in the right direction under Gustard.
If he is given time to build I can see them eventually challenging Sarries.
Agreed can't see Quins winning the title in the short term but can see them regularly in the top 4/6 under Gustard. If young Smith takes a big development leap over the next couple of seasons maybe a title shot could come to pass.
MikeR
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by MikeR »

i did not advocate dropping Cole for Heyes , but if Heyes is to progress to be a Premiership player he needs more than 2 or 3 minutes at the end of each game .
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

Appears Jack Van Poortvliet, Jonny Law and Ollie Ashworth have all been promoted alongside the ones we already knew

Also I think Jordan Coghlan is in one of the pre-season photo's uploaded by the club
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

MikeR wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 2:58 pm i did not advocate dropping Cole for Heyes , but if Heyes is to progress to be a Premiership player he needs more than 2 or 3 minutes at the end of each game .
I would imagine Heyes is nailed on to start every cup game in both comps at this stage
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

kpj tiger wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 3:01 pm Appears Jack Van Poortvliet, Jonny Law and Ollie Ashworth have all been promoted alongside the ones we already knew

Also I think Jordan Coghlan is in one of the pre-season photo's uploaded by the club
Yeah you can see Coghlan in one of the Instagram videos, mixed in with the academy lads.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Leicestertinytiger wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 3:55 pm
kpj tiger wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 3:01 pm Appears Jack Van Poortvliet, Jonny Law and Ollie Ashworth have all been promoted alongside the ones we already knew

Yeah you can see Coghlan in one of the Instagram videos, mixed in with the academy lads.
In which case I shall refrain from asking any recruitment questions at supporters forums.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity