England XV v Barbarians

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

mol2
Super User
Super User

Re: England XV v Barbarians

Post by mol2 »

Dombrant didn't harm his chances of being on the plane to Japan.

Marcus Smith is clearly a talent but needs to take a look at the George Ford book on !tackling for little guys! before he can progress at senior international level. It may come as he didn't look to avoid tackling but did get run over.
BFG
Super User
Super User

Re: England XV v Barbarians

Post by BFG »

1989Tiger wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 5:28 pm
BFG wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:17 am
1989Tiger wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:30 am

You’re talking about instinct. Ben Youngs has it. Just look at some of the tries he has scored and created over the years by using his instinct.
No I'm not talking about instinct.
I'm talking about the things that equate to instincts being good.
I'm referring to things such as acceleration, desire etc.
Things like vision and adapting to intensity come into it and ideally a top team wants it on the pitch but I'd accept that could be improved to a certain extent with more experience but it's not guaranteed if not naturally present.
Not every player may possess these things but a player without one or more of certain attributes will restrict a team.
The saying goes that there is no such thing as the perfect player but that has to be the end goal.
Personally I believe it's such an important position that you ideally want as much present as possible and certain attributes are a must more than ever before.
So your “last comment about nines” wasn’t your last comment about nines then?! :smt023
I knew that was coming but didn't know from who! :smt023
Obligated to respond.