Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Scott1
Super User
Super User

Weekend match thread - 24-26th May

Post by Scott1 »

Try for Liebenberg!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Re: Weekend match thread

Post by Mark62 »

Impressed with what I’ve seen so far big unit hits a lot of rucks and makes tackle assists.

Try was a bit fortunate as possible knock on but Jaco Piper could have easily awarded a penalty try and yellow card against The Brumbies
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Yes first offence should've been a p.try moving at that pace!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
chewbacca
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chewbacca »

Lets hope we get confirmation soon, after the SR season ends I would guess.
I'm not cynical just experienced
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Fitness permitting I’m a lot more positive with the 3 forward signings for next season Liebenberg, Lavanini and Taufua, along with a rejuvenated Spencer and Thompson
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

chewbacca wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 11:31 am Lets hope we get confirmation soon, after the SR season ends I would guess.
Hasn’t he already confirmed it himself on social media, so maybe it’s the Bulls that are blocking the official announcement, could possibly be that he wants to be in Pretoria when it is confirmed
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

Mark62 wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 11:32 am Fitness permitting I’m a lot more positive with the 3 forward signings for next season Liebenberg, Lavanini and Taufua, along with a rejuvenated Spencer and Thompson
Will it be enough though? Granted the signings look great and a fully fit pack should be a handful. But undoubtedly we’re going to get injuries, suspensions etc and the strength in depth does seem lacking.

Need another tough lock and flanker for me. We’re going to need to rotate to keep players fresh and firing.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Re: Weekend match thread - 24-26th May

Post by Scott1 »

Green and Wells are good back ups for me. Who's the next cab off the rank? Back row depends a lot on Denton. And perhaps Wallace coming in too. Imo we need both.
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Leicestertinytiger wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 11:36 am
Mark62 wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 11:32 am Fitness permitting I’m a lot more positive with the 3 forward signings for next season Liebenberg, Lavanini and Taufua, along with a rejuvenated Spencer and Thompson
Will it be enough though? Granted the signings look great and a fully fit pack should be a handful. But undoubtedly we’re going to get injuries, suspensions etc and the strength in depth does seem lacking.

Need another tough lock and flanker for me. We’re going to need to rotate to keep players fresh and firing.
Agreed and you need that bit of luck but these 3 will add 8-10 % more effectiveness in aggression and ball winning capacity to our pack, which will make a huge difference.
Do agree with Scott that a fit Denton and maybe another open side, Wallace or Coughlan, would help too
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

Denton, probably Wallace and Kalamafoni is good strength in depth for the back row, no issues there.

But imagine Lavanini called up by Argentina and Spencer injured. Green and Wells doesn’t inspire me with confidence in the engine department. For me the starting locks should be a new recruit with Lavanini. Green and Spencer as backup with Wells.
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Leicestertinytiger wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 12:32 pm Denton, probably Wallace and Kalamafoni is good strength in depth for the back row, no issues there.

But imagine Lavanini called up by Argentina and Spencer injured. Green and Wells doesn’t inspire me with confidence in the engine department. For me the starting locks should be a new recruit with Lavanini. Green and Spencer as backup with Wells.
Would be nice but only so much budget, Lavanini and Spencer to start, with back up of Wells, Green, and Martin would be good
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Bit harsh on Spencer,he's definitely first team worthy imo.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

And don't forget Liebenberg can play lock too if needed.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Green will be a great backuo and imo will push Spencer/Lavanini all the way to try and get first place, people have really forgotten his incredible form from last season for the Falcons.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

Looking forward to Sarries versus Gloucester tomorrow. I think it will be the more competitive of the two semi's.