Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Scuttle
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Challenge Cup 19/20

Post by Scuttle »

:smt003
Cagey Tiger wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:30 pm
biffer wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:04 pm And obviously, winning it gets you into the Heineken the year after.

But Tigers won't need that. We'll qualify automatically via the league. Maybe even as champions :smt002 :smt003
Now we know where Ellis9 went to ? :smt003
As Good As It Gets
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

Scuttle wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:41 pm :smt003
Cagey Tiger wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:30 pm
biffer wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:04 pm And obviously, winning it gets you into the Heineken the year after.

But Tigers won't need that. We'll qualify automatically via the league. Maybe even as champions :smt002 :smt003
Now we know where Ellis9 went to ? :smt003
He/she wouldn't have put the smilies at the end :smt023
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Biffer used to be quite a critical voice, now he seems positively optimistic. I'd like to know who the new coach is, assuming Ford is staying for me to be vaguely optimistic about Europe.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

jgriffin wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:25 pm Biffer used to be quite a critical voice, now he seems positively optimistic. I'd like to know who the new coach is, assuming Ford is staying for me to be vaguely optimistic about Europe.
Yes trendylfj is adamant we have one in. Wonder who it is,unless he meant Ford?
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Lots of summer still to go though...
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Cardiff Tig
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Cardiff Tig »

jgriffin wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:25 pm Biffer used to be quite a critical voice, now he seems positively optimistic. I'd like to know who the new coach is, assuming Ford is staying for me to be vaguely optimistic about Europe.
I'd be more optimistic if the team I supported seemed like it was on an upward journey with a decent coach who has a plan :smt002
roboleo

Post by roboleo »

It may be just me, but I don't give a monkey's... about this cup. Next season we must be fully focused on the league and I'd use this competition like the other cup to develop new talent, bring in those returning from injury and give those that need it a rest (especially the internationals).
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

roboleo wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:09 pm It may be just me, but I don't give a monkey's... about this cup. Next season we must be fully focused on the league and I'd use this competition like the other cup to develop new talent, bring in those returning from injury and give those that need it a rest (especially the internationals).
Part of me agrees with you about taking the Challenge Cup as a competition of lesser importance, but if Tigers advance from their pool the temptation to bring in first choice players for the knock-out stages may be strong.
Semper in excretia
biffer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by biffer »

Just to keep you calm, I didn't say we'd win it. Somebody else screwed up quote function. Either that or someone (you know who you are) has been editing my posts on the fly again...
Scuttle
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scuttle »

biffer wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:20 pm
Just to keep you calm, I didn't say we'd win it. Somebody else screwed up quote function. Either that or someone (you know who you are) has been editing my posts on the fly again...
Biffer I think that was me and it was a genuine piece of incompetence of IT skills. I wrote a reply and then immediately decided to edit it by adding a smiley face but somehow managed to mess it up by the looks of it. Just wanted to clarify and apologies to all.
As Good As It Gets
biffer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by biffer »

Scuttle wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:30 pm
biffer wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:20 pm
Biffer I think that was me and it was a genuine piece of incompetence of IT skills. I wrote a reply and then immediately decided to edit it by adding a smiley face but somehow managed to mess it up by the looks of it. Just wanted to clarify and apologies to all.
:smt003 no worries
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

Scott1 wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 2:02 pm Wasps, Leicester Tigers, Worcester Warriors and London Irish will join Bristol in the Challenge Cup next season from the Gallagher Premiership.

Also competing in the Challenge Cup this year are: Stade Francais, Bordeaux Begles, Toulon, Pau, Agen, Castres, Grenoble, Bayonne, Cardiff Blues, Scarlets, Edinburgh, Dragons, Zebre, Calvisano, Enisei.
Draw 19 June.
Wasps, Castre and Scarlets top ranking. June 19, 1pm, we'll find out the Tigers fate!!
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat