Not a happy place like the Ricoh!

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Re: Not a happy place like the Ricoh!

Post by WhitecapTiger »

Dangerous4 wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:03 pm What happened to their official title of London Wasps?
A long time ago, in a galaxy far far away......

https://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/ ... me-9055252

Article dated April 2015.

"Wasps have officially dropped “London” from the name of the club’s holding company - four months after permanently relocating to Coventry from High Wycombe."

"Wasps officially dropped the “London” prefix from the club’s name in July 2014."

Weren't they originally just "Wasps FC/RFC" up until 1999 anyway? 'London' being added to ID the professional team? Could be wrong.
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
1989Tiger

Post by 1989Tiger »

ourla wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:55 am
1989Tiger wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:13 am
mol2 wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:37 am Or is it a case lower division football club can't afford to rent the use of major stadium and the owners of that stadium deciding that the money on offer doesn't justify sharing?
Wasps shouldn’t be there anyway. They should still be in the London area. I’ll never change my mind on that.
Have you ever changed your mind about anything ellis?

Go on - give us one example where you have changed your mind?
Sorry, who?
loretta
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by loretta »

WhitecapTiger wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:50 pm
Dangerous4 wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:03 pm What happened to their official title of London Wasps?
A long time ago, in a galaxy far far away......

https://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/ ... me-9055252

Article dated April 2015.

"Wasps have officially dropped “London” from the name of the club’s holding company - four months after permanently relocating to Coventry from High Wycombe."

"Wasps officially dropped the “London” prefix from the club’s name in July 2014."

Weren't they originally just "Wasps FC/RFC" up until 1999 anyway? 'London' being added to ID the professional team? Could be wrong.

They added “London” when they moved out of it, to High Wycombe, in a wholly transparent attempt to still be associated with the capital.
In my defence, I was left unsupervised….