Whimsical holiday threads

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Whimsical holiday threads

Post by jgriffin »

I was quite enjoying the Bodies' thread as it had the potential to turn very whimsical or fantastical. I was just thinking that abbreviating it to 'Bods' made it quite early C20, very Wodehouse.
I make an impassioned appeal, at a time when whimsy is needed more than ever (not Lord Peter the Homophone), the one off-topic thread could survive without transport to Welford Road odds and sods forum. We can often banter and those of such a bent could surely make a humorous but rugby related thread on Fanatics Forum?
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
BFG
Super User
Super User

Re: Whimsical holiday threads

Post by BFG »

Is this the odd bods thread?
Dangerous4
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dangerous4 »

What do people do in the close season that they don't during, I often wonder, but that would be straying a way from the rugby theme. Now I would come out as an odd bod!
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

What do I do? Watch my favourite rugby matches :smt005 :smt005 I'm also a massive boxing fan and tend to appear at a lot of bbq and beer gardens!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

If Tom Curry gets selected for the World Cup they could slip Ben in the squad on the sly to give Tom a rest and nobody will know!
Extra squad member anyone!
Dangerous4
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dangerous4 »

Scott1 wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 6:42 pm What do I do? Watch my favourite rugby matches :smt005 :smt005 I'm also a massive boxing fan and tend to appear at a lot of bbq and beer gardens!
Sounds good, especially the beer.

I spend much of the close season making paranormal investigations. Twelve days coming up in York, at the Golden Fleece Inn. Very active, especially the St. Catherine room. obviously other places as well

Told you I was an odd bod in most peoples eyes. :smt037
TigerS2
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by TigerS2 »

Dangerous4 wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 8:32 pm
Scott1 wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 6:42 pm What do I do? Watch my favourite rugby matches :smt005 :smt005 I'm also a massive boxing fan and tend to appear at a lot of bbq and beer gardens!

I spend much of the close season making paranormal investigations. Twelve days coming up in York, at the Golden Fleece Inn. Very active, especially the St. Catherine room. obviously other places as well

I love GhostAdventures, on the Really Channel. I’ve heard there are ghosts on Bosworth Field.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Very interesting,tell me more! My wife is a massive fan of the paranormal,I myself mightily enjoy ghost adventures and Nick Groffs 72hr lockdown although while Zak can be hilariously OTT Nick bores me to tears! I'm in York twice this year myself,my son finishes his university there when he comes back from Japan. Any good places that you know Midlands wise,got to take the Wife. She's been to a few with friends but we've never been together. She keeps nagging me :smt005
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

Scott1 wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 9:54 pm
Scott1 wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 6:42 pm What do I do? Watch my favourite rugby matches I'm also a massive boxing fan and tend to appear at a lot of bbq and beer gardens!

Told you I was an odd bod in most peoples eyes.
Very interesting,tell me more! My wife is a massive fan of the paranormal,I myself mightily enjoy ghost adventures and Nick Groffs 72hr lockdown although while Zak can be hilariously OTT Nick bores me to tears! I'm in York twice this year myself,my son finishes his university there when he comes back from Japan. Any good places that you know Midlands wise,got to take the Wife. She's been to a few with friends but we've never been together. She keeps nagging me :smt005
Perhaps just watching Tigers, who are a ghost of their former selves, would suffice? :smt044 :smt044
Dangerous4
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dangerous4 »

TigerS2 wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 9:29 pm

I love GhostAdventures, on the Really Channel. I’ve heard there are ghosts on Bosworth Field.
I am 100% certain there are, although I have never done that site. Where unnatural deaths have occurred you will often find a spirit/spirits.
Dangerous4
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dangerous4 »

fentiger wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 7:54 am
Scott1 wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 9:54 pm

Told you I was an odd bod in most peoples eyes.
Perhaps just watching Tigers, who are a ghost of their former selves, would suffice? :smt044 :smt044
After the weekend I will PM you at some point, and let you know when it is there.

If I do it on here, I should probably get my knuckles wrapped for deviating from the rugby theme. It's a shame there isn't a general interest theme on the site.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Yes D4,give me some info and I'll book something up with the wife.
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

Unless we're planning to hold hands and contact last season's defensive strategy, I suggest this thread might be buried in a non-Rugby forum! :smt059
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Hopefully the thread will just be marked O/T and left here.